Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 8:38 pm
Feb 13, 2014
472 posts
243 upvotes
RFD Land
kithid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:20 am
You can do a redeem anyway though through their tdrewards site and I've found that to be pretty swift.
Yup.. pretty easy. Just did it for a Hotel Deposit on my Wife's Card. When the Transaction is posted to the card you just login to the tdrewards site then submit a request with the Transaction info and amount of points you want to redeem against it. Its 250Pts/$1 instead of the 200Pts/$1 using expediafortd but its painless. They have taken the points out now of my wife's balance but transaction credit should show up tomorrow or the next.

I only did it this way so my wife wouldn't have to call in. If you call in the rep's (Even the CC Reps) can do it for you was well and it's quick.

Scotia Rewards is the same. Once the transaction posts and you can see it in the scotia rewards site you can apply a credit the same way. Easy peasy.
Feb 13, 2014
472 posts
243 upvotes
RFD Land
mike017 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:40 am
Thanks, biz. That helps a lot. I have the TD AI account so I was not charged the $120 in the first place. And yes, I was thinking of waiting until the final 30k are posted before switching to the free TD visa and then applying again for the FCVI. Hopefully it works for me.
Depending on when you switched... if you did it before Dec 3rd on the old promo you should get the 30K and I would fight for it if I were you. If you did it after Dec 3rd you won't get it.

I switched my AI TD Aeropeso to a TDFC (After Dec 3rd) and the agent allowed it but I was told I would only get the 20K and not the 30K Extra. I was fine with it as it was my AI card and the Annual Fee wouldn't be charged anyway. Free $100.. Plus I am pooling all the points from the my earlier TDFC's to this account as they come in to spend over the year. :)

They are definitely NOT allowing Product Changes or Split Limit openings on the new Dec 3rd to Mar 1st promo via the phone. It seems its ONLINE Only Apps for NEW cards which will get it.

I am just waiting for the last 30K on my last card to post. It got the 20K and FYF reversal... I opened it Dec 2nd and it was a NEW Card I did over the phone so it should qualify.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:55 am
Depending on when you switched... if you did it before Dec 3rd on the old promo you should get the 30K and I would fight for it if I were you. If you did it after Dec 3rd you won't get it.

I switched my AI TD Aeropeso to a TDFC (After Dec 3rd) and the agent allowed it but I was told I would only get the 20K and not the 30K Extra. I was fine with it as it was my AI card and the Annual Fee wouldn't be charged anyway. Free $100.. Plus I am pooling all the points from the my earlier TDFC's to this account as they come in to spend over the year. :)

They are definitely NOT allowing Product Changes or Split Limit openings on the new Dec 3rd to Mar 1st promo via the phone. It seems its ONLINE Only Apps for NEW cards which will get it.

I am just waiting for the last 30K on my last card to post. It got the 20K and FYF reversal... I opened it Dec 2nd and it was a NEW Card I did over the phone so it should qualify.
for some reason, i was denied the welcome bonus for the 2nd switch done in late november ...
so it seems this happening is kinda random ...
Feb 13, 2014
472 posts
243 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:07 pm
for some reason, i was denied the welcome bonus for the 2nd switch done in late november ...
so it seems this happening is kinda random ...
Did you call in and they denied it? Mine were new accounts so I guess that could be the difference. What were you told when you switched? If you were told you would get FYF and 50K I would argue that and get them to check the recording of what the CS Agent told you if you want to press the issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 2:12 pm
Did you call in and they denied it? Mine were new accounts so I guess that could be the difference. What were you told when you switched? If you were told you would get FYF and 50K I would argue that and get them to check the recording of what the CS Agent told you if you want to press the issue.
i called in to do the switch ... and was told i will get both the 20k&30k ...
but never saw the 20k ... until i called in to harass them into giving me the 20k ...
Feb 26, 2008
314 posts
230 upvotes
Surrey
brunes wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:30 am
I used to have this card but found having to call in to redeem a big PITA. Much prefer Captial One and HSBC rewards that let you do it right from the website. TD doesn't because they really try to direct you through their own Expedia portal - which rarely gives the best prices.
I would agree with you on the portal. I try to book through there and then get a price match. But as you know, those travel prices can fluctuate so it is a bit of a pain. I usually book where I want to and then call in now. I do find it as much of a hassle as when I first got the card. Seems easier.

We got the card to earn the travel points through our everyday spending. So we rack up the points that way, I think in total we may have booked 3 time through their portal. Everything else was an external site. I have access to other hotel and vacation portals. So we end up calling in to get the credit applied. I can see it being a big hassle if you travel a fair number of times in a year.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1065 posts
80 upvotes
i tried to apply twice (back to back days). But both times it said my application couldn't be processed. I've run into this before when I'm not an account holder with the bank. Any way I could still get this offer but apply at the branch/telephone instead?
Jul 4, 2017
389 posts
70 upvotes
So the ship has sailed for product switches for now? I have a VI (the Aeroplan one), got the bonus, would it be best to switch to a no-fee Visa and wait for another promo -- either FCT or Aeroplan -- and could I do this online or do I need to call in?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1336 posts
53 upvotes
Quick Question: When I log into my TDrewards Accounts, I now have TWO balance there.

One is linked to my other card Platinum Travel Visa Card and the other one is link to this one (TD First Class Visa Infinite), which received the 20K points at first purchase. I though the reward points would go into the same account. Now I have two balance....Can it be merged? If so, I guess I need to call in then on Monday. TIA
Sep 30, 2009
99 posts
34 upvotes
Tried applying it in branch, the lady couldn't find this extended offer in their system. I guess the promo still exists for new customers applying for online only.
Sep 30, 2009
99 posts
34 upvotes
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch over to the cash Back visa infinite after obtaining the points and converting the td points into cash Back dollars for my credit card statement ?
Jan 18, 2014
524 posts
61 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
G0DKING wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 5:42 pm
Has anyone had success product transferring and being told they'll get the 50k fyf after the offer was extended to March 1st
tmonies wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 3:26 am
If this hasn't been asked yet, can I call TD and asked to be switched from the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card to the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Card AND still receive the 50,000 promotional points offer and FYF?? Just wondering
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:22 am
Not under the new Promotion that started Dec 3rd. The old promo YES you could have. Under the new Promo they are sticking to the New Accounts only and Apply online only.

If you SWAP a card from X to the TDFC you will only get 20K points and NO 30K Bonus and NO FYF.
I confirm that when I called in late December to switch TD Aeroplan to TD FCT, the agent told me I would not be eligible for the bonus.
Jan 18, 2014
524 posts
61 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 8:27 am

During the first phase of this promo, Sep - Dec 3rd, myself and others were easily able to call in to speak to a TD CC rep to convert existing cards, create new cards by shaving off credit from existing TD cards, and by taking advantage of any pre-approved credit limit offers, to create new FCT Visa cards for the 20K + 30K/$1K ($0 in Quebec) + FYF. You could of course also apply online (or over the phone) to get a new card created as a brand new application not tied to any conversion/limit offers.
A note on this: when I applied in late December, I was told that Quebec residents also have the $1k spending requirement.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3841 posts
1598 upvotes
Spyder187 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:07 am
i tried to apply twice (back to back days). But both times it said my application couldn't be processed. I've run into this before when I'm not an account holder with the bank. Any way I could still get this offer but apply at the branch/telephone instead?
Your woes are not new. TD's online application systems have been plagued with bugs for years, and I've been writing/commenting about it seemingly forever, in the TD Aeroplan Visa threads.

From Dec 2nd in this thread:
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:35 pm
Just call them and do an application over the phone. Likely there is something in your profile that is not jiving with what they have on file for you (assuming you're an existing TD client). You can try different browsers, clearing your cache, using private/incognito mode, different days, but if the ultimate reason is information discrepancies then there's no way around it...a human will need to help you. I've been through this too many times over the years with TD new card applications. I'd prefer to let my fingers do the walking...call, instead of going to a branch.
Now would be a good time to test how adamant the phone reps are about having to apply online to get this promo, as they have been claiming this is the only way to get the FYF/50K promo during this second phase.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3841 posts
1598 upvotes
John47 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 7:01 pm
A note on this: when I applied in late December, I was told that Quebec residents also have the $1k spending requirement.
Johnny-The-Boy,

The agent must be unaware that there is a separate online page for Quebec residents to apply:
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/

Ok, I just looked for the notes on that page about the (non)requirement to spend $1000 for the final 30K, but the Legal link won't open for me. Maybe you can try and view it to see if the $1000 is mentioned or not. I know it was NOT in there last month, when we discussed this.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)