Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1076 posts
82 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:51 pm
Your woes are not new. TD's online application systems have been plagued with bugs for years, and I've been writing/commenting about it seemingly forever, in the TD Aeroplan Visa threads.

From Dec 2nd in this thread:

Now would be a good time to test how adamant the phone reps are about having to apply online to get this promo, as they have been claiming this is the only way to get the FYF/50K promo during this second phase.
Thanks for the reply!. Yeah i remember having issues with the aeroplan and then I ensured they put in the "code" when I applied at the branch. I'll try phoning in then.
Jan 18, 2014
715 posts
110 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:55 pm
Johnny-The-Boy,

The agent must be unaware that there is a separate online page for Quebec residents to apply:
https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banki ... ex-quebec/

Ok, I just looked for the notes on that page about the (non)requirement to spend $1000 for the final 30K, but the Legal link won't open for me. Maybe you can try and view it to see if the $1000 is mentioned or not. I know it was NOT in there last month, when we discussed this.
OK, thanks for the link! Can't open the 'legal' link either.

Given I've already applied through the link with the $1K spending requirement, I guess I'll be bound by that.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4077 posts
1929 upvotes
Spyder187 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:01 pm
Thanks for the reply!. Yeah i remember having issues with the aeroplan and then I ensured they put in the "code" when I applied at the branch. I'll try phoning in then.
John47 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:04 pm
OK, thanks for the link! Can't open the 'legal' link either.

Given I've already applied through the link with the $1K spending requirement, I guess I'll be bound by that.
Unlike the TD Aeroplan promos, this FCT does NOT have a source code that is tied to the application, at least not on the front-end...look at the online application URL string...it's just generic. Whereas the TD Aeroplan online apps would have a "SourceCode=Sb6l9" for the GreedyRates affiliated promo, as an example. But something does seem to get added so that their systems know whether or not to award the initial 20K after first purchase, and seemingly knows as well whether you will get the final 30K.

Johnny, I think it doesn't matter how you applied, with the generic or "Quebec" link, there is no SourceCode to differentiate how you applied. The requirement to spend $1000 or not is based on your residency, as tied to your card account. If you want to try calling again to clarify with a TD CC rep, mention this different Quebec signup page. There's a reason why Quebec is exempt from having to spend the minimum requirement, which is also related to why MBNA pulled the Alaska Airline MC off the Quebec shelves, when they changed their policy for this card about a year ago from "first purchase" to having a "minimum $1500 spending requirement".
Last edited by bizee-bee on Jan 6th, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4995 posts
645 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:23 pm
I bought $500 of Costco cash cards online to help meet one of my FCT's minimum spending tasks. Used it all up within a week. Should've just purchased $1000 all at once.
i may have to resort to buying costco cashcard to meet my tdfct $1000 spend.
how safe is the costco cashcard?
i have only purchased the cashcard once many yrs ago ... just want to know if i should go this route since i can no longer go the paytm route to meet the min spend ... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Dec 4, 2016
205 posts
87 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:35 am
i have only purchased the cashcard once many yrs ago ... just want to know if i should go this route since i can no longer go the paytm route to meet the min spend ... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I thought Costco was MC only now?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4821 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
In store. Online is Visa/MC
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Feb 13, 2014
493 posts
262 upvotes
RFD Land
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:51 pm
Your woes are not new. TD's online application systems have been plagued with bugs for years, and I've been writing/commenting about it seemingly forever, in the TD Aeroplan Visa threads.

From Dec 2nd in this thread:

Now would be a good time to test how adamant the phone reps are about having to apply online to get this promo, as they have been claiming this is the only way to get the FYF/50K promo during this second phase.
Agreed.. I have in the past applied a few times online but lately it seems as buggy as hell. All my TDFC's were done over the phone but all during the 1st Promo (Sep-Dec).

I would argue as well if you can't do it online. I just find it weird as the deal is ONLINE only. TD is seriously plugging this card as I have seen poster adverts and Elevator Advert videos for it. I hope they slack off again on the next round and maybe even a greedy rates or a GCR promo again for people who are having issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4077 posts
1929 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:35 am
VH, I've been buying Costco cash cards since the day I started churning. When Amex was their CC partner, sometimes I would just buy a large enough cash card to make sure I exceeded the spending requirements, earlier rather than later. And with the volume we would spend at Costco it was never too hard to use up the cash card within a month or two. Sad they moved to MC here in Canada and Visa in the US.

Yeah, just order them online with Visa if you need to. They are delivered using Canada Post in about a week. I haven't had any fraudulent issues with them...it's not Iike they're Esso gas gift cards, sitting around at a station for the pubic to tamper with before you buy and activate them.
Jan 18, 2014
715 posts
110 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
bizee-bee,
are you able to combine your points with your wife's points?
Mar 12, 2006
617 posts
35 upvotes
Smithers
Any actually try a cash advance and see if they gave the bonus points?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7514 posts
1926 upvotes
Toronto
I was talking to TDFC rep and he said I can combine the points from my wife. That was good to know.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4077 posts
1929 upvotes
John47 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:55 pm
bizee-bee,
are you able to combine your points with your wife's points?
Arrgh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:27 pm
I was talking to TDFC rep and he said I can combine the points from my wife. That was good to know.
I would be THRILLED if that were true. Every rep I've talked to has told me it can only be combined for the same primary card owner. So, they wouldn't let me combine mine with my wife's. We could combine all our multiple FCT cards that we each own, but not with each other.
Jan 18, 2014
715 posts
110 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:43 pm
I would be THRILLED if that were true. Every rep I've talked to has told me it can only be combined for the same primary card owner. So, they wouldn't let me combine mine with my wife's. We could combine all our multiple FCT cards that we each own, but not with each other.
OK thanks.

Any idea how strict TD is about the 60k minimum income?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1187 posts
116 upvotes
Ajax
John47 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:45 pm
OK thanks.

Any idea how strict TD is about the 60k minimum income?
Likewise. What about your household?