Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 8:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7351 posts
1778 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:43 pm
I would be THRILLED if that were true. Every rep I've talked to has told me it can only be combined for the same primary card owner. So, they wouldn't let me combine mine with my wife's. We could combine all our multiple FCT cards that we each own, but not with each other.
Oh, maybe it was a CSR who was not too knowledgeable. When my wife and I each get our 30k bonus, I'll ask again. It'd be much easier for me if we can combine my wife's points into my account. That way I can do the next book with my account to redeem the points together.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1114 posts
108 upvotes
Ajax
Arrgh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:50 pm
Oh, maybe it was a CSR who was not too knowledgeable. When my wife and I each get our 30k bonus, I'll ask again. It'd be much easier for me if we can combine my wife's points into my account. That way I can do the next book with my account to redeem the points together.
Did you get the name of the rep who you spoke to? Chances are your call was recorded and can use that to your advantage if it came to it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3841 posts
1598 upvotes
John47 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:45 pm
OK thanks.

Any idea how strict TD is about the 60k minimum income?
Yes.

As in, yes, I have an idea. I wrote about it somewhere in this thread but I'm incapable of finding it for you right now. If I find it later when I'm at 100% power, I'll let you know, how 'bout dat? Deal? :D

Quick answer: fairly slack. But YMMV. .
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3841 posts
1598 upvotes
Arrgh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:50 pm
Most likely a rep who was blowing bubbles. There's a clause that even mentions that points can only be combined for the same card owner, look for it in the Legal notes.

BUT, I would love to be wrong! Our combined points could prolly fly us in biz class somewhere !!

- within NA :|

- just one of us. :lol:
Feb 13, 2014
472 posts
243 upvotes
RFD Land
Can't wait to see how this pans out...lol. I used my wife's $210ish worth of TD Points (Approx 52,000 TD Rewards Points) on a Hotel Deposit.

I applied requested the Statement Credit via the TD Rewards site to request using the TD Pts against the charge. It Was easy and took 2-3 Business days.. Credit got applied.

Now her TD Reward PT Balance is -630... Yup Minus. These idiots count a Travel Redemption statement credit like a "Return" of merchandise. So they took Minus 630 points ($210 X 3 = 630Pts) from her account.

Well once the remaining balance is paid after the credit is applied she will be switching the card back to a no fee card. TD Can suck it if they think we are paying them back for the measly 630 Poiints.

So stupid.. use your points u finally get accumulated for a travel credit and they ding you.

That's idiotic. So we saved $210 off our statement... but now to get back to a 0 Pts balance we need to spend $210 more on the card.. So basically the next $210 worth of spending gets you $0.
Nov 29, 2017
68 posts
7 upvotes
sunchaser53 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 5:33 pm
Quick Question: When I log into my TDrewards Accounts, I now have TWO balance there.

One is linked to my other card Platinum Travel Visa Card and the other one is link to this one (TD First Class Visa Infinite), which received the 20K points at first purchase. I though the reward points would go into the same account. Now I have two balance....Can it be merged? If so, I guess I need to call in then on Monday. TIA
Yes, you can call them & request to move the points from one account to the other as many times as you want.
Nov 29, 2017
68 posts
7 upvotes
xzero3631 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 5:49 pm
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch over to the cash Back visa infinite after obtaining the points and converting the td points into cash Back dollars for my credit card statement ?
You can switch over to the CBVI but cannot convert the points into cash back dollars. I think you can convert the points as cash payment within TDFC but at a much lower rate.
Aug 22, 2016
12 posts
9 upvotes
Quebec
What is the account opening date? Is it when you sign up for the card or when you receive and activate it? I'm in Quebec and will receive the 30k points 90 days after account opening. I need to book a travel before January 23 and we can only redeem points for travel made within 90 days. So if the account opening date is when i receive the card i won't have a lot of buffer to receive and apply my points.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1115 posts
354 upvotes
Vancouver
TesseracT8 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:14 am
What is the account opening date? Is it when you sign up for the card or when you receive and activate it? I'm in Quebec and will receive the 30k points 90 days after account opening. I need to book a travel before January 23 and we can only redeem points for travel made within 90 days. So if the account opening date is when i receive the card i won't have a lot of buffer to receive and apply my points.
Date of approval. So if they auto-approve you online, then it'll be that day. If they don't auto-approve, then likely a few days after.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
kcmcheung wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:15 am
You can switch over to the CBVI but cannot convert the points into cash back dollars. I think you can convert the points as cash payment within TDFC but at a much lower rate.
if you convert to the CBVI, are you qualify for the 6% for everyday purchases or just for eligible grocery & gas only?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:40 pm
Most likely a rep who was blowing bubbles. There's a clause that even mentions that points can only be combined for the same card owner, look for it in the Legal notes.

BUT, I would love to be wrong! Our combined points could prolly fly us in biz class somewhere !!

- within NA :|

- just one of us. :lol:
several yrs ago, i was told by a rbc rep that i could only transfer avion pts from my spouse avion account if i visit a branch ... and the reason was that the avion pts are treated just like normal asset and thus need to do some paper to authorize such transactions ...

no kidding ... a lawyer friend told me that in divorce/separate agreement, reward pts are actually listed as asset and must be split 50/50 between the spouses ... :) so it is not that easy to "merge" those pts ...

hey BB, have you closed some of yr now empty accounts? or will you be switching back to park in no fee cards?

(I am about to switch 1 of my fct cbvi since i have the AI package ... :) )
Jan 18, 2014
524 posts
61 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
TesseracT8 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:14 am
Just curious, did someone from TD confirm this on the phone, or did you just apply through the link that said so?
Nov 29, 2017
68 posts
7 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 6:47 pm
if you convert to the CBVI, are you qualify for the 6% for everyday purchases or just for eligible grocery & gas only?
Quoted from TD's website:
"Welcome Bonus: Welcome Bonus of 6% in Cash Back Dollars ("Welcome Bonus Rebate") applies to NEW TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Accounts ("Account") in the first 3 months of Account opening ("First 3 Months") to a maximum total collective spend of $3500 ("Welcome Bonus Cap") on any one or more of the following transactions charged to the Account:
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments")."

It all depends on how they define NEW application. I was the first batch of applications & through product switch from FCT (product switch from Gold Elite 3 months prior to that) and only entitled 6% on the above 3 categories. One of my family members by invitation to switch from Gold Elite got 6% on everything. Then the new promotion offer kicked in and my other family member got 6% on everything by new application. I think you can confirm with the CSR as long as you have not had that CBVI (unlikely) before.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
John47 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:37 pm
Just curious, did someone from TD confirm this on the phone, or did you just apply through the link that said so?
it was well-unknown that the 90 days has always been from day of approval .... unless something has changed recently ... Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4780 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
kcmcheung wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:40 pm
Quoted from TD's website:
"Welcome Bonus: Welcome Bonus of 6% in Cash Back Dollars ("Welcome Bonus Rebate") applies to NEW TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Accounts ("Account") in the first 3 months of Account opening ("First 3 Months") to a maximum total collective spend of $3500 ("Welcome Bonus Cap") on any one or more of the following transactions charged to the Account:
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments")."

It all depends on how they define NEW application. I was the first batch of applications & through product switch from FCT (product switch from Gold Elite 3 months prior to that) and only entitled 6% on the above 3 categories. One of my family members by invitation to switch from Gold Elite got 6% on everything. Then the new promotion offer kicked in and my other family member got 6% on everything by new application. I think you can confirm with the CSR as long as you have not had that CBVI (unlikely) before.
it seems if you get it via a new application from greedyrates, the 6% is good for ALL purchases ...