Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2018 4:23 pm
Aug 22, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Quebec
John47 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:37 pm
Just curious, did someone from TD confirm this on the phone, or did you just apply through the link that said so?
It was written on the page where I applied.
Mar 8, 2006
470 posts
93 upvotes
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:00 am
Can't wait to see how this pans out...lol. I used my wife's $210ish worth of TD Points (Approx 52,000 TD Rewards Points) on a Hotel Deposit.

I applied requested the Statement Credit via the TD Rewards site to request using the TD Pts against the charge. It Was easy and took 2-3 Business days.. Credit got applied.

Now her TD Reward PT Balance is -630... Yup Minus. These idiots count a Travel Redemption statement credit like a "Return" of merchandise. So they took Minus 630 points ($210 X 3 = 630Pts) from her account.

Well once the remaining balance is paid after the credit is applied she will be switching the card back to a no fee card. TD Can suck it if they think we are paying them back for the measly 630 Poiints.

So stupid.. use your points u finally get accumulated for a travel credit and they ding you.

That's idiotic. So we saved $210 off our statement... but now to get back to a 0 Pts balance we need to spend $210 more on the card.. So basically the next $210 worth of spending gets you $0.
Please update if they resolve to your favor. What is the proper way to avoid this problem? Call TD to redeem it for me?
Feb 13, 2014
468 posts
241 upvotes
RFD Land
fortune88 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:47 pm
Please update if they resolve to your favor. What is the proper way to avoid this problem? Call TD to redeem it for me?
I don't think you can avoid it. Its just seems that's the way they process the "REWARDS REDEMPTION" as it is listed on your statement. It gets processed as a Refund so they remove TD Points for the $ Value of your TD Rewards Pts when it posts.

I will report back when we convert the card back to a no fee but I highly doubt they will make a big stink about 600ish points.. I just find it sort of dumb that it processes it that way.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
21225 posts
3562 upvotes
Waterloo
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:42 am
Would people recommend signing up for this card or Spg Amex churn for a trip to Disney world?
Get both
sunchaser53 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 5:33 pm
Quick Question: When I log into my TDrewards Accounts, I now have TWO balance there.

One is linked to my other card Platinum Travel Visa Card and the other one is link to this one (TD First Class Visa Infinite), which received the 20K points at first purchase. I though the reward points would go into the same account. Now I have two balance....Can it be merged? If so, I guess I need to call in then on Monday. TIA
Yes you can call to merge (as many times as needed)
xzero3631 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 5:49 pm
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch over to the cash Back visa infinite after obtaining the points and converting the td points into cash Back dollars for my credit card statement ?
I imagine so on the switch
Not so sure about converting TD points into cash (bad value anyway)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Apr 27, 2008
924 posts
270 upvotes
Edmonton
Reading some of the previous posts regarding the additional 30,000 points upon $1000 spend with the First Class Travel Infinite Visa, I see some people received those points very shortly after $1000 was posted to the account, whiles others did not. Speaking to a TD adviser today regarding other matters, I asked roughly when I should see those 30,000 points, as I had hit $1000 spend on Dec 27th. He had to look up the campaign and said that according to the information he had, it would be 8 weeks after the $1000 spend was posted to the account. I don't recall whether he specified within, after or around 8 weeks. Does this information sound correct? Has anyone had to wait that long for the bonus points to be added, and if not, how long should I wait before calling in? In which case, do I call the number on the back of the Visa, or TD? I read some people used an online chat?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3742 posts
1473 upvotes
canukeneh wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:53 pm
Reading some of the previous posts regarding the additional 30,000 points upon $1000 spend with the First Class Travel Infinite Visa, I see some people received those points very shortly after $1000 was posted to the account, whiles others did not. Speaking to a TD adviser today regarding other matters, I asked roughly when I should see those 30,000 points, as I had hit $1000 spend on Dec 27th. He had to look up the campaign and said that according to the information he had, it would be 8 weeks after the $1000 spend was posted to the account. I don't recall whether he specified within, after or around 8 weeks. Does this information sound correct? Has anyone had to wait that long for the bonus points to be added, and if not, how long should I wait before calling in? In which case, do I call the number on the back of the Visa, or TD? I read some people used an online chat?
Have you read this post?
td-first-class-visa-infinite-td-first-c ... #p28761544

Not enough datapoints, but it appears there's only been 3 dates where the final 30K were dished out: Oct 31, Nov 22(?) and then Dec 20th.

Some people who opened the card on say Dec 1st, spent the $1000 and had it posted by say Dec 18th, saw the 30K on Dec 20th. Does that mean it will post 2 days after you reach the spending requirement? No, just a coincidence.

So, 8 weeks is probably just a standard answer they will give everyone that asks, right out of the CSR handbook. No one (outside of TD pros) can say for sure what the actual timeline for payout will be.
Aug 31, 2017
589 posts
143 upvotes
I got this card beginning of October 2017 - Got my points in November - My points have since been used up. If I close my account in say February, would there be any bid impact?

I would rather get rid of this card altogether. I also hate this TD for Expedia nonsense, but I knew that going in.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4290 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:52 pm
I got this card beginning of October 2017 - Got my points in November - My points have since been used up. If I close my account in say February, would there be any bid impact?

I would rather get rid of this card altogether. I also hate this TD for Expedia nonsense, but I knew that going in.
no bad impact ... in fact ... always cancel newest card first ... oldest card last ...
Aug 31, 2017
589 posts
143 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:58 pm
no bad impact ... in fact ... always cancel newest card first ... oldest card last ...
Thank you kind value hunter..... :)

find any good late night deals tonight you want to share? :D
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4290 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:01 am
Thank you kind value hunter..... :)

find any good late night deals tonight you want to share? :D
unfortunately ... not too many deals come out during the night ... i m coming back empty handed from this night hunting trip ... LoL ...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1099 posts
90 upvotes
Is this card better than the cashback card? The advisor at my branch said so, but everyone I talk to has the travel one.
Jan 1, 2009
886 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:00 am
Can't wait to see how this pans out...lol. I used my wife's $210ish worth of TD Points (Approx 52,000 TD Rewards Points) on a Hotel Deposit.

I applied requested the Statement Credit via the TD Rewards site to request using the TD Pts against the charge. It Was easy and took 2-3 Business days.. Credit got applied.

Now her TD Reward PT Balance is -630... Yup Minus. These idiots count a Travel Redemption statement credit like a "Return" of merchandise. So they took Minus 630 points ($210 X 3 = 630Pts) from her account.

Well once the remaining balance is paid after the credit is applied she will be switching the card back to a no fee card. TD Can suck it if they think we are paying them back for the measly 630 Poiints.

So stupid.. use your points u finally get accumulated for a travel credit and they ding you.

That's idiotic. So we saved $210 off our statement... but now to get back to a 0 Pts balance we need to spend $210 more on the card.. So basically the next $210 worth of spending gets you $0.
Same thing to me. Used $223 in points now it says I have negative 630 points. It's likely a processing error. Don't care as will cancel the card soon as it's pretty useless beyond the travel signup bonus.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4290 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
Cypherus21 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:18 am
Same thing to me. Used $223 in points now it says I have negative 630 points. It's likely a processing error. Don't care as will cancel the card soon as it's pretty useless beyond the travel signup bonus.
td must have "upgraded" their reward system ...

i did a few redemption a few yrs ago and did not notice this weirdness ...

i learned that td has outsourced their software development .... recently ...
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4290 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
i have recently requested to merge my reward pts ...
how long will it take to complete the merge? its been 2 days ...
Feb 13, 2014
468 posts
241 upvotes
RFD Land
Cypherus21 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:18 am
Can't wait till I burn the 200,000 TD Rewards later this year on my TDFC...lol. I plan on using them up on a trip in June/July and when I get back I am using the points for travel credits at 250pts/$1 and then converting it back to a TD Aeropeso (It's my All Inclusive Card). If they think I am paying them back for -2400 Points after I get approx $800 in credits they are mistaken.

Bizee-bee will owe TD a small Fortune in Negative TD Points when he uses up all his points. :)