Expired Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2018 12:32 pm
Feb 13, 2014
487 posts
257 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:43 pm
i have recently requested to merge my reward pts ...
how long will it take to complete the merge? its been 2 days ...
I have done it on 2 cards now... Both took 3-4 Business Days. Don't count Weekends either. I did one on a Tues and it was done by Saturday Morning. The other I did on a Friday and it didn't go through until Wednesday the week after.

Patience... it will show up. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4904 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
I have done it on 2 cards now... Both took 3-4 Business Days. Don't count Weekends either. I did one on a Tues and it was done by Saturday Morning. The other I did on a Friday and it didn't go through until Wednesday the week after.

Patience... it will show up. :)
wow ... u r right ... 1 wk to the day ... the points have finally been transferred/merged ...

now its time to ps the fct to cbvi ... for the 6% on everything?
Feb 13, 2014
487 posts
257 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 1:19 pm
wow ... u r right ... 1 wk to the day ... the points have finally been transferred/merged ...

now its time to ps the fct to cbvi ... for the 6% on everything?
I just converted to the No Fee Cashback Cards to park them until the next deal..
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1572 posts
22 upvotes
kcmcheung wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:40 pm
Quoted from TD's website:
"Welcome Bonus: Welcome Bonus of 6% in Cash Back Dollars ("Welcome Bonus Rebate") applies to NEW TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Accounts ("Account") in the first 3 months of Account opening ("First 3 Months") to a maximum total collective spend of $3500 ("Welcome Bonus Cap") on any one or more of the following transactions charged to the Account:
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments")."

It all depends on how they define NEW application. I was the first batch of applications & through product switch from FCT (product switch from Gold Elite 3 months prior to that) and only entitled 6% on the above 3 categories. One of my family members by invitation to switch from Gold Elite got 6% on everything. Then the new promotion offer kicked in and my other family member got 6% on everything by new application. I think you can confirm with the CSR as long as you have not had that CBVI (unlikely) before.
Someone mentioned in another thread that they buy mastercard (or was is visa) prepaid cards at 7/11 and they show up as groceries.. Or was it gas?

Anyways, I haven't applied for this card yet, but am about to. Any idea if the 6% CB would be applied against these prepaid cards in this situation?
Nov 29, 2017
87 posts
14 upvotes
Nraja wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 5:47 pm
Someone mentioned in another thread that they buy mastercard (or was is visa) prepaid cards at 7/11 and they show up as groceries.. Or was it gas?

Anyways, I haven't applied for this card yet, but am about to. Any idea if the 6% CB would be applied against these prepaid cards in this situation?
You can buy cash or gift cards of Tim Horton's, McDonalds, Can Tire, Home Depot etc from grocery stores like Loblaws, Food Basics etc and since the bills you pay are to those grocery stores and therefore will be classified as payments for grocery items. If you buy gas cash cards from Esso station, those are treated as gas payments.

So you should earn your 6% or 3% cash back.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1313 posts
508 upvotes
GTA
Nraja wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 5:47 pm

Keep in mind a standalone convenience store 711 is not a gas station. Only the store attached to the gas station would be treated as gas.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1910 posts
132 upvotes
Guelph
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 2:57 pm
I just converted to the No Fee Cashback Cards to park them until the next deal..
I think it was between the card you mention and another that were recommended to covert to to park after this promo, can’t remember the name of the other now. Any advantage or strategy to either? I’ve now consolidated all my points onto one and am ready to “park” two until the next round!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1139 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
How long do you guys wait before "downgrading" your cards? 3 months?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4904 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
sheepe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 10:54 am
How long do you guys wait before "downgrading" your cards? 3 months?
after using up the pts ...
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1139 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:20 pm
after using up the pts ...
Really? I thought someone said wait 3-6 months before downgrading back to a regular card...

So you're just transferring the points to one card and then downgrade them all except 1?
Aug 27, 2007
192 posts
51 upvotes
Just to confirm, product switches aren't eligible for this offer anymore?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4904 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
devrfdok wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:29 pm
i think it is ymmv ... so it is better to call and ask the rep before doing the switch ... you have to call in anyway to do the switch ...

afaik, the 50k special promo requires new application and must be done online probably via an affiliate ...
i suspect the 20k regular promo is still available via a switch ... but better to ask the rep and confirm ...
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4904 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
sheepe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:28 pm
Really? I thought someone said wait 3-6 months before downgrading back to a regular card...

So you're just transferring the points to one card and then downgrade them all except 1?
i usually do switches after 6 month plus 1 day ...
Jan 18, 2014
606 posts
77 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
devrfdok wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:29 pm
In my recent experience --- like late December --- product switch was not available for the 50,000 points promotion.

I had to make a new application.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1711 posts
183 upvotes
anyone been able to redeem against presto charges?