Hot Deals

[TD First Class Visa Infinite] TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2018 5:47 pm
Feb 13, 2014
441 posts
226 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:43 pm
i have recently requested to merge my reward pts ...
how long will it take to complete the merge? its been 2 days ...
I have done it on 2 cards now... Both took 3-4 Business Days. Don't count Weekends either. I did one on a Tues and it was done by Saturday Morning. The other I did on a Friday and it didn't go through until Wednesday the week after.

Patience... it will show up. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3929 posts
389 upvotes
Ottawa
Gonkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:47 pm
I have done it on 2 cards now... Both took 3-4 Business Days. Don't count Weekends either. I did one on a Tues and it was done by Saturday Morning. The other I did on a Friday and it didn't go through until Wednesday the week after.

Patience... it will show up. :)
wow ... u r right ... 1 wk to the day ... the points have finally been transferred/merged ...

now its time to ps the fct to cbvi ... for the 6% on everything?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Feb 13, 2014
441 posts
226 upvotes
RFD Land
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 1:19 pm
wow ... u r right ... 1 wk to the day ... the points have finally been transferred/merged ...

now its time to ps the fct to cbvi ... for the 6% on everything?
I just converted to the No Fee Cashback Cards to park them until the next deal..
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2003
1540 posts
15 upvotes
kcmcheung wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:40 pm
Quoted from TD's website:
"Welcome Bonus: Welcome Bonus of 6% in Cash Back Dollars ("Welcome Bonus Rebate") applies to NEW TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Accounts ("Account") in the first 3 months of Account opening ("First 3 Months") to a maximum total collective spend of $3500 ("Welcome Bonus Cap") on any one or more of the following transactions charged to the Account:
(i) Purchases of gas or gas station services or products ("Gas Purchases");
(ii) Purchases of groceries or grocery items ("Grocery Purchases"); and
(iii) Each $1.00 in recurring bill payments set up on your Account ("Pre-Authorized Payments")."

It all depends on how they define NEW application. I was the first batch of applications & through product switch from FCT (product switch from Gold Elite 3 months prior to that) and only entitled 6% on the above 3 categories. One of my family members by invitation to switch from Gold Elite got 6% on everything. Then the new promotion offer kicked in and my other family member got 6% on everything by new application. I think you can confirm with the CSR as long as you have not had that CBVI (unlikely) before.
Someone mentioned in another thread that they buy mastercard (or was is visa) prepaid cards at 7/11 and they show up as groceries.. Or was it gas?

Anyways, I haven't applied for this card yet, but am about to. Any idea if the 6% CB would be applied against these prepaid cards in this situation?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)