Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD First Class Visa Infinite

TD First Class Visa Infinite up to 50,000 points and FYF [offer extended to March 1, 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Ok, I have churned the points on this card and now thinking whether or not to cancel as I already have Aspire Travel Mastercard Neutral Face

Is there any other promo offer available out there when transferring the card or should I just go ahead and cancel it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Not sure if I said it but they gave me 2nd year free automatically, just saw the credit of $120 and then $120 was taken... Not sure why.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
dazz wrote: Not sure if I said it but they gave me 2nd year free automatically, just saw the credit of $120 and then $120 was taken... Not sure why.
if you have an all-inclusive account with them, one of the benefits is that they will waive your annual credit card fee as long as your account is in good standing! This card is eligible for the rebate
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
yugsekwaf wrote: if you have an all-inclusive account with them, one of the benefits is that they will waive your annual credit card fee as long as your account is in good standing! This card is eligible for the rebate
I do not have any other accounts with them, just a line of credit and credit card.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Jun 7, 2006
720 posts
334 upvotes
Ontario
anyone get this deal last sept/oct and are coming up to their 1 year 120$ renewal and going to cancel. wondering what the next best game plan is?
right now im trying to figure out how to redeem the last of my travel points before cancelling then not sure what to replace card with
Oct 29, 2016
316 posts
137 upvotes
jpistone wrote: anyone get this deal last sept/oct and are coming up to their 1 year 120$ renewal and going to cancel. wondering what the next best game plan is?
right now im trying to figure out how to redeem the last of my travel points before cancelling then not sure what to replace card with
This card was my daily driver for many years. Yes, not the best earn rate (1.2%) but I didn't really know any better
In Feb 2018 I finally downgraded the card to basic TD Rewards.
My plan is to split off some of the CL on the card, and then upgrade back to TD FCT for the deal next time it posts.
Nov 29, 2017
217 posts
131 upvotes
It's getting tougher & tougher to get any deal from them these days. At the moment, TD has an offer for this card until Aug 27 but you can only apply online with a NEW application (i.e. no more product switch) and you are not entitled to the FYF & bonus (20K + 20K = $200 if you can redeem from TD Expedia) if you have applied the card in the last 6 months (not sure if just referred to the application date or if you are holding the card in the last 6 months). The FYF is a statement credit after 2-3 months. Just wondering if anyone wants to take this risk plus possibly a credit hit!
Jun 9, 2011
450 posts
440 upvotes
Vancouver
bizee-bee wrote: I'm not seeing the FYF. Is it hidden? Or are my vision receptors bent?
It's under "Legal":

21 The full Annual Fee rebate offer is for the Primary Cardholder, for the first year, for new TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Accounts (“Account”) only. The full Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge. Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continues to apply. Full Annual Fee will be charged to the Account after the first year. Existing TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated. This offer is not transferable.
Nov 29, 2017
217 posts
131 upvotes
agentzero wrote: It's under "Legal":

21 The full Annual Fee rebate offer is for the Primary Cardholder, for the first year, for new TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Accounts (“Account”) only. The full Annual Fee will be reversed within 2 monthly statements from the date of the charge. Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continues to apply. Full Annual Fee will be charged to the Account after the first year. Existing TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated. This offer is not transferable.
Please note that also under "Legal":
1 Must apply by December 3, 2018. Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
kcmcheung wrote: Please note that also under "Legal":
1 Must apply by December 3, 2018. Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional 30,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
So if I opened my account a year ago, and closed it 60 days ago, I can still open a new account and get the 50k points?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
tivo_box wrote: So if I opened my account a year ago, and closed it 60 days ago, I can still open a new account and get the 50k points?
the best answer is ymmv ...

i guess there is only 1 way to find out for sure ...
Nov 29, 2017
217 posts
131 upvotes
tivo_box wrote: So if I opened my account a year ago, and closed it 60 days ago, I can still open a new account and get the 50k points?
I think it depends on what do they mean by "opened"? the date you opened a TDFCT account or the period you have a TDFCT account opened (i.e. within the past 6 months). I recommend you to confirm before apply as you won't know if you are eligible for the annual fee rebate until two months later.
Aug 9, 2015
491 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
agentzero wrote: It's under "Legal":

I tried applying for this from the link first by logging into my TD online banking but kept getting error. So I called TD telephone banking to apply but the CSR said the card is 50k points but not FYF. I said sure it is, it's under legal, section 21. Well, they've changed it. Man do I feel stupid lol.

It's no longer FYF. Currently it reads:
21 Every 200 TD Points redeemed are worth $1 in travel savings off the cost of Travel Purchases made through Expedia For TD. Redemptions can only be made in 200 TD Points increments.
No mentions of annual fee rebate anywhere under legal now. Deal is meh if no FYF now.

Edit: I feel silly now, didn't realize this was in expired deals and deal was in September.
But at what cost