Careers

Locked: TD Insurance Advisor - Ask me anything!

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 8:13 am
[OP]
Banned
May 13, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote

TD Insurance Advisor - Ask me anything!

Hello everyone,

I have been an Insurance Advisor for TD Insurance for 1 year now. I studied accounting at University of Waterloo before dropping out after my 2nd year due to difficulty of the program + rent and other expenses. I finished my Bachelor of Commerce Degree in International Accounting and Finance at Seneca College.

After graduation, I worked in several private accounting offices before working for the CRA as a GST/HST Appeals Officer for 1 year. My contract ended and I didn't get renewed due to politics (I am not very social and I was bullied a lot by my manager).

Currently, I am working for TD Insurance as an Insurance Advisor. I make roughly 40-50k per year. I am also working on my CPA Core 1 at the same time.

Ask me anything about my interview processes, career, insurance, life advice, ANYTHING! =D I am 25 years old.
Share:
8 replies
Apr 16, 2009
155 posts
17 upvotes
I used to have TD insurance, but cancelled after finding cheaper premiums elsewhere. Do you work in a call centre? Are you able to lower a premium if a customer asks?
Feb 4, 2017
150 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
^^ This
Dec 28, 2010
415 posts
135 upvotes
What's your shoe size?
Actions speak louder than words
[OP]
Banned
May 13, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Yes I work at a call centre. Well I can lower a premium by removing coverages or applying discounts obviously but I don't have the power to manually lower them. Certain managers and loyalty people can though.
[OP]
Banned
May 13, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
My shoe size is 11 but my dick size is 11 inches. You need a big dick to working in Accounting or Insurance in my experience. You are constantly **** people
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1775 posts
647 upvotes
Victoria
TDinsuranceking wrote:
May 16th, 2018 1:37 am
Yes I work at a call centre. Well I can lower a premium by removing coverages or applying discounts obviously but I don't have the power to manually lower them. Certain managers and loyalty people can though.
What are the best affiliate discounts and what tweaks do you recommend for getting a low premium for home insurance?
[OP]
Banned
May 13, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Feb 4, 2015
191 posts
79 upvotes
York, ON
My partner has auto insurance with TD-MM. Recently she had a minor infraction. Conviction was for "improper use of signal" - 0 points, $80 fine.

- Does she have to notify TD or will they automatically pull that information from the MTO?
- Some companies won't increase a premium for a minor infraction. Is TD one of those?
- If not, what kind of %age premium increase will this infraction result in?

Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)