• May 31st, 2019 12:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2394 posts
453 upvotes
Winnipeg

TD returns my e series mutual fund conversion form

I sent my son's RESP account conversion form to e series.
TD mailed it back to me saying to contact the branch for conversion
my previous exp with branch regarding e series accounts hasn't been good.
They dont like to do e series accounts.
anyone has similar exp lately?
6 replies
Dec 15, 2005
112 posts
20 upvotes
Oshawa
it might have to do that you're attempting to have RESP invested through e-series funds. there might be restrictions that you are not aware of.
-- Licensed Mutual Fund agent under PFSL Investment Canada Ltd. --
Nov 16, 2013
447 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
POLTROJAN wrote:
May 30th, 2019 6:40 pm
it might have to do that you're attempting to have RESP invested through e-series funds. there might be restrictions that you are not aware of.
I have my son’s RESP in eSeries. No issues
May 25, 2019
29 posts
6 upvotes
You can buy e series with RESP direct investment account instead of a mutual fund account. However, TD warehouse does charge a $25 fee per quarter if the total household investment with TD warehouse is leas than $15,000.

Also, my TD branch didn't even know about e series, i have to show it to them on their website. I just gave up after that and just went through direct investing.
Neighbour Joe
FIRE Blogger
Slowly But Wealthy
Dec 15, 2005
112 posts
20 upvotes
Oshawa
NeighbourJoe wrote:
May 30th, 2019 10:35 pm
You can buy e series with RESP direct investment account instead of a mutual fund account. However, TD warehouse does charge a $25 fee per quarter if the total household investment with TD warehouse is leas than $15,000.

Also, my TD branch didn't even know about e series, i have to show it to them on their website. I just gave up after that and just went through direct investing.
seriously? do they (from local branch) not know their own products?
-- Licensed Mutual Fund agent under PFSL Investment Canada Ltd. --
May 25, 2019
29 posts
6 upvotes
Lol yeah...well the good thing is forums like these, and the Internet has so much knowledge that I can do my due diligence for my own money.
Neighbour Joe
FIRE Blogger
Slowly But Wealthy
Aug 4, 2018
36 posts
9 upvotes
My experience is the opposite. Went to my branch on May 18th. I told the advisor i want to open a mutual fund e series account and showed him the page about the e series mutual fund. I filled up the profile questionnaire and then he link my mutual fund account to my account from my other bank. He told me it will take a week to convert to e series as he has to mail the signed form.

Everything was setup and converted to e series last May 23rd. I setup my PPP in to easyweb May 24th and my first purchase went through last Monday, May 27th.