• May 31st, 2019 12:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2400 posts
459 upvotes
Winnipeg

TD returns my e series mutual fund conversion form

I sent my son's RESP account conversion form to e series.
TD mailed it back to me saying to contact the branch for conversion
my previous exp with branch regarding e series accounts hasn't been good.
They dont like to do e series accounts.
anyone has similar exp lately?
6 replies
Dec 15, 2005
132 posts
24 upvotes
it might have to do that you're attempting to have RESP invested through e-series funds. there might be restrictions that you are not aware of.
Nov 16, 2013
528 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
POLTROJAN wrote: it might have to do that you're attempting to have RESP invested through e-series funds. there might be restrictions that you are not aware of.
I have my son’s RESP in eSeries. No issues
May 25, 2019
29 posts
8 upvotes
You can buy e series with RESP direct investment account instead of a mutual fund account. However, TD warehouse does charge a $25 fee per quarter if the total household investment with TD warehouse is leas than $15,000.

Also, my TD branch didn't even know about e series, i have to show it to them on their website. I just gave up after that and just went through direct investing.
Neighbour Joe
FIRE Blogger
Slowly But Wealthy
Dec 15, 2005
132 posts
24 upvotes
NeighbourJoe wrote: You can buy e series with RESP direct investment account instead of a mutual fund account. However, TD warehouse does charge a $25 fee per quarter if the total household investment with TD warehouse is leas than $15,000.

Also, my TD branch didn't even know about e series, i have to show it to them on their website. I just gave up after that and just went through direct investing.
seriously? do they (from local branch) not know their own products?
May 25, 2019
29 posts
8 upvotes
Lol yeah...well the good thing is forums like these, and the Internet has so much knowledge that I can do my due diligence for my own money.
Neighbour Joe
FIRE Blogger
Slowly But Wealthy
Aug 4, 2018
40 posts
13 upvotes
My experience is the opposite. Went to my branch on May 18th. I told the advisor i want to open a mutual fund e series account and showed him the page about the e series mutual fund. I filled up the profile questionnaire and then he link my mutual fund account to my account from my other bank. He told me it will take a week to convert to e series as he has to mail the signed form.

Everything was setup and converted to e series last May 23rd. I setup my PPP in to easyweb May 24th and my first purchase went through last Monday, May 27th.