Careers

TD Securities - SQL/Access 30 minute test

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2017 10:52 am
9 replies
Jan 5, 2017
7 posts
g3lo wrote: Hi,

I have an interview next week for a position with TD Securities. I will be asked to complete a 30-minute SQL/Access assessment.

Could anyone provide some insight on to what I should prepare for?

Thank you
Haven't interviewed at TD before, so sorry can't provide any information. However, what position is this?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
If it is a non-developer position, at least knows your basic SELECT, JOINS, WHERE clauses, etc.

This is probably more than adequate to cover any basic SQL test: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
Hard to say exactly, there may be some hints in the job description. The interviewers are probably lazy it's why the're giving you a test, a few simple interview questions and one can easily tell how good your sql/Access is.

And it doesn't matter if it's a non developer role, I know some BA's with killer SQL skills.

SELECT, JOINS (left,right,full), UNION, Sub SELECT, GROUB BY, WHERE Clause. It can get more involved after that
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
May 6, 2013
943 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Hard to say exactly, there may be some hints in the job description. The interviewers are probably lazy it's why the're giving you a test, a few simple interview questions and one can easily tell how good your sql/Access is.

And it doesn't matter if it's a non developer role, I know some BA's with killer SQL skills.

SELECT, JOINS (left,right,full), UNION, Sub SELECT, GROUB BY, WHERE Clause. It can get more involved after that
Have interviewed for TD before for a BA role and stated above is a good ballpark. Also they asked for some SAS language as well but that is prob job specific.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
g3lo wrote: Thank you for all of the tips. Could anyone comment on what to expect with access?
Access is a database, so it might includes creating reports, importing data to excel.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
g3lo wrote: Thank you for all of the tips. Could anyone comment on what to expect with access?
Possibly VBA and some basically report creation; but Access is a toy compared to SQL Server.