Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga

TD Visa card switch

I have the All-inclusive TD chequing account with TD First Class travel visa waived. I see the TD Aeroplan Infinite Visa is now part of the waivable credit cards. They are both $120 annual fee. Which one is better, and can I switch from one to another and get the 15,000 welcome points? Or do I need to cancel and apply for the Aeroplan one?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2033 posts
334 upvotes
You could have called them and asked. Some people get offered the welcome points others do not. YMMV IMHO
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1015 posts
1056 upvotes
You do not need to cancel and apply to get the points.

I switched from the Gold Elite to the Visa Infinite back in November 2015 and they gave me the 25 000 aeroplan miles.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I've done this several times. I.e first class to aeroplan and vice versa. Each time I got the welcome bonus (td points / aeroplan points).

Remember to do the switch after 6 months after switching to the new card.
Nov 24, 2015
559 posts
182 upvotes
Latitude57 wrote: You do not need to cancel and apply to get the points.

I switched from the Gold Elite to the Visa Infinite back in November 2015 and they gave me the 25 000 aeroplan miles.
but if u apply through rfd u get 70$ cashback extra
Jul 12, 2008
210 posts
130 upvotes
I switched from TD Aeroplan to TD First Class Travel. I find the points system of the First Class much easier to redeem. Aeroplan had way too many restrictions, blackouts, and unavailable flights. I'm not in a position to be able to book my travel a year in advance. Aeroplan might give you better value (not even sure if it does), but it's no use if I can never use the rewards.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)