• Feb 9th, 2009 4:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 3, 2008
11 posts
Waterloo, ON

Td Visa charge back

I had ordered something online in mid November 2008. When I never received the item and the company stopped taking my calls and replying back to my emails, I filed a chargeback for the transaction with TD Visa after Christmas 2008. The lady I spoke to at visa told me that it takes about 4-6 weeks to process the chargeback but so far I have heard nothing back from them. Does it normally take more than 6 weeks or should I contact them again to make sure that they are actually doing this chargeback?
Share:
7 replies
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
3661 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
-
I don't think so, they do the chargeback right when the new billing cycle comes in, that means 30 days or less. Visa is awesome for chargebacks, and if a company is billing you without your authortization they immediately change your CC number and mail you a new one in 3 days.
Feb 23, 2008
646 posts
26 upvotes
I ordered a piece of glass for my table top back in Nov/Dec from a local glass shop and gave them the CC number on the phone for them to do a deposit if need be. They never did charge the card with the deposit.

Anyway a number of weeks later after they received the order, I went to pick it up and they swiped the card and I went home with the glass.

Noticed online that I was charged twice for it so I contacted TD and they put a purchase adjustment (or something similar) on the card after I indicated that I was double charged which was pretty obvious. I indicated I only authorized the one charge and that was the end of it.

I told TD I tried contacting the local glass company about it and it would be removed and further follow up they said the owner was away for the holidays and my VISA was due just after the holidays so I didn't want to deal with it after holidays and just before bill.

At first the rep said you authorized 2 transactions and I said I authorized the deposit which they never used and the signature after they swiped the card and the 2nd was a double transaction.

Anyway it happened same bill for me after establishing the facts. Done on the same billing cycle
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2005
3243 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I'd give TD Visa another call because this seems to be taking a bit long.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2005
4801 posts
414 upvotes
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
Feb 8th, 2009 4:12 pm
-
I don't think so, they do the chargeback right when the new billing cycle comes in, that means 30 days or less. Visa is awesome for chargebacks, and if a company is billing you without your authortization they immediately change your CC number and mail you a new one in 3 days.
I guess it depends on the bank, cause VISA itself doens't do the chargeback.

When I had to do a chargeback with TD it took about 6 weeks before they automatically credited me back the amount. It was for fraud in my case but since I paid through PayPal my nubmer was not comprimised, so they did not reissue a new number or card to me.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2008
11 posts
Waterloo, ON
In my case it has been way more than 6 weeks. I'll call them today and see what they say about it.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2434 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
Did you sign an affidavit and faxed it back to them saying you never got your item, etc? I'm assuming when you said you filed a chargeback, you sent back all the relevant documents...

edit to add: when my gym kept charging me even though I cancelled my membership, TD visa pretty much reversed the charges within 2 days...
[OP]
Dec 3, 2008
11 posts
Waterloo, ON
litebrite wrote:
Feb 9th, 2009 9:40 am
Did you sign an affidavit and faxed it back to them saying you never got your item, etc? I'm assuming when you said you filed a chargeback, you sent back all the relevant documents...

edit to add: when my gym kept charging me even though I cancelled my membership, TD visa pretty much reversed the charges within 2 days...
I wasn't told about any documents. They had only asked me if I had tried dealing with the company that I bought the items from first. Since I had tried to contact them for almost 2 months without any response, they agreed to reverse the charge for me.

I called TD today and they said that the money should be credited back to my account by the end of the week. Hopefully they'll do it this time so I won't have to call them back.
× < >