Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD VISA

HOT - TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card - ** 9% ** 1st 3 Months for Gas/Groceries/Recurring Payments

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 11:26 am
Jan 30, 2017
747 posts
121 upvotes
So say u 5k in td chequing account and have first class visa and u want to switch to this card like so many ppl do..
u just call them and switch?
Once u switch does it hit ur credit report?
Once u switch u get the bonus?

Thanks
Jan 5, 2010
424 posts
303 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Eaglesfan99 wrote: So say u 5k in td chequing account and have first class visa and u want to switch to this card like so many ppl do..
u just call them and switch?
Once u switch does it hit ur credit report?
Once u switch u get the bonus?

Thanks
When I spoke with TD Credit Cards this morning (where I initially found out about the deal), they said I can switch no problem and get the bonus points. But, I have had my card since August, so 8 months or so. I said that if I switch, it is because I want the bonus points, and then I will switch back (in another 6-7 months) to get the bonus points again! They said that for now, if you have the time to call in and do it, the bank allows it. Also, because I have a "infinite" card already, switching cards doesn't hit my credit report. If it was a new application, it may (likely) hit your credit report, unless you are pre-approved. Seems like a sweet deal to me, getting 3 awesome promotions in under 2 yrs and not paying a $0.01 because I have an all-inclusive acct! :-)
Nov 13, 2017
100 posts
241 upvotes
Also,

another perk to note that if you switch to the all inclusive bank account ($0/month if you have a $5000 balance, $30 if not) is that you get a security box free.
We had a larger box at TD already, they just credited us around $65 towards our security box yearly fee.
I had to use their auto club membership this past winter, and their service was good.

So keeping a $5000 balance on gives you 0 monthly charge for all inclusive bank account + auto club + security box + credit card with 1% cashback, 3% on groceries and fuel.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
pielike wrote: Has anyone already with TD tried to get this promotion by switching an existing card (e.g. first class travel)?
Yea I just switched from TD Aeroplan (last year's promo) to this last week. Agent on the phone said I would get the welcome bonus.
Nov 25, 2009
795 posts
461 upvotes
Vancouver
DiscountRaja wrote: sports1 & frozenmelon: I can understand why this would not be a hot deal to you. But if you use TD and have their $5000 min All-Inclusive bank acct (to not pay the $30 monthly fee), you get this card for free. Further, spending $3500 on gas, groceries and recurring bill payments is not difficult to do in 3 months. Most families spend upward of $600 on groceries alone, plus add the other two qualifying purchases and you can easily exceed $1200/month. The other bonus is free TD Deluxe Auto Club. But, anyways, you can always try to negotiate to get FYF, as the TD agents receive a commission for signing up someone on these cards. 9% is a crazy return on "essential purchases" and is the highest I have ever seen. After 3 or 6 months, or whatever amount of time, you can switch or cancel the card if you wish.
Hey I'm curious - if you meet that minimum $$ requirement, do you have to still meet the minimum income requirement? I'm curious as some of my friends with visa infinite/WE cards don't meet that requirement.
Jan 5, 2010
424 posts
303 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
lawonga wrote: Hey I'm curious - if you meet that minimum $$ requirement, do you have to still meet the minimum income requirement? I'm curious as some of my friends with visa infinite/WE cards don't meet that requirement.
I'm not sure about that. But... just between you and me, I do know people who have not been 100% accurate in their income reporting when applying! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1145 posts
544 upvotes
I don't think I can do gas, grocery and recurring payment at 1500/month.

I will sign up if it's 9% cash back for everything. The $120 FYF kills it.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1719 posts
1082 upvotes
Hamilton
FYI: Travel Medical Insurance - Up to $2 million of coverage for the first 10 days is less than most other premium cards offer :(
9% cash back does not include restaurants, pharmacies, etc :(
Feb 13, 2014
211 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
jaydub111 wrote: Is this card considered better than the Aeroplan?
It really depends on how you use the card and what you want to get out of it. I use my td aeroplan card for everything because I use the points for travel which provides a much better return (for me) than any cashback card could. Between purchases and travel for work, I get over 100k aeroplan points per year. That means thay every two years or so, I get two business class tickets to somewhere interesting. Three years ago, it was Istanbul, this year, it is Tokyo. Over the last 5 years, the card (combined with my work travel) has returned over 20k in flights for about $200k in total spending.

But, if you don't use the aeroplan card the way that I do and don't have the business travel that I do, it wouldn't work out as well.

I am lookng at other cards because aeroplan is likely to be devalued within the next two years and I am looking for alternatives.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
The Amex Simply Cash Preferred may be a better card:

$300 cash back (5% cash back on Everything up to $6,000 for first 6 months).
$50 GCR Rebate
($99) Annual Fee
$250 Profit

Potential for another $200 if you refer to your spouse or significant other for $450 profit.

Non-referral link:
https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/c ... preferred/

But apply through GCR for $50 rebate.
Aug 9, 2012
38 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, British C…
I don’t think I can spend $3500 in 3 months for just Gas, Groceries and “recurring bill payments”...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
can we still get the 6% all purchases for 3 months with first year annual fee waived? We are about to do some renovations and we can easily blow away $3500 purchases on materials, not gas nor groceries so this deal would be worse
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Previous deal was better though, 3500 is easily spent on recurring bills like insurance and utility bills
Jul 12, 2012
13 posts
8 upvotes
Halifax
EDM2K17 wrote: Does the cashback get paid monthly?
Cashback is added to your account after it is posted in your statement and you can use the cashback towards your credit card bill anytime you want.
Jan 5, 2010
424 posts
303 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
EDM2K17 wrote: Does the cashback get paid monthly?
The cashback accumulates monthly. You can use it anytime. For example, when I login to TD to pay my credit card, it tells me the exact about of Cash Back I have available to spend in large bold text. I can use this Cash Back to (partially) pay off the card or just use funds from another acct. Personally, I have been accumulating this Cash Back to save it for a vacation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Is there a minimum income for this card and how is that taken into account? Pay stub or based on last year's income via tax return?
Dec 10, 2009
342 posts
568 upvotes
Buy gift cards at your grocery store. Most grocery stores offer gift cards for all major retail stores (which you will likely spend at)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
dankup wrote: Is there a minimum income for this card and how is that taken into account? Pay stub or based on last year's income via tax return?
I've never had any credit card actually verify... it's always whatever I told them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)