• Feb 14th, 2019 11:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 28, 2008
12 posts
LO

TDot Performance Legit?

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing auto accessories from TDot Performance http://www.tdotperformance.com i noticed there adverting on kijii quite a bit, and i ordered a couple things for them and they invoiced me via email for paypal payment

anyone have any experience with them or any way of checking that their legit?

their contact info on their site is listed
860 Steeprock Dr
Toronto, ON. M3J 2X2
1-888-525-TDOT (8368)
52 replies
Jun 23, 2006
4 posts
VX8600 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2010 9:47 pm
Does anyone have any experience with purchasing auto accessories from TDot Performance http://www.tdotperformance.com i noticed there adverting on kijii quite a bit, and i ordered a couple things for them and they invoiced me via email for paypal payment

anyone have any experience with them or any way of checking that their legit?

their contact info on their site is listed
860 Steeprock Dr
Toronto, ON. M3J 2X2
1-888-525-TDOT (8368)

yea i checked them out aswell.. purchased HID kit through their website. came within 2 days.
Apr 23, 2010
6 posts
Quebec
Finally a Canadian company that ships from Canada!..i bought from these guys a sprint booster, got it in 1 day. Works Awesome! 100% legit...
Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
So order Huskey Liners for my new car. Price seemed to be reasonable and they offered quick shipping which was free.

Waited 2 days to get shipping verification, once it was received I figured my order was on its way.

Day 1 package still shows as shipment created.

Day 2 package still shows as shipment created & they said I would receive it this day or the next

Day 3 package still shows as shipment created but not picked up by Purolator. The company said I should receive this day!

Shipping was only suppose to be 2 to 3 business days. It's what I was told by phone and email.

Day 3 at 10:00 am they said they would look into it. 4:30 pm I receive a call stating they didn't know where the package was.

Day 4 call again to be told they are looking into things again. By 3:00 pm on day 4 they said they concluded the package is missing & they will just ship another which would take another 2 to 3 business days.

I just bought my new car and ordered the mats so they would arrive before I took possession of the vehicle.

Now the carpets on my new Ford Focus Titanium are getting ruined by the Canadian winter.

The only thing they could do to help was give me $10.00 off my next order.

They asked me to think if I wanted a refund or to have another sent. I opted to get a refund and ended up finding the same liners $25 cheaper from partsengine

I am so upset with TDot Performance.

I have 2 Muatang's and a new Ford Focus and planned on buying many aorta from them. NOT ANYMORE!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10781 posts
3773 upvotes
Toronto
ConstanceS983 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2014 9:22 pm
So order Huskey Liners for my new car. Price seemed to be reasonable and they offered quick shipping which was free.

Waited 2 days to get shipping verification, once it was received I figured my order was on its way.

Day 1 package still shows as shipment created.

Day 2 package still shows as shipment created & they said I would receive it this day or the next

Day 3 package still shows as shipment created but not picked up by Purolator. The company said I should receive this day!

Shipping was only suppose to be 2 to 3 business days. It's what I was told by phone and email.

Day 3 at 10:00 am they said they would look into it. 4:30 pm I receive a call stating they didn't know where the package was.

Day 4 call again to be told they are looking into things again. By 3:00 pm on day 4 they said they concluded the package is missing & they will just ship another which would take another 2 to 3 business days.

I just bought my new car and ordered the mats so they would arrive before I took possession of the vehicle.

Now the carpets on my new Ford Focus Titanium are getting ruined by the Canadian winter.

The only thing they could do to help was give me $10.00 off my next order.

They asked me to think if I wanted a refund or to have another sent. I opted to get a refund and ended up finding the same liners $25 cheaper from partsengine

I am so upset with TDot Performance.

I have 2 Muatang's and a new Ford Focus and planned on buying many aorta from them. NOT ANYMORE!
drama queen?

You seriously joined RFD just to post that?

Sounds like they did everything possible to fix the problem
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2209 posts
489 upvotes
MS MSP wrote:
Feb 5th, 2014 11:14 pm
drama queen?

Lol. At least he used the search function?

:)
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10781 posts
3773 upvotes
Toronto
jrees wrote:
Feb 6th, 2014 12:00 am
Lol. At least he used the search function?

:)
that is true....+1
Sep 9, 2008
382 posts
16 upvotes
Anyone can update their experience with tdot performance? I want to buy some parts soon and so far they have the best prices as a 'Canadian' vendor. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11265 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
The website is now tdotperformance.ca (their .com is gone) in case you're searching. Why they wouldn't redirect to the new one, who knows.

ap2s2k wrote:
Apr 9th, 2014 2:40 pm
Anyone can update their experience with tdot performance? I want to buy some parts soon and so far they have the best prices as a 'Canadian' vendor. Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
So I wanted to get a BBK clutch cable and I opted to yet again order from TDot Performance.

3 days after ordering I got an email to say because it was a special order it would take 10-15 days to get. That was fine!

Day 10 was advised over the phone BBK shipped that day and that their warehouse would get 2 days later.

Day 15 called & was told that BBK actually shipped that day and their warehouse would receive after the weekend.

Called the following Monday to be advised BBK doesn't have it in stock.

WTF is all I can think.

The reps on the phone blamed BBK, I called BBK and found out they in fact have the clutch cable in stock and I could order directly from them.

So I had TDot refund my order because I wasn't going to wait any longer.

I gave TDot the benefit of a doubt for the second time.

In Jan when I purchased my 2012 Ford Focus I ordered husky liners and TDot lost my order. Yep lost my order, even after I was advised it was shipped... TDot lost the order in the warehouse.

It is great if people have a good experience but I ak 0 for 2.

They lost my first purchase and lied to me continuously about my second order.
Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
Call me a drama queen but this forum is so people can be aware of the truth.

I can't trust TDot as the middle men after fudging up twice.

My first order they lost and postponed too long. It was easier to get a refund and purchase my item elsewhere with NO issues. Partsengine was fantastic and delivered efficiently.

Sometimes you give a company the benefit of a doubt and try again. HUGE mistake!

It's easier to buy directly from a manufacturer and pay border fees then to have to deal with stress of a package being lost, lies or just never being deliver within the timeframe your advised

This is the 100% honest truth...

If you have a good experience then that's great, if not you can't say I didn't tell you so!
Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
MS MSP wrote:
Feb 5th, 2014 11:14 pm
drama queen?

At least I am being honest.

I have never ordered anything and had the seller lose the package in their own warehouse. To be honest it's probably a lie.

I tried to give them the benefit of a doubt and order again. I got fudged over!

Waited 15 days to be told during that time my order was mailed by BBK twice to finally being told BBK was out of stock. Which proved to be a lie!

So who is the drama queen now?
Oct 8, 2014
1 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hey
I just ordered 2 Skyjacker suspension items from them for the first time and found these comments posted regarding past experiences.....hoping I am dealing with a decent company. Prices were good but nothing I ordered is in stock. All special order up to 15 days. No problem. I was called after the order and told they are not returnable as "special order". The call was the next day and the staff professional. I did find it odd to be called and suggested some real time inventory info as they were not listed as "special order". I told the dude if they were not what I ordered they will be going back regardless of their "policy" as they were not listed as special order when I clicked "pay". I will keep a open mind and see what happens. Tired of the surprise $48.00 brokers fees on recent items shipped from US unless it ships USPS.
Jan 8, 2015
1 posts
Vancouver, BC
If you live outside a major city, buyer beware on shipping from this company. Over two weeks and still no parts. Emails/phone calls to them but its not their fault it was Purolators (sound familiar). I had to phone the shipping company and fix the mistake myself. When I asked what they were going to do to make it right, they kept insisting it wasn't their mistake, but were sorry for the inconvience. Be especially aware of "free shipping" if you're not in a major city it is not free, there will be extra charges. I buy many things online and I prefer to buy from Canada if at all possible. But when it takes longer and costs more than it would if I had purchased from the southern USA. A Canadian Company should use Canada Post and then any Canadian will get the damn parcel where it was intended.