TDot Performance Legit?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 1:48 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2014
8 posts
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't see too many reviews about these guys online but I decided to take the plunge anyway. No complaints about the service and will probably order again in the future. Prices are really good compared to most places I checked out. Hopefully this helps out anyone who is on the fence about ordering from this place.

To the poster above: Purolator is a division of Canada Post. :P
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2139 posts
580 upvotes
I purchased bed caps for my truck from this site...

I found a price somewhere else cheaper and they gave me a coupon code to match the price and I got free shipping.

It was actually a really good experience with them and the shipping was quick...

My order date was 06/28/14
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2008 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered EBC rotors from them, but sent wrong ones and mismtached colors too ! How does that happen ?

Im returning for full refund.

Mar 16, 2015
25 posts
6 upvotes
Orillia
I've ordered my $300 intake from them. Had no problems. It's great the free shipping. Some parts are bit on pricey side but intakes were fair price. I would order from them again. My cousin has ordered parts as well and never had a problem. I'm north of Barrie and he is bit west of Barrie
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2067 posts
387 upvotes
Robb wrote:
May 26th, 2015 9:35 pm
I ordered EBC rotors from them, but sent wrong ones and mismtached colors too ! How does that happen ?

Im returning for full refund.
are they dumb?... how can they send mismatched colors?
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Aug 30, 2010
41 posts
3 upvotes
Scaborough
Ordered a hitch receiver which came literally wrapped in packaging tape. Mounting plates and bolts were were missing, powder coat was stripped and instruction manual was crumpled up. It looked almost used. Sent a detailed description and asking for answers to which their response was "Due to the large amount of orders the vendor doesn't really care about them and there is nothing we can do about it" They agreed to issue a return but there goes my weekend.

Spend your money elsewhere. Terrible company.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/sqZCzxO.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7058 posts
3192 upvotes
ON
soban wrote:
Sep 10th, 2015 5:41 pm
Ordered a hitch receiver which came literally wrapped in packaging tape. Mounting plates and bolts were were missing, powder coat was stripped and instruction manual was crumpled up. It looked almost used. Sent a detailed description and asking for answers to which their response was "Due to the large amount of orders the vendor doesn't really care about them and there is nothing we can do about it" They agreed to issue a return but there goes my weekend.

Spend your money elsewhere. Terrible company.

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/sqZCzxO.jpg
You got a free knife and a carpet and you're complaining ? Tsk..tsk..tsk
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
1285 posts
165 upvotes
I have used them 3 times in the past for pads and rotors, and had no problems.

On black friday, they had an hour sale for 10% off, and I ordered rotors. I noticed that the price of those rotors were cheaper by about $8 upto the day before the black friday, and suddenly during the hour sale the price went up.

Nevertheless, I placed the order, got an e-mail from them that it was a special order and will take about 2 weeks to arrive. I agreed to this. The rotors never came and 19 days later I called them, to check up on the status. I was advised that the rotors are out of stock at the manufacturer.

I would have appreciated if they had let me known about the out of stock sooner instead of telling me 19 days late and upon my call. I was given a full refund for this, but I guess it's a hit or a miss with them if you actually want the product.
Aug 12, 2015
72 posts
26 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just an FYI to everyone. Before purchasing any part from TDot performance, check compatibility with the Manufacturer themselves!

I was about to order a Borla ATAK system and checked the fitment for my car on Borla's site and it was not compatible. TDot performance said it was.

Otherwise they seem reputable.
Feb 1, 2016
1 posts
Toronto, ON
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!
I've never seen any customer service as bad as them.

I bought mats from them early December, requested for a refund the day after I received it. Finally got instructions on how to refund on January 4th, shipped item back to them on January 6th via Canada Post Express
TILL THIS DAY I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND.
Talked to their customer service, got a reply from someone called JAY saying:

Please read step 5 again.
5) Ship with a tracking number and insurance. Be sure to provide us with the tracking number at support@tdotperformance.ca or your refund WILL BE DELAYED.
Did you provide us with the tracking?

Wow. I really have not seen customer service with this attitude before. They did not confirm if or when they will be giving me a refund.
It's so much hassle to go through with them if there is anything wrong with your order.

Now I have no mats, and no money back. This company is seriously a scam.
Dec 28, 2015
2 posts
Duncan, BC
Had an unpleasant experience with tdot as well. Was really happy to find a Canadian company to support so decided to order a lift kit for my Tacoma. Got all the usual confirmation emails, waited 2 weeks, (a week past the expected delivery date) then decided to call to see where it was. Was told there was some mix up in shipping and should have it in a week. Waited another 2 weeks, called and was now told none in the warehouse, might be a special order, call back tomorrow.... Called a couple days later to be told it was a special order, shipping from manufacturer unknown, could be another month to 2 months or more....and did I want to wait or get a refund? I got a refund. I called the manufacturer directly , Readylift in California, and was told they had a stack of them on the shelf and really didn't know what tdot was talking about. I'm ordering direct from Readylift.
Jun 15, 2011
39206 posts
5764 upvotes
King City
I placed an order for two parts yesterday, and the person whom I spoke to seems nice. They even price matched with a local Subaru specialty store.

Let's see down the road, when I get my parts, etc. PS I do live in the GTA, and hopefully there's no hiccup.

Edit: Got a call from them. One of the products - Mishimoto is a special order, and they have to get it from Mishimoto itself. This I understand, as it applies to other places as well, that sell Mishimoto. 10 to 15 business days. They said they'll call me on Tuesday with an update. As for the other part - a Moroso AOS, they said its in stock, and 2 to 3 business days it'll be shipped.

Let's see how it goes on from there.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jun 15, 2011
39206 posts
5764 upvotes
King City
Bump - got my first product from them on time, and everything was in tact. Product was not damaged, and I am very happy with the overall turnaround and customer service.

I am waiting for my other order, but that is coming from the US as a special order.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)