Shopping Discussion

TDot Performance Legit?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 1:48 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2016
1 posts
I have read the mixed reviews and decided to give it a try. Order ebc breaks and pads. The guy seemed nice and price was good . Called me to confirm if i was ok with the wait since they didnt have it in stock (15 business days to arrive at to them than after inspection allow a couple more days to u). After 3 weeks, called back and they told me the manufacturer was about to ship it to them from las vegas. 1 week later i get an email confirming inspection but have to wait 24-48 hours before i get a tracking ( stupid cie who cant seem able to inspect and ship same day). 1 week later.. No tracking, no reply after an email was sent and when i called.. The guy just said.. Ill check right away... I hear a 'hummmmm hummmm' then he just hung up!! No call back. Decided to call back.. Answered and put me directly on hold. Had to cancelled with my credit card cie. Wasted my time filing a report and definetly not worth the save!! I would say they seemed like a legit cie and seem to be a couple of guys working there. Just they dont know how to run a business!! Good luck!
Sep 3, 2017
1 posts
Yeah, they do drop shipping (i assume) and they're not great at it. Their prices are "okay", but they have free shipping. I can ALWAYS find cheaper prices at other stores, but rarely stores that have free shipping.
Jan 18, 2018
1 posts
Just googled tdot performance to find some coupons and started reading this.
Not sure about other peoples review but I ordered husky liner for a corolla and got it in 3 days.
Ordered a weather tech for a kia forte got it in 2 days
Ordered a Thule child carrier got it in 3 days
and a bunch of other stuff in the past year and everything was good.
Will definitely order from them again
Hope this helps you guys
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2445 posts
1720 upvotes
Seems very fishy with the majority of responders having 1 post.
Smash that like button!
Dec 27, 2006
136 posts
11 upvotes
6mthatch wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 1:03 pm

Got an exhaust system through them, they said it would take a few weeks to get delivered, it ended up coming a couple weeks earlier than estimate.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2558 posts
472 upvotes
Im currently driving on a Magnaflow Catalytic converter from them

Fast shipping arrived in only 2 days.

Volvos for my year all wanted 300+ for a random cat, this one is a 16" long car which is not as big as the 22" long oem cat, but it does work and id deal with these guys again for exhaust parts for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2445 posts
1720 upvotes
Next time order from Hottexhaust (yes 2 ts). If you call in you can often get a better price. Thank me with an upvote ;)
Smash that like button!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11525 posts
5613 upvotes
Southern Ontario
6mthatch wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 1:03 pm
I'm a legit user here. Ordered parts in Dec'17, did not come until last week over a month later when the site said "In Stock". Customer service is slow, always replied at least a day or two. One reply said they would get back to me "next week" with ETA and they never did, I had to contact them again.

I'm not ordering from them again.
Jul 2, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Save yourself a headache and order from another company. Customer service was terrible. Received damaged part not once, not twice but three times. I eventually gave up and ordered parts to repair my damaged item from another retailer.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11525 posts
5613 upvotes
Southern Ontario
MtX wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 1:05 pm
So avoid this place?? I see something I like but can't stomach these reviews!!!
Your call, they’re just a drop shipper, delays are not under their control. Also every time I check, I usually find parts for less elsewhere. The time above I didn’t and learned.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8050 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
StopTech 925.42001 - Select Sport Axle Pack Brake Kit - Front And Rear
Part ##925.42001
CAD$401.53

I can't find it cheaper, let alone places which have stock!!!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11525 posts
5613 upvotes
Southern Ontario
They don’t have physical stock, they’re getting it from somewhere, will be the best price but your actual ship/receive date is anyone’s guess. Go for it if you can afford to wait.
Sep 20, 2013
32 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Just ordered some brake pads from them this week for a project. They will be ordering straight from Hawk so 10-15 days. Will report back on my findings. Overall they communicated my order confirmation and confirmed the make/model I needed them for which was good.

I order a lot of car parts and have been testing a few lately. The site definitely rubs me the wrong way but the price was on point. We'll see.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8633 posts
2898 upvotes
Toronto
MtX wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 6:36 pm
StopTech 925.42001 - Select Sport Axle Pack Brake Kit - Front And Rear
Part ##925.42001
CAD$401.53

I can't find it cheaper, let alone places which have stock!!!!!
Clearly you didnt search the site i mentioned in your other post

http://www.garage16.ca/stoptech/stoptec ... 02079.aspx
$377
Koodo $40/8GB