• Aug 13th, 2019 7:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9928 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread... what’s with all the old thread revivals lately.

Either way I use garage16 myself. Bought a ktuner v2 from them directly in Mississauga. Sold it recently and wish I didn’t.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9019 posts
3598 upvotes
6ix
MtX wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 10:55 pm
Huge loss for me...... $377 for STOP TECH and yet I just paid $415 for inferior Centric Brakes @ RockAuto..... cost me $100 just to ship.
Ouch your loss.
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8162 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 12:53 am
Ouch your loss.
The $400 included shipping but I kinda knew it was a loss already, when TDot-Performance was selling the Stop Tech for $400 w/ Free Shipping. I just couldn't afford to wait 2-4 weeks for a "Special Order" when my car needs the parts ASAP (aka 3-5 days). How is Garage16's shipping times usually? Reliable? I'll have to bookmark them and keep them in mind for future...
Sep 20, 2013
32 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Got my pads within a respectable time from Tdot (around a week) even though they drop shipped from Hawk. They communicated they had received them and then shipped to me within a day. Again this all depends on the manufacturer shipping as well and their turnaround time. Probably won't go with them again due to none of their products show them physically being "In Stock" (A clear sign they don't have a warehouse at all or any sort of stock which has been previously mentioned).
Jan 14, 2007
501 posts
142 upvotes
GTA North
Taking a chance as I don't need the parts, lets see what happens as TDot had best price (partsengine showed 10% off Husky liners ended Feb 4th while TDot showed extended to Feb 12th)

Ordered:
Husky liners Mud Guards front and rear for fitment with OEM flares Feb 9 at 10pm - Had email Feb 10 10am for fitment check to confirm product was not for a Raptor prior to order submission to which I confirmed and another email followed noting my order would be processed.
Felt like things were going well so did a 2nd order
Husky liners fender liners Feb 10 at 10am - Had email Feb 11 11am for fitment check to confirm product was not for a Raptor prior to order submission to which I confirmed and another email followed noting my order was placed and tracking details would be sent once available.

Of note: Edit - invoices not sequential, 14 apart
Not sure if the orders will be combined or sent separately if drop shipping from Husky Liners
Jan 14, 2007
501 posts
142 upvotes
GTA North
IMHIP2 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:56 pm
Taking a chance as I don't need the parts, lets see what happens as TDot had best price (partsengine showed 10% off Husky liners ended Feb 4th while TDot showed extended to Feb 12th)

Ordered:
Husky liners Mud Guards front and rear for fitment with OEM flares Feb 9 at 10pm - Had email Feb 10 10am for fitment check to confirm product was not for a Raptor prior to order submission to which I confirmed and another email followed noting my order would be processed.
Felt like things were going well so did a 2nd order
Husky liners fender liners Feb 10 at 10am - Had email Feb 11 11am for fitment check to confirm product was not for a Raptor prior to order submission to which I confirmed and another email followed noting my order was placed and tracking details would be sent once available.

Of note: Edit - invoices not sequential, 14 apart
Not sure if the orders will be combined or sent separately if drop shipping from Husky Liners
Tdot worked out well for me. Both items exactly as ordered and delivered to my door.
Feb 10 order arrived Feb 13 before noon
Feb 9 order arrived Feb 14 before noon
I would consider them for other purchases based on my experience and that of others on the F150 Forum
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11840 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I will always order from Amazon or PartsEngine before TDOT. Their lack of customer service for making me wait for something "in stock" still turns me off. They could have told me there was delay in ETA and let me cancel but no, they held my purchase hostage, parts that I needed. I had to contact them several times to figure out what was going on.
Apr 14, 2019
1 posts
Or were they delaying because they didn’t have in Stock!
May 7, 2019
1 posts
Give them a skip. So many bad reviews, I wish I had checked before giving them my money.
Ordered some mufflers, warned me about a delay, and took 2 weeks to ship them. In the mean while I tried to call several times to discuss how long really I'd wait as I had a deadline, finally I emailed asking to cancel the order and used their online "reply"
No response. A couple days later they finally said my order was shipping, to which I replied I'd be returning the order and wasn't happy with their lack of communication and service level (the level being epic failure to even try). They threatened to charge me a restocking fee and shipping (wow finally a response from them). Absolutely a garbage company to deal with. AVOID TDOT Performance. I could (should) have bought the same thing from Amazon and not had near the issue.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24730 posts
5015 upvotes
Well I'm going to give these guys a thumbs up but first of all you have to understand that when I order stuff online, even from Amazon, I'm rarely in any kind of rush to get it. It's nice that Amazon stuff shows up in a day or two but not really necessary most of the time.

That said, I ordered a set of KW coilovers from them recently for a few reasons:
-Cheapest price I could find online, US sites included!
NB: Last year I did try to go to some "tuner shops" and more local places to get get prices but most of them just blew me off/took my info, never called me back, because I guess buying "only" a $2k "lowly" set of V1s wasn't worth their bother :rolleyes: Total. Waste. Of time.

-They had a 10% off sale for Victoria Day weekend (which is when I bought them) making them cheaper than they already were. Savings were almost enough for to cover the tax. All-in spent $1770 for the set of V1s. There is also a $100 rebate from KW which hopefully they honour with the invoice from Tdotperformance but we'll see. Even w/o the MIR, it was hundreds cheaper than buying in the US with the rebate, considering having to pay duty/tax on top...so yeah.

Got an email from them a day after the holiday saying my order was "special order" and could take upto "40 days" to procure. Great...should have used the Pay After Delivery on PayPal (but not sure if it was available). But I figured it's $170 savings so might as well click confirm and see how it goes. Again I'm in no rush.

Well that was back on the 21st or whatever, and guess what got a shipping confirmation a few days ago and they appeared at my doorstep yesterday afternoon :) Still in time for me to claim the rebate (KW rebate goes until purchased made till the 31st, requires you to send the barcode from the box, and requires it sent within 30 days of purchase).

Overall something they told me would take up to 40 days to process, took a total of 9 business days (and less than 2wks total), to get to my door. I'm good with it! :D All that said it seems like there are still people who have issues, not trying to discount that. While I'm glad mine worked out and it came relatively quickly, it seems like if you're not prepared to wait (like I was), you should probably shop elsewhere.

Now my orders from ECS on the other hand...we'll see how those go lol. Made three of those in their Memorial Day sale (I still struggle to understand why there are sales for that day but hey it's 10-15% in my pocket, right? lol). I think two have shipped already, the other I don't even want to see until month-end anyway. Again...no rush.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11840 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
It gets better... I have black ET lug nuts showing rust spots within a year of install, I sent pics. TDOT said they would contact the manufacturer. They strung me along for about 3 weeks saying they were waiting for a response. Then they said my order date (not the delayed date they were delivered) was the start of the 1 year warranty, so in a nice way I'm SOL. Imagine if it was something a lot more expensive, I'd be pissed.

There's a lot of companies I support and recommend, sorry not TDOT.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24730 posts
5015 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:10 am
Well that was back on the 21st or whatever, and guess what got a shipping confirmation a few days ago and they appeared at my doorstep yesterday afternoon :) Still in time for me to claim the rebate (KW rebate goes until purchased made till the 31st, requires you to send the barcode from the box, and requires it sent within 30 days of purchase).
Just as an update, rebate came through :) Sent at the beginning of June sometime (still within my 30 days) and got the rebate cheque today--that's pretty darn fast rebate processing. This is on the part of KW mind you, not Tdotperformance but looks like they did recognise them as a legit dealer and everything. I suspect Tdot is somehow tied to Essex who sells things at seemingly identical prices as Tdot, and they are authorised (explicitly stated) for various suspension brands.
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:10 am
Now my orders from ECS on the other hand...we'll see how those go lol. Made three of those in their Memorial Day sale (I still struggle to understand why there are sales for that day but hey it's 10-15% in my pocket, right? lol). I think two have shipped already, the other I don't even want to see until month-end anyway. Again...no rush.
OT but all my orders from ECS worked out great too. Small issue with one order and they corrected it within a couple business days.