• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 3:18 pm
Apr 22, 2013
25 posts
8 upvotes
MrWinandSucceed wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 12:56 am
Hey everyone.

January is the best time to be applying for the TDSB's OT List!

I am a recent grad and I've been successful in several applications and interviews for this board. I currently hold multiple teaching positions. If you are having trouble writing your cover letter or resume, or simply seek help with interviewing effectively. I want to offer you my coaching services, if this interests you shoot me a PM!
Are you currently employed as an Occasional Teacher with TDSB?
Apr 22, 2013
25 posts
8 upvotes
MrWinandSucceed wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 11:01 am
I am eligible for permanent in the TDSB and I have 3 Con Ed positions that work around my day school job atm.
I've done continuing ed positions as well but only Teacher's on the LTO list are eligible for permanent teaching positions. Here is specific info from the TDSB employee info site regarding permanent positions:

"Submission for Teachers on the LTO List to confirm eligibility for Permanent Teaching Positions

In order to apply to permanent positions released for new contract hiring, a teacher must meet the following criteria:

· Be on the LTO list, and

· Have completed a long term assignment in the TDSB that was at least four (4) months during which the teacher has not received an unsatisfactory evaluation. "

Is your day school job an LTO? If it is then I'm interested in getting some feedback on preparing for the LTO list interviews.
Dec 23, 2015
12 posts
Toronto, ON
Hey Toronto teachers, what is the job situation like in TDSB? I haven't checked in with this thread in over a year, but from reading the last few pages things still seem bad?

I currently teach full time contract in YRDSB but am contemplating a move to TO for various reasons. Do you think 5 years experience as a contract teacher with another Ontario board would make a difference, even with getting OT work?
May 24, 2012
28 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
attacksquid wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 9:37 pm
Hey Toronto teachers, what is the job situation like in TDSB? I haven't checked in with this thread in over a year, but from reading the last few pages things still seem bad?

I currently teach full time contract in YRDSB but am contemplating a move to TO for various reasons. Do you think 5 years experience as a contract teacher with another Ontario board would make a difference, even with getting OT work?
Well, with the new contract, you are instantly granted an interview for the LTO list in another board in ontario if you are currently a permanent hire in an ontario board!
Oct 11, 2015
3 posts
Unionville, ON
Hi All,

This is an excellent forum and I've been reading through it a bit. I have also googled answers but haven't found the information I need.

I was wondering where I would find information on pay scales/grids. I would like to ensure that I have AQs and ABQs to top off my pay, and then just wait for seniority/time. Please let me know if you need any additional information to supplement what I've given to ensure a proper response.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to your response!
Oct 11, 2015
3 posts
Unionville, ON
GoodTimesRoll wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 10:43 am
Hi All,

This is an excellent forum and I've been reading through it a bit. I have also googled answers but haven't found the information I need.

I was wondering where I would find information on pay scales/grids. I would like to ensure that I have AQs and ABQs to top off my pay, and then just wait for seniority/time. Please let me know if you need any additional information to supplement what I've given to ensure a proper response.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to your response!
http://qeco.on.ca/?page_id=276

This may be what I'm looking for. It seems like there may be a lot of backtracking to ensure that I am on the right track! I currently have a 3 year degree, 1 year postgraduate, 1 AQ and 2 ABQs. I'll have to see what would be the best next step for me.
Feb 13, 2017
2 posts
Can anyone confirm how often TDSB does interviews to get on the Secondary/Elementary Hiring Pool? From what I understand, application starts in January (although you can apply throughout the year), but do they only do interviews 1x a year? And if you miss that round, do you have to wait until the following year?
Feb 22, 2017
2 posts
Hello, just got my French proficiency assessment booked with the YRDSB. Has anyone done it recently? What is the difficulty level?
May 24, 2012
28 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
GoodTimesRoll wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 10:46 am
http://qeco.on.ca/?page_id=276

This may be what I'm looking for. It seems like there may be a lot of backtracking to ensure that I am on the right track! I currently have a 3 year degree, 1 year postgraduate, 1 AQ and 2 ABQs. I'll have to see what would be the best next step for me.
Exactly, that is what you are looking for!
Feb 27, 2017
5 posts
Congrats on the Assessement! I took the assessment in the summer of 2016. It was pretty straight forward. I did mine over the phone. She tried to make it more like a casual conversation. I believe that she asked me about my weekend. She then asked me about my hobbies. I told her that I liked to read. She then asked me to talk about my favourite book. I wish you all the best!
Feb 22, 2017
2 posts
abdullah1 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 8:38 pm
Congrats on the Assessement! I took the assessment in the summer of 2016. It was pretty straight forward. I did mine over the phone. She tried to make it more like a casual conversation. I believe that she asked me about my weekend. She then asked me about my hobbies. I told her that I liked to read. She then asked me to talk about my favourite book. I wish you all the best!
Thank you abdullah1, do you remember what did the written part entail?
Feb 27, 2017
5 posts
88olg88 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 4:49 pm
Thank you abdullah1, do you remember what did the written part entail?
You're welcome! For the YRDSB written assessment, I don't quite remember the questions, because it was a while ago. For me, it was easy, as my written French is much stronger than my spoken French. So I didn't pay much attention to that part. I did the written assessment in person. She read some phrases out loud and we had to write them. It can be a little tricky, but she was willing to repeat the sentences.

In the second part, I believe we were given a total of three questions, two in French and one in English. I think it was about how would I incorporate technology in the classroom, how would I keep parents informed about the classroom, and possibly one about how I would promote equity and diversity in the classroom. We had to write about a one page answer to each question. Hope that helps!
Mar 6, 2017
1 posts
I have my written coming up as well in 2 weeks! I live kind of far from the centre but am going to trek it out for the written. How did you request to have the oral on the phone? That's a great accommodation for those who live quite a way's away! thx in advance
Feb 27, 2017
5 posts
RebelliY279890 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 1:15 pm
I have my written coming up as well in 2 weeks! I live kind of far from the centre but am going to trek it out for the written. How did you request to have the oral on the phone? That's a great accommodation for those who live quite a way's away! thx in advance
Actually, when I went in (just after the written), she told us to arrange a time so that she could call us, the conversation was about 10-15 minutes over the phone. It wasn't very long. I believe she was scheduling them in succession, so she wrapped it up fairly quickly. Hope it goes well!