Careers

Teaching Jobs at YRDSB and TDSB

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 3:18 pm
Mar 13, 2017
2 posts
hi
Many of Ontario's school principals and educators are circumventing an automated system that randomly selects teachers to fill supply-teaching roles, a practice that could account for the disproportionate number of jobs that go to retirees.

MAGNETIC SCIENCE FUN
Nov 6, 2009
575 posts
36 upvotes
Is there a link detailing pay scale for full time ece position with Waterloo board?
How do they decide years of experience and grading?
Nov 6, 2009
575 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks, I came across this and page 6 has some indication about the pay scale.
Waterloo board ece's are with etfo now.
Does someone has details about what pay scale they follow for full time ece's? I am also qualified teacher with OCT.
Oct 18, 2012
17 posts
Toronto
Hey Everyone, I work for TDSB as an occasional teacher and was finally able to apply for contract positions this year. Has anyone else heard any news from the interview panels? I had a couple of interviews last week (This year the interviews were scheduled from July 5-July 11) and I haven't heard back any yes or no answers. Is this normal? Also, for anyone who got a contract job, approximately how long did it take for you to hear back?

Any answers are greatly appreciated,

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4100 posts
1345 upvotes
Apparently my sister got a full time teaching job at YRDSB. she's spent just under 2 years doing occasional teaching.
Jul 29, 2006
620 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Fellow teachers bored yet?
....life needs more green lights.
Apr 22, 2013
25 posts
8 upvotes
The Occasional Teacher's Roster has opened up for York Region District School Board, Halton District School Board, and Durham District School Board. For those of you who are interested go to applytoeducation and click on the postings. York closes on sept 25 and Halton closes on Sept 29.
Sep 11, 2016
7 posts
Any improvement in the job market since the implementation of the 2 year degree and reduction in spots?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3213 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
Articuno wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:01 pm
Any improvement in the job market since the implementation of the 2 year degree and reduction in spots?
If you have French qualifications, you are definitely in demand. Otherwise, it's still difficult to get in without supply teaching for several years in most cases.
Sep 11, 2016
7 posts
No french here lol... Is it still difficult to even get on the supply list? I'm not a teacher, just a student considering teaching and I remember looking at this thread earlier during my undergrad and people were struggling just to get on the supply list. Does science fair a little better? (my teachables would be general science, biology, chemistry and physics... I also have enough credits in phys ed. and social sciences that I could do ABQs but IDK if I'd wanna teach those subjects... kinda just wanna teach the sciences).

Also which school boards are best in terms of jobs... I know TDSB is shrinking but how is Halton or Upper Grand or even Peel? My fear is that I won't even get supply work after I graduate lol....... :(
Feb 27, 2017
5 posts
Topher wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:11 pm
If you have French qualifications, you are definitely in demand. Otherwise, it's still difficult to get in without supply teaching for several years in most cases.
Even with French qualifications, it is still hard to get into the GTA. Overall, I think the market has improved slightly, but it is still tough out there at the moment. I think it will take 2-3 years to improve.