Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario

Teamviewer Question

I am playing around with Teamviewer and came across something I don't really care for and wondered if there was a solution

When I use a tablet or cell phone to remote in to my desktop, the resolution on the desktop changes - it looks like it might be 640 X 480, or maybe 800 X 600 - which I suppose really isn't a problem since I'm manipulating the computer with my tablet and it looks fine on my tablet - when I installed Teamviewer and was playing around with it, I sat in front of my computer while I remoted in, so that's how I know of the resolution change

the problem: when I end the remote session, the resolution on my desktop reverts back to what it should be, but all the windows are the wrong size and I have to re-size them back to full screen, which is an annoyance after awhile

is there a way to either stop the resolution on the desktop from changing, or have the windows go back to the size they initially were?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
in the Teamviewer app go to settings and under screen resolution , change to don't change
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
Keigotw wrote: in the Teamviewer app go to settings and under screen resolution , change to don't change
thanks! no wonder I couldn't figure it out - oddly enough, the Android app doesn't have that setting, so I checked the iPad app and that setting was there - so I'm good to go with the iPad..I hope they add this option to the Android app soon!
Mar 6, 2012
783 posts
266 upvotes
tvwatcher wrote: thanks! no wonder I couldn't figure it out - oddly enough, the Android app doesn't have that setting, so I checked the iPad app and that setting was there - so I'm good to go with the iPad..I hope they add this option to the Android app soon!
Android does have it in the options but you have to go in the settings while you are remotely logged onto the machine, you won't see it if you are not.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
toy187 wrote: Android does have it in the options but you have to go in the settings while you are remotely logged onto the machine, you won't see it if you are not.
wonderful, thank you! I didn't think to try that, especially since the option was available on my iPad without logging in.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
3095 posts
1332 upvotes
West
How safe is Team Viewer? You are essentially creating a backdoor for full access to you PC, ie. a hacker's dream. I have thought about installing but it seems way too risky.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)