• Mar 21st, 2013 1:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3004 posts
217 upvotes

TechDepot Canada reviews?

http://www.techdepotcanada.com/

Has anyone bought from them before? Wanted to buy some headphones but I just wanted some feedback from anyone who has purchased from them. Their prices are okay, nothing too good to be true :lol:
61 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3004 posts
217 upvotes
Anyone?

I noticed their little logo by the address bar of my firefox is the same as directcanada.com ...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
3004 posts
217 upvotes
Did you deal locally or were your items ship to you?
Jul 30, 2009
2 posts
I put in an order for headphones on July 16th; while they've charged my CC, and I have an initial invoice, they haven't shipped the product. What's more, I can't manage to get ahold of anyone there. I've called twice, and never spoken to a human being OR been able to leave a voice mail message. Some of the options don't even work!!

If I don't hear from them by Tuesday, I'm going to get ahold of my CC company and get the charge reversed. Absolutely horrific customer service!!!!!!!! Would totally suggest you stay the hell away from them.
Jul 30, 2009
2 posts
My order has turned up today. Still no contact from the company. No notice that my item had shipped. Nothing.

It seems like they do ship, but it was outside their stated 7-10 day delivery period. Very very poor customer support, though apparently a legitimate business. Would still likely avoid working with again unless I had to (which was the case with this order).
Banned
Jul 12, 2009
7 posts
Markham
LanEvoVII wrote:
Jul 27th, 2009 10:31 pm
Did you deal locally or were your items ship to you?
Order was shipped ...Canada Post
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1238 posts
299 upvotes
Brampton
Bought a camera bag from them. Excellent Price and Brand new product with all packaging and tags. No problem whatsoever and I picked up the order personally so the shipping was waived.

Although it took more time than promised but I was in no hurry so I waited.
Jan 27, 2010
50 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this thread when looking up techdepotcanada.com to see if others had anything like the experience I just had, and decided to register so I could warn others about it as I had a much worst experience (long post I know, but I can be wordy).

Placed an order with them on the 13th of January, an item that I assume was in stock (was never told otherwise). An hour later I got an email from them saying my order was placed, and gave me a number to keep track of it.

By the 18th, it was still listed as 'Ordered' with no ship date, or shipping info filled out. This got me worried, but I waited until the 25th before checking once more, and again just listed as 'Ordered'.

I sent an email asking if there was a problem, along with the number they gave me to check it, and on the 26th they replied but said they needed another number, which I promptly gave them (an hour after the message was sent). Never got a reply, so I phoned in, got through quickly, and was told that my order had been processed, and shipped, would be here on Wednesday (the 27th) for sure, Thursday/Friday at the latest.

She couldn't/wouldn't tell me the ship date (which I thought was odd) so I emailed them again as well asking for the shipping info. On the 28th, no reply, no package and nothing on the site about it. So I called in again, and asked for the ship date, she left (same women) and came back a few minutes later telling me a little rudely this time that the 'guys' would email me the tracking info but I would get it for sure tomorrow (Friday the 29th).

Few hours later, no email from them so I called back asking if I could please just get a ship date or tracking info and was told very rudely this time that "they need to shut the computers down first, and my package would be here Friday for sure, I saw it shipped myself". So I said again, this time getting angry that I just need to know what day it shipped, or get the tracking info. She went away again, and came back this time with a tracking number.

First thing I did when I got off the phone was check it on Canada-posts site, tracking number wasn't found. Tried a few more times, made sure it was 100% and no go. So I called right back, and said it wasn't working and asked if it was Canada-post I was to use. She got really rude then and said that it was Canada-post and that it was the right number.

So I said it wasn't working, (was getting pretty mad by then, and it was showing in my voice) and told her that if it was shipped a week ago then it should be up there, and wanting to know what was going on. She was getting ruder by the minute, kept telling me "it wont show up there until we've shut our computers down for the night!". I asked her what their computers have to do with Canada-post not having a week old tracking number up on their own site, to which she just snapped "you're package will be there tomorrow".

So I said finally, almost yelling now, that if they can't tell me the ship date right now, then they can go ahead and cancel my order. She just snapped at me again "it will be there tomorrow, goodbye!" and hung up...

At that point I was too angry to argue with them anymore so I just went and did other stuff. I figured at the time that they never shipped it, was pretty convinced by then that they were just lying more to cover it up having told me it shipped already on Tuesday, hence refusing to tell me a ship date and telling me about shutting the computers down. Decided to wait until Friday and see what happened before disputing the charge, thinking with me mentioning I'd cancel they might do something (would take another 3-4 days to get it from somewhere else).

An hour later, checked the tracking number on Canada-post just to see and it was listed as having just been picked up from them... I wait now to see if it will be here tommorow or not (I'm doubtful it will arrive in time even though I'm not too far away), but now I know for sure they were lying to me about having shipped it already when I called on Tuesday... Refusing to admit it, trying to tell me crap about the computers needing to be shutdown etc, then hanging up like that (despite my raised voice, I had a valid complaint and she knew it). I should reverse the charge and send it back anyway, but waiting longer for another place (which is in the U.S. so not my first choice) isn't something I want to do.

I know some others didn't have as much trouble with them, but I wanted to make sure this was known. I'll update it when/if I get my package.
Feb 3, 2010
1 posts
I've ordered twice from them, once about six months ago and recently. Both times the orders took over 4 weeks to ship and there was no response to e-mails on my last purchase.

Although I received my merchandise as advertised, in new condition and at great prices, their delivery time and lack of response to e-mails I would be wary. Maybe my experiences are exceptions, but I will not be ordering from them again.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6657 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
Awful store avoid them a few months ago I placed order for set of headphones paid with Pay Pal. I waited good week no response from them so I call into the office and was told the phones are on back order. I waited two weeks before they finally shipped out. When I received the phones they where packaged with no protection jammed in cardboard box that looked like it had been run over by forklift with tire marks on it. I had to pay return shipping and again waited almost 3 weeks they had nothing but excuses and then once again told me they where on back order. I requested refund and they wanted to charge me 15% restocking fee so I opened a claim with Pay Pal and requested a refund which was granted.
Jan 27, 2010
50 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Feb 7th, 2010 3:04 am
When I received the phones they where packaged with no protection jammed in cardboard box that looked like it had been run over by forklift with tire marks on it.
I forgot all about updating my experience with them once I got my package until just now, but I ended up getting mine finally on the Friday after I demanded it be shipped or canceled (even though I was hung up on after I said that).

My package came in a terrible shape as well the box was dirty, bent up and had holes in it. The headphone box was placed inside with just a small bit of crumpled paper around it. The headphone box itself beat up as well but the headphones worked fine luckily.

I really wish I had of just canceled once I knew they had been lying to me except I needed the item then and couldn't wait longer, I for sure wont be buying anything from them again though. Not sure what's up with them, and why they can't just ship stuff properly... The lied to me about having shipped my item when there shouldn't have been any reason for them to just have shipped it since they must have had it there.
Banned
Mar 1, 2010
1 posts
i dealt with them a couple a weeks ago, their prices are good and they have excellent customer service. My package came in 2 weeks, and it was packaged perfectly! will probably do deals with them again
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1726 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a pair of Sennheisers from them best price i found, ordered Feb 28, shipped March 1st, received March 2nd Purolator "expedited". Automated response after ordering, sent email on March 1st which included receipt and ETA on delivery and got it as per email.
The item on their site was marked "in stock" and as per my post was, i'm giving a positive first time experience.

btw, TechDepot is part of Office Depot.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. :idea:
Jan 5, 2010
1 posts
I bought a very hard to finf item (iHome ZN9 clock radio) a month ago. Their web page mentionned "in stock". The credit card is charged right away. After 1 week, no news about shipping so I sent a couple of emails that were not replied. So I called, and I was told the item was back order and they cannot garantee about when they'll get it. After doing some research, it seems like that item doesn't exists anymore.
So I emailed them back and asked for a refund... of course no answer.
Called them and I was told they'll initiate a refund to my credit card.
Today (over 2 weeks later) the refund still doesn't show up on the online statement. I guess I need to call my bank (CC issuer) to get my money back at this point.

I would say one thing about the *happy customer* comments here: you were lucky that they really have the item in stock. Because everything show up on their site as "in stock" even if it doesn't exists! And trying to get your CC charge back can become a nightmare, with very long delays. How can we tell those RefFlagDeals and Shopbot sites to take TechDepot off their lists?

Jacques, Montreal