• May 30th, 2017 10:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2414 posts
782 upvotes
GTA
Just go for the traditional braces. It's faster and cheaper and you will forget that you even have braces on after a few months.
Even with ceramic braces, I would say traditional metal ones are better. With ceramic my dentist said it will take a few months longer than traditional metal braces (3-6 months longer). But I opt for ceramic braces anyways because I was very self cautions about my appearance. After a few months I notice that my clear bands would turn yellow and nasty. If you like to eat curry then I won't advice you to get ceramic braces.

Now, I wear coloured ligatures on my ceramic braces because I don't give a crap about it anymore. I recommend light blue on ceramic braces it looks very pretty actually haha.
Oct 2, 2013
5 posts
Markham
Have to look at Invisalign more as a technique rather than a product. With all the advertising out there, it seems like you'd be getting the same thing no matter which doctor you choose, but that's simply not true. In other words, it isn't like you're buying an appliance, which would be the same at every store. Invisalign does not plan your treatment. This is the responsibility of the doctor.

There are doctors out there treating open bites, extraction cases, severe deep bites, severe crowding/spacing, and using elastics with Invisalign. Whether you are an Invisalign "candidate" is going to depend on your initial situation but largely on the skill and experience of the doctor you choose.
Jul 25, 2014
1 posts
Corman Park, SK
attheshore wrote:
Mar 5th, 2014 7:21 pm
If you have really crooked teeth, you can still go with Invisalign, you just have to find someone who specializes in Invisalign. I shopped around and 3 out of 4 said my teeth were too crooked. Eventually, I found someone who had a lot of experience with it and did require me to remove 4 teeth, one from each side, top and bottom. In total, it will take me 22 months, I only have 5 months left, but I'm already really happy with my results.

Downside, if you snack a lot like me, it's just annoying to have to take the braces off before you eat....every time.
How much did yours cost?
Banned
May 3, 2008
302 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
Do not get invisalign!

The problem is obvious. You don't want to encapsulate your teeth! You need to wear these things 20+ hours a day. Hello? cavities, discoloration, wonder why they give your free whiting? Not only that after a few days the plastic gets full of bacteria but you have to wear them for a two weeks. Should be every day or two a new one. Basically you are accelerating the rot of your teeth by 10 years.

If you want to get cheap braces, go to India or Thailand or Costa Rica etc. get them put on there and you can get them adjusted here for a regular fee. This will save a lot. At least your teeth won't rot at the end. I needed 2 root canals and few cavities, now there is permanent stains, after two years of plastic covering them. So it is easy $10,000.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4340 posts
660 upvotes
FreddyDriver wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2014 2:06 pm
Do not get invisalign!

The problem is obvious. You don't want to encapsulate your teeth! You need to wear these things 20+ hours a day. Hello? cavities, discoloration, wonder why they give your free whiting? Not only that after a few days the plastic gets full of bacteria but you have to wear them for a two weeks. Should be every day or two a new one. Basically you are accelerating the rot of your teeth by 10 years.

If you want to get cheap braces, go to India or Thailand or Costa Rica etc. get them put on there and you can get them adjusted here for a regular fee. This will save a lot. At least your teeth won't rot at the end. I needed 2 root canals and few cavities, now there is permanent stains, after two years of plastic covering them. So it is easy $10,000.
I have neither and no preference towards either .... But after reading your post, it sounds like these werent the best option, FOR YOU. For someone else, maybe. I am more interested in the Dentist you went to and the advice you received before going with Invisalign - sounds like someone messed up.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Banned
May 3, 2008
302 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
What do you mean FOR ME? Do you think you have magic teeth that enjoy being encapsulated without air? Ever wrap something up in plastic for a while, it rots, mold bacteria. That what will be inside each try after just a few hours of wearing them. Do you want to brush your teeth every few hours for 2 years? How can you do it at night? Doesn't matter you will never get that plastic clean. Tell them you want a new tray everyday, that might work. Braces won't have this problem. That's why people still get braces.

What you will find is some young hot to trot dentist trying to pay off his forest hill or richmondhill mansion, he will take a few course on invsilgn. Again you are much better with an ORTHODONTIST than a dentist. Even if he is from the 3rd world. 3rd would is better in this case like India has 1.3 billion people, so you can find a guy with 100x the experience of a Canadian dentist. India you can get the behind the teeth braces put on, then see a Canadian ortho for a couple hundred bucks a session.
You got a watch with invisalgn because the idiot dentist will grind off parts of your teeth because it will make it way easier for him/her. Again hello cavitie$.
check out spirit.com head down to San Jose or Mexico city you will find a good ortho and get a tan too. It's not like it's an emergency you can go in the winter. Just get the regular braces, don't worry about it. You'll look cute!
Jun 2, 2005
177 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I was quoted $7200 for up to 18 months treatment. Seems pretty expensive and a long process. I have overcrowding on the top and do not require major work prior to treatment so am not sure if that quote is reasonable. Would like to hear more feedback from anyone else that has undergone Invisalign treatment.
Nov 3, 2003
333 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone recommend a place to go for good experienced dentists and an invisalign quote?
"All life fears death but lives only to die." - FFIX
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me" - Psalm 23:4
"Loyalty above all else, except honour."
----------------------------
Heatware: [Fallen Angel]
Jun 2, 2005
177 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I'm wondering if Dr. Eric Rouah at 5000 Yonge Dental is a good place to get Invisalign. They appear to have the lowest treatment price out of all the elite providers in the GTA region. I've read some very bad reviews and good reviews and it appears many are fake.
Sep 3, 2014
29 posts
Toronto, ON
Usually, the need of Invisalign or traditional braces will vary from people and their teeth complexity. So, I would like to suggest you to go to the right dentist or orthodontist to know the suitable alternatives based on your teeth complexity.
Apr 14, 2017
1 posts
II was never able to afford braces. I'm now 60, my front eye teeth stick out and look like fangs. I NEVER smile and show my teeth. VERY self-conscious. I had a checkup a couple of weeks ago and my dentist suggested invisalign. He said that he could straighten my teeth in 6 months!! I'm not sure, at my age, that it would be worth it. On the other hand, our teenaged daughter needs them and that would be worth the investment.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9616 posts
711 upvotes
Bumping an older thread for recent experiences

Anyone had invisalign in the last year? Do you mind sharing what it cost here or via PM?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1850 posts
205 upvotes
bolerame wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 10:59 pm
II was never able to afford braces. I'm now 60, my front eye teeth stick out and look like fangs. I NEVER smile and show my teeth. VERY self-conscious. I had a checkup a couple of weeks ago and my dentist suggested invisalign. He said that he could straighten my teeth in 6 months!! I'm not sure, at my age, that it would be worth it. On the other hand, our teenaged daughter needs them and that would be worth the investment.
I'd say why not do it . You've worked hard in your life. No reason why you can't live for at least another 20 years or more. Instead of living another 20 years not smiling , take the plunge and smile with confidence :) 60 is the new 40 right ??
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27522 posts
665 upvotes
Dildo, NL
bolerame wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 10:59 pm
I can't echo enough what the other person said. Get it done & start living!
setell wrote:
Oct 7th, 2012 1:58 pm
... there is still a small stigma against it. ......
what kind?
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...