Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes

Teksavvy has cancelled CAW discounted rates without advising customers

Like many of you I have a $5 discount for either being in a Teksavvy group plan or being eligible for the CAW $5 discount rate.

I sent Teksavvy a message a week ago but they haven't replied back, does anyone know what they are doing?

Electronix box works out to about a $1 cheaper if they don't honor the previous discount, not really sure I would leave for that amount, I'm assuming they would match it for me to stay.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
2690 posts
224 upvotes
GTA
It hasn't been set in stone yet but they're considering scrapping it. I'm sure RFD abuse is one of the reasons.

Besides, it only applied to 5-6Mbps DSL packages anyway. Referral discounts would still apply
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1960 upvotes
I signed up under the CAW discount and I have not yet received a rate increase notice. Has anyone else?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 12:07 am
I signed up under the CAW discount and I have not yet received a rate increase notice. Has anyone else?

Everyone got th esame general email that announced the new plans with no mention of what will happen to discounted plans.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1960 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 9:19 am
Everyone got th esame general email that announced the new plans with no mention of what will happen to discounted plans.

As I mentioned above, I did not receive the general email announcing the new plans and rate increases. I just got my invoice which is billed in advance and I'm still paying $27.99.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 1:05 am
As I mentioned above, I did not receive the general email announcing the new plans and rate increases. I just got my invoice which is billed in advance and I'm still paying $27.99.

Billed in advance, really? Mine doesn't appear to be in advanced and it should say 6M residential on your bill, regardless if you are on a group discount or not, the rate would be going up. We are just waiting to see if it would be the new standard rate or the new standard rate - $5 like the current group rate, obviously you weren't billed ahead for February.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1960 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 9:43 am
Billed in advance, really? Mine doesn't appear to be in advanced and it should say 6M residential on your bill, regardless if you are on a group discount or not, the rate would be going up. We are just waiting to see if it would be the new standard rate or the new standard rate - $5 like the current group rate, obviously you weren't billed ahead for February.

With Teksavvy, like most ISPs, you prepay for service ie you are billed a month ahead. So the invoice I just received goes from Jan. 24 - Feb. 23. So yes, I was billed ahead for February. My invoice still says 5M Residential.

Here is an excerpt from my original DSL order confirmation:
Thank you for your order!

Your up to 5.0 Megabit residential service is set to be tentatively activated on 2/27/200x anywhere between the hours of 8am to Midnight. Please note that your activation date could be delayed up to 10 business days due to unanticipated circumstances.

Your first bill was processed today, and your monthly prepaid billing date from now on will be on the 24 of each month, starting in March.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 1:49 pm
With Teksavvy, like most ISPs, you prepay for service ie you are billed a month ahead. So the invoice I just received goes from Jan. 24 - Feb. 23. So yes, I was billed ahead for February. My invoice still says 5M Residential.

Here is an excerpt from my original DSL order confirmation:
You got me there, I did not realize that. I found my original order too and it stated the same. Im sure they won't forget about raising our prices for next month.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1960 upvotes
I still haven't received any notification of changes. A friend who also signed up more recently through CAW, confirms that he didn't receive any notification either. I hope our rates/plans aren't changing or perhaps they are doing something else with them and we will get separate notice.

Is it just a coincidence that we didn't get notification and our bills haven't gone up yet?
Feb 12, 2004
441 posts
9 upvotes
got my invoice a few days ago and I am still getting the group rate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
Just to let you know, I inquired about having the discount transferred to a better plan, in particular I was looking at DSL 16, at first I was told I could have the same discount transferred ($7) but in the end it turns out they would only provide a $2 discount on the DSL 16.

Just based on pricing, cap, unlimited off hours, I would switch to Electronic Box, even with the $2 discount as electrnoic box would still be the samE price but better overall plan.

All that to say I just can't give up my current good pricing, so I'm stuck on a 6Mb plan for who knows how long.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
Well this sucks, without written notice or advising me, Teksavvy has withdrawn the CAW discount after all these years.

I'm sure this happened to everyone in this last round of billing?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3755 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
I was with caw for 10 years and had no idea teksavvy was offering us a preferred rate......
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2463 posts
74 upvotes
I'm surprised there are not more people mentioning this.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1960 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Apr 15th, 2013 7:40 am
I'm surprised there are not more people mentioning this.
I don't think people have realized it yet. I just noticed the $5 increase yesterday when I was looking at my invoice to call tech support. I'm on the phone with them now and the rep. didn't even know about the CAW discount. I'm really ticked at Teksavvy now and looking for a new ISP.
× < >