Computers & Electronics

Is the teksavvy sr505n locked to teksavvy?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2017 10:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12119 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto

Is the teksavvy sr505n locked to teksavvy?

I have an sr505n that looks to be running a teksavvy version of the firmware.

Under the wan settings, I can change userid to another email address and password to something else and save these settings. When I perform a hardware reset, it goes back to the userid email address that I was able to change to something else and save. Since I can change and save the wan settings, does this mean the modem can be used with other DSL providers?

I have bell fibe and can't test it to determine if it is unlocked to other ISPs.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by audit13 on Aug 12th, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
Feb 17, 2012
424 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:42 pm
I have an sr505n that looks to be running a teksavvy version of the firmware.

Under the wan settings, I can change userid to another email address and password to something else and save these settings. When I perform a hardware reset, it goes back to the userid email address that I was able to change to something else and save. Since I can change and save the wan settings, does this mean the modem can be used with other DSL providers?

I have bell fibe and can't test it to determine if it is unlocked to other ISPs.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The smartRg modems are usually locked to certain isps but since teksavvy is a 3rd party of bells it should work. Try dslreports forum. They know their stuff over there. They have sections for every ISP