Personal Finance

Teksavvy unable to charge this months payment on credit card?

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2010 4:42 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 10, 2010
185 posts
8 upvotes
Kitchener

Teksavvy unable to charge this months payment on credit card?

I don't know if I posted in the correct thread.

I have been with teksavvy (Internet service company) for 6 months and have not had a problem with payments. But this time they sent me an email saying that they were unsuccessful in charging this months payment because my credit card was decline. But I only have $1,000 in debt and made every payment. I'm currently with President Choice Financial, and the way I pay my payment are by mail. Before I call President's Choice, does anyone know why this is happening?
6 replies
Jul 29, 2009
895 posts
14 upvotes
Maybe PC reduced your credit limit? Or maybe there was something suspicious on your account, and your account is being flagged until someone gets ahold of you to confirm things? Call and ask ... no one here's going to be able to tell you the answer.
Jan 22, 2006
359 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
If you're with PC Financial.. you should be able to check your mastercard balance online.. do that first to ensure that you were not a victim of fraud (meaning someone was using your card). Also, whats the limit to your CC? maybe your at your limit? Theres a bunch of other reasons which i'm sure other RFD'ers will post
[OP]
May 10, 2010
185 posts
8 upvotes
Kitchener
Thank you, I will call them to see what's the problem
Apr 11, 2008
489 posts
23 upvotes
Optical24 wrote:
May 11th, 2010 11:30 am
Thank you, I will call them to see what's the problem
Why didn't you do this in the first place? Would have been the most logical, seeing as how there's 100 different ways your card was declined.
Mar 23, 2004
38489 posts
4596 upvotes
Markham
Chopsuey2030 wrote:
May 11th, 2010 11:58 am
Why didn't you do this in the first place? Would have been the most logical, seeing as how there's 100 different ways your card was declined.
because it's a general rule that they ask on rfd before actually calling lol
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2009
1009 posts
64 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
May 11th, 2010 12:09 pm
because it's a general rule that they ask on rfd before actually calling lol
truer words have never been spoken :)
Being broke is childish and I'm quite grown