Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telehub

Telehub ON QC VDSL FTTN Internet 50MB $33.95 (reg $39.95) Free Install, Free Dryloop

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 4:47 pm
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: I gave them a chance. Ordered/paid friday install next saturday. Hope everything works or im never going to hear the end of it from the wife.
did you purchase their modem or are you going to use your own modem?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
anyone knows if there is any credit check done?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
L4cky wrote: anyone knows if there is any credit check done?
Who does credit checks when buying internet lol? You pay through paypal only.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
sammjm wrote: did you purchase their modem or are you going to use your own modem?
Unfortunately, i dont have modem that belongs to me as im a bell client with a locked Sagemcom (old stuff anyway). The way their pricing works, its actually 50$ for install, 50$ for the modem so if you bring yours, you only pay 50$.
May 20, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Unfortunately, i dont have modem that belongs to me as im a bell client with a locked Sagemcom (old stuff anyway). The way their pricing works, its actually 50$ for install, 50$ for the modem so if you bring yours, you only pay 50$.
you may be able to get them to give you a free modem rental with the $50 install.

my service has been pretty good and stable for the 3 weeks i have had them - 40/10 cable service
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
pumpkinpies wrote: you may be able to get them to give you a free modem rental with the $50 install.

my service has been pretty good and stable for the 3 weeks i have had them - 40/10 cable service
I didnt see an option for a free rental? I got the first few months at a discounted price for their 50-10 dsl and paid the first month via paypal. Did you just ask for it or was there a promotion when you signed up?
May 20, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: I didnt see an option for a free rental? I got the first few months at a discounted price for their 50-10 dsl and paid the first month via paypal. Did you just ask for it or was there a promotion when you signed up?
i actually was going to purchase their modem but they sent me the wrong one so they offered me a free rental instead.

I was just saying that you may be able to get one if you negotiate a little bit. if i recall they were originally offering the free rental when this thread was started.
Feb 6, 2014
159 posts
99 upvotes
woob wrote: Nope - I just assumed the modem is locked. If it's not and you find it out, let us know.
kanata2004 wrote: Any chance you have admin password too? Thanks.

I was told that the modem is unlocked when I emailed them before. Can you confirm if the modem is locked or unlocked? It is pretty bad if you pay for modem and unable to use with other providers.
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
it seems deal is dead here is what i get when trying to access their internet section:
Images
  • Hi_Speed_Internet_using_Fibre_Network_Technology_TeleHub_-_2017-06-01_19.37.02.png
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
sammjm wrote: it seems deal is dead here is what i get when trying to access their internet section:
This stuff is bizarre. I'm getting connected tomorrow. Either i got something amazing or im about to get abandoned by the isp. I was hoping to try them out and refer them to family and friends if it worked out right.
Jan 15, 2006
308 posts
190 upvotes
Mmm... just got phone with them and put an order for internet recently... Asked them why I can't login to my account now and here is there reply :

"We stop doing the retail sales from this month. If you are agree, I can refer you to our reseller Altima Telecom. They will give telehub customer a good deal.
Thank you!"

Not sure if that means they are out of business or what and what will happen with current customers... Smells bad though :(

Edit : They confirmed to me they still honor current subscriptions since they are still in the internet business, just not retail sales anymore (I guess it means sales to individuals...). Seems like those who got in got a good deal. Just hoping they stay alive for a long time...
Last edited by Nataq on Jun 2nd, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Nataq wrote: Mmm... just got phone with them and put an order for internet recently... Asked them why I can't login to my account now and here is there reply :

"We stop doing the retail sales from this month. If you are agree, I can refer you to our reseller Altima Telecom. They will give telehub customer a good deal.
Thank you!"

Not sure if that means they are out of business or what and what will happen with current customers... Smells bad though :(
I also got a reply from them, similar in nature:

We stop doing the retail sales. If your families and friends are interested in our services, they can go to our re-sellers.
If you have any questions, we will be always available to answer your questions.

I wasnt told i was being shipped out to altima Telecom.. I assumed i got a good deal and i would stick with telehub.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Um. What a bad news
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 15, 2006
308 posts
190 upvotes
As the "Edit" in my above post :

They confirmed to me they still honor current subscriptions since they are still in the internet business, just not retail sales anymore (I guess it means sales to individuals...). Seems like those who got in got a good deal. Just hoping they stay alive for a long time...

You can consider this deal is dead though.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Nataq wrote: As the "Edit" in my above post :

They confirmed to me they still honor current subscriptions since they are still in the internet business, just not retail sales anymore (I guess it means sales to individuals...). Seems like those who got in got a good deal. Just hoping they stay alive for a long time...

You can consider this deal is dead though.
Well if they are a reseller that means they serve multiple ISPs. Them going down means all their other sub-contracteded resellers go down. Less likely then a single reseller going down. In any matter, my install date is today, hope Bell shows up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
should we group buy then?

anyone has contacted altima?
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
lol i was able to sign in with their videotron package as of today online via some google links
- Training 101
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
L4cky wrote: lol i was able to sign in with their videotron package as of today online via some google links
probably they will cancel your order. keep us updated
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
sammjm wrote: probably they will cancel your order. keep us updated
before i found out that loophole that hasnt been confirmed, i emailed them... i shouldnt have..

automated process is always the best way to get things done
- Training 101