Entertainment

Which TELEVISION Cable providers are best in Vancouver?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2012 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.

Which TELEVISION Cable providers are best in Vancouver?

I'm currently paying $52.57 (with tax) for 58 channels (Shaw) in Vancouver, is there better deals out there? Digital Cable? Satellite?

I really don't want to have to buy a box for a new service with more channels to get it either, if possible...
"The great masses of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Especially if it is repeated over and over." -- Adolf Hitler

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell
24 replies
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
I just want television, I don't need the USA snooping in on my phone calls via a scanner/echelon on internet telephone. I like my conversations private, thanks. They already have my e-mail (and all the internet postings) and there's nothing I can do about that, but I can do something about my telephone.
"The great masses of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Especially if it is repeated over and over." -- Adolf Hitler

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3068 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
crazyfound wrote:I just want television, I don't need the USA snooping in on my phone calls via a scanner/echelon on internet telephone. I like my conversations private, thanks. They already have my e-mail (and all the internet postings) and there's nothing I can do about that, but I can do something about my telephone.
What are you talking about... Bundling means that you pay for the service together instead of separately for discounts. :| So if you use both shaw cable and shaw high speed internet...they offer a discount. Unless you already have that.
Vancouver Forum - July 11th, 2005 - 11:54/11:42 (Computer) PM
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
I don't use the internet enough to warrant spending an extravagent amount on high speed cable, so I stick with dial up.

If you're not going to do anything illegal on the internet with high speed cable, than it's a waste of money.

I don't do the illegal thing.

Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
Nanaimo, British Col…
crazyfound wrote:I don't use the internet enough to warrant spending an extravagent amount on high speed cable, so I stick with dial up.

If you're not going to do anything illegal on the internet with high speed cable, than it's a waste of money.

You forgot to mention black helicopters, -10 points.
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Novus gives me 40 channels for $25. Cheaper if you bundle with high speed Internet.
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
148 upvotes
crazyfound wrote:I don't use the internet enough to warrant spending an extravagent amount on high speed cable, so I stick with dial up.

hmm. well-off enough to be able to afford to buy $15 CD's and go to $10 movies, but not can't afford high speed?

did you know you can get 'light' high speed from telus for as low as $16/mo ?

http://www.mytelus.com/internet/highspeed/display.do
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
st7860 wrote:hmm. well-off enough to be able to afford to buy $15 CD's and go to $10 movies, but not can't afford high speed?

did you know you can get 'light' high speed from telus for as low as $16/mo ?

http://www.mytelus.com/internet/highspeed/display.do
I really have no clue what you're talking about. You should read what I said a second time. I DON'T WANT HIGH SPEED INTERNET.

[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
Asun wrote:Novus gives me 40 channels for $25. Cheaper if you bundle with high speed Internet.
I believe Novus is downtown Vancouver only.

Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
148 upvotes
crazyfound wrote:I really have no clue what you're talking about. You should read what I said a second time. I DON'T WANT HIGH SPEED INTERNET.
Read the first post below. Where does it say anything about internet? And, there' no deals available with Shaw cable, except if you are student. If you can't afford $55/mo for 58 channels then ask shaw to change you to tier 1 which is abour $25/mo + tax.

"I'm currently paying $52.57 (with tax) for 58 channels (Shaw) in Vancouver, is there better deals out there? Digital Cable? Satellite?

I really don't want to have to buy a box for a new service with more channels to get it either, if possible..."
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3068 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
You are currently using the Premiere Entertainment Bundle right? Full cable + Digital stuff except Movies.
Vancouver Forum - July 11th, 2005 - 11:54/11:42 (Computer) PM
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
crazyfound wrote:I believe Novus is downtown Vancouver only.
Yes, that's why you need to move to downtown :)
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
cheeseshredder wrote:You are currently using the Premiere Entertainment Bundle right? Full cable + Digital stuff except Movies.
No, I'm not. How much more is that a month?

[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
Asun wrote:Yes, that's why you need to move to downtown :)
Ok.

× < >