• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2015 2:38 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC

telus BYOP plan

I was looking at telus's byop plans and i saw this and I think it might be to good to be true. Can someone tell me if I am looking at it wrong but for $70 I can have nation wide call and 8gb of data.
Here is a link to the site
http://www.telus.com/en/qc/mobility/pla ... YourChoice
P.S
I am in Quebec
12 replies
Jul 23, 2015
64 posts
45 upvotes
North York, ON
Because of Quebec having a fourth wireless carrier, you get better plans . Looks like you have to call Telus for that plan most likely so they can validate that you in fact do live in Quebec.
Aug 8, 2014
456 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevinhar wrote: I was looking at telus's byop plans and i saw this and I think it might be to good to be true. Can someone tell me if I am looking at it wrong but for $70 I can have nation wide call and 8gb of data.
Here is a link to the site
http://www.telus.com/en/qc/mobility/pla ... YourChoice
P.S
I am in Quebec
You are looking at it wrong.
You're ignoring the each per month part.

It's $67.50/each. $135.
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
I don't think I am looking at it wrong. At the bottom of the page it says
More ways to save by sharing your data
And then it gives 2 examples.
Sep 29, 2015
34 posts
59 upvotes
North York, ON
You're definitely reading it wrong.
It says "One Customer" = 75 per month for 4GB, and
"Two Customers" = 67.50 each per month. As in two people share 8GB (4GB each). It's got pictures and everything
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
yea under "more ways to share" so I don't know how I can be looking at it wrong
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
Thank you libballeng that is completely what I was talking about. Which looks to me like it is not even part of the plan I was looking at getting.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
Like stevebos said in post #2, you will have to call in to Telus, get them to verify your location, and see what plan they can offer you based on your location.
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
I did call them and they said it was additional $50 for the voice plan for a grand total of $115 for the 8gb. But my question is am looking at the site wrong or are they miss representing the cost of the plan. I am going to go to telus and talk to them and see. I will let you all know how that goes
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
Ok so i just want to telus and it is $65 for province wide calling and 8gb data on a byop
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
That's a pretty good plan man.

Too bad none of that for BC/Ont. I would sign that up for me and my gf. :D
Sep 26, 2015
13 posts
Lachine, QC
I know I haven't seen a plan like this in years and if I go up to $75 it would give me 12gb. That is double what I am paying at virgin for 6gb for just $10more a month