• Apr 11th, 2019 2:26 am
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3915 posts
297 upvotes
BC
xox4everxox wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 12:13 pm
Does anyone know if the government of alberta plan has a restriction on the sim card that you must buy a phone from them to use with the sim? otherwise they will deactivate your plan?
Yes, this is stipulation in the contract with service Alberta that you purchase a new phone when you get on the plan. However you can slide that Sim card into whatever phone you want afterwards. Most people buy the cheapest phone
Sep 17, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
good deal bc wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 11:15 pm
Yes, this is stipulation in the contract with service Alberta that you purchase a new phone when you get on the plan. However you can slide that Sim card into whatever phone you want afterwards. Most people buy the cheapest phone
Ahh I figured that they track the phone that the sim is in, and if it's not the purchased one they shut down your service. Thanks
Mar 14, 2019
2 posts
Does anybody know if Suncor Employees (Refineries) qualify for corporate discount rates?
If they do not, do you know of any other companies that have a corporate rate for Suncor.

Shopping around as my phone is on its last leg....
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3915 posts
297 upvotes
BC
MichaelJ77256 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 4:54 am
Does anybody know if Suncor Employees (Refineries) qualify for corporate discount rates?
If they do not, do you know of any other companies that have a corporate rate for Suncor.

Shopping around as my phone is on its last leg....
Yes suncor has a TELUS employee plan
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3915 posts
297 upvotes
BC
xox4everxox wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 6:42 pm
Ahh I figured that they track the phone that the sim is in, and if it's not the purchased one they shut down your service. Thanks
No they don’t shut you down
Mar 14, 2019
2 posts
It seems as though you are the info guru here, do you mind sending me info on the suncor pricing?

I havent been able to get a straight answer at work and honestly have given up on our operators/admin.

I can easily provide proof of employment for the program.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3915 posts
297 upvotes
BC
The current bonus data plans that have been around for almost 2 months are ending on Tuesday. Also adding a line bonus - the Discount changing from $15/mo to $10/mo, bonus data changing from 4GB to 3GB

The $400 port-in credits are also going down to $200 and Re-introducing Bring-it-Back on Your Choice Premium and $90/10gb plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1424 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if any EPP plans extend to those enrolled in the army? Not technically a government employee, but thought this would be a good place to start (Telus or others)
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3915 posts
297 upvotes
BC
wysiwyg wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 4:20 pm
Anyone know if any EPP plans extend to those enrolled in the army? Not technically a government employee, but thought this would be a good place to start (Telus or others)
Yes they would. Federal govt employee offer. I have a login I can share with you