Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 2:03 am
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Well I can go either way, I don't have a Telus active line yet.

I want the SK plan. That's what I'm trying to get. Obviously everyone knows prices out there are a lot cheaper.

But Telus is asking for Agreement #, or I go through the dealer (dealer isn't letting me activate or even migrate a line to one of the SK plans unless I live there)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
Samshares wrote: Well I can go either way, I don't have a Telus active line yet.

I want the SK plan. That's what I'm trying to get. Obviously everyone knows prices out there are a lot cheaper.

But Telus is asking for Agreement #, or I go through the dealer (dealer isn't letting me activate or even migrate a line to one of the SK plans unless I live there)
You won't get on the Saskatchewan plan unless you have an address there and have a phone number based out of there. Plus it is almost borderline fraud so good luck trying to get someone to do it for you as they may lose their job
Apr 23, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
FYI - for any Federal Government people out there, there is a pretty good promotion going on through Beyond Wireless/ROGERS at the moment (see below), also, you can get the premium+ where a phone like the S8 would only cost you about $500 in total (so basically over half the phone's value off) :

No Tab Share Everything Plans with Unlimited Canada-wide calling

Unlimited Canada-wide calling with 1 GB + 2GB Bonus (3GB) and No Tab
Regular Price: $80 per month
$56.00 per month

Unlimited Canada-wide calling with 2 GB + 2GB Bonus (4GB) and No Tab
Regular Price: $90 per month
$63.00 per month

Unlimited Canada-wide calling with 5 GB + 2GB Bonus (7GB) and No Tab
Regular Price: $105 per month

$73.50
per month
view details
Unlimited Canada-wide calling with 10 GB and No Tab
Regular Price: $135 per month
$94.50 per month
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
chargers07 wrote: FYI - for any Federal Government people out there, there is a pretty good promotion going on through Beyond Wireless/ROGERS at the moment (see below), also, you can get the premium+ where a phone like the S8 would only cost you about $500 in total (so basically over half the phone's value off) :

$56.00 per month

$63.00 per month

$73.50
per month
view details
$94.50 per month
Find me the password, I work for Canada Post and I'll consider it!
Apr 23, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
gong_8 wrote: Find me the password, I work for Canada Post and I'll consider it!
Then just give them a call, they will set you up, but they will ask to verify your info! Also need to go to rogers.com/preferred and register there first as well, to prove you are with the government. They will ask you to do that before anything.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
chargers07 wrote: FYI - for any Federal Government people out there, there is a pretty good promotion going on through Beyond Wireless/ROGERS at the moment (see below), also, you can get the premium+ where a phone like the S8 would only cost you about $500 in total (so basically over half the phone's value off) :

$56.00 per month

$63.00 per month

$73.50
per month
view details
$94.50 per month
Keep in mind this is the TELUS thread- please keep it related to the TELUS offers. Rogers has their own thread for EPP deals
Apr 23, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
good deal bc wrote: Keep in mind this is the TELUS thread- please keep it related to the TELUS offers. Rogers has their own thread for EPP deals
Sorry about that! I didn't mean to plug one over the other, I am always shopping around. Just an EPP for fed govt is all. But I apologize.
Jan 14, 2014
140 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
About 1 year into my current contract... Needed to upgrade to a Canada-US plan from my local, but they wouldn't budge on giving me the promo 2GB data. Thought I could compromise by offering to renew for another 2 years without getting a new phone - and they said no. How does that make sense?

Gonna be shopping around next year I guess. $77/mo is decent for a Canada-US plan and 2.5GB, but if I were a new customer I'd get 3GB for $70/mo. Getting a crappier deal for being a customer doesn't really sit well with me.
Feb 20, 2004
946 posts
325 upvotes

$56.00 per month

$63.00 per month

$73.50
per month
view details
$94.50 per month
Also for Municipal Governments. Also, I'm sure Telus will come out with this in a few days to compete with Rogers.
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
testzzz wrote: About 1 year into my current contract... Needed to upgrade to a Canada-US plan from my local, but they wouldn't budge on giving me the promo 2GB data. Thought I could compromise by offering to renew for another 2 years without getting a new phone - and they said no. How does that make sense?

Gonna be shopping around next year I guess. $77/mo is decent for a Canada-US plan and 2.5GB, but if I were a new customer I'd get 3GB for $70/mo. Getting a crappier deal for being a customer doesn't really sit well with me.
I think $77 is a great deal for this particular plan. I myself, is on the BYOP for $66.50.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1233 posts
585 upvotes
St Thomas
testzzz wrote: About 1 year into my current contract... Needed to upgrade to a Canada-US plan from my local, but they wouldn't budge on giving me the promo 2GB data. Thought I could compromise by offering to renew for another 2 years without getting a new phone - and they said no. How does that make sense?

Almost done a contract on my wife's plan. Was just about to call in to inquire about the data bonus. Disappointed to hear your experience. Guess it likely won't work for existing customers...
RFD Proud since 07.
Nov 12, 2009
570 posts
657 upvotes
Snoopygis wrote: Also for Municipal Governments. Also, I'm sure Telus will come out with this in a few days to compete with Rogers.
How do I get this Telus promo? I just got my Rogers passcode.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
crow13 wrote: How do I get this Telus promo? I just got my Rogers passcode.
What company do you work for
Feb 20, 2004
946 posts
325 upvotes
crow13 wrote: How do I get this Telus promo? I just got my Rogers passcode.
I work for a municipal government and we received the promo from our telephony person.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
Snoopygis wrote: I work for a municipal government and we received the promo from our telephony person.
Doesn't it have a website or login??
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Do we know when the extra data deal will end?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
DdBigs wrote: Do we know when the extra data deal will end?
It never started. It was an error for employee accounts and is no longer an option.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
Luckily I was able to get on the extra data deal error. Hopefully they have the extra data deal legitimately after iPhone 8 comes out as I have another phone I want to switch from rogers. .
Nov 15, 2006
533 posts
108 upvotes

This should be a major PSA for anyone interested in signing up. Be very careful when choosing your initial promotional plan as Telus will not allow plan changes for the duration of your term.

In my case, I just wanted to switch my 4gb $24.50 data plan to the 6gb $31.50 plan, and they absolutely refused. Only option is to buy out my contract and perform a renewal for another 24 months through my corporate dealer.

Very turned off by this experience/policy to the point I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future.