[Telus Mobility] Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 5:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4528 posts
1235 upvotes
I am currently on BYOD, unltd Canada wide calling and 3 GB for $55 + taxes per month.

I called Koodo last Friday asking if I can switch to the current Koodo promo, BYOD, unltd Canada wide calling and 5 GB for $48 + taxes per month.

Was told migration team is too busy and to call back on Sunday. Called Sunday and CSR insisted I don't qualify for Koodo promo. I insisted she put me through migration team who said I can get it.

She said I would have to delink/change my corporate plan to consumer plan first and corp dept who can do that is closed on Sunday.

I just called and delinked/changed my corporate plan to consumer plan. CSR picked up call in 5 minutes and took her ~20 minutes to get it done. Delink/change is good for next 7 or 10 days.

I get the sense that corporate CSR is fully aware of the Koodo promo and she has done the delink/change from corp plan to consumer plan a few times.

Migration team member I spoke to on Sunday is back on Wednesday and she promised to call me to finalize immigration over to Koodo. Plus I may bring 2-3 additional lines to Koodo to get extra 10% off. Long Koodo thread here at RFD if you want to read up on it. Other than customer support, I believe my Koodo plan will essentially be the same as what I current have with Telus except more data plus possibly 1000 LD minutes.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6197 posts
1908 upvotes
Montreal
stevensun74 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 8:42 pm
Seems all the iphone prices are back to normal.
I see iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Matte Black prices back to normal today Nov 29, no more $300 rebates.

There are still $400 rebates on iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s plus (and iPhone SE free)...

Hope rebates will come back soon on iPhone 7 Plus :( I did not want to go with only 32GB though...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4528 posts
1235 upvotes
Just finalized my switch over from Telus corp plan to Koodo. BYOD $48 per month, unltd Cdn calls, 1,000 LD minutes, 5 GB, etc. vs corp plan of $55 per month and 3 GB which I had been on almost 2 yrs. It's a no brainer.

Speedy1 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 3:18 pm
I am currently on BYOD, unltd Canada wide calling and 3 GB for $55 + taxes per month.

I called Koodo last Friday asking if I can switch to the current Koodo promo, BYOD, unltd Canada wide calling and 5 GB for $48 + taxes per month.

Was told migration team is too busy and to call back on Sunday. Called Sunday and CSR insisted I don't qualify for Koodo promo. I insisted she put me through migration team who said I can get it.

She said I would have to delink/change my corporate plan to consumer plan first and corp dept who can do that is closed on Sunday.

I just called and delinked/changed my corporate plan to consumer plan. CSR picked up call in 5 minutes and took her ~20 minutes to get it done. Delink/change is good for next 7 or 10 days.

I get the sense that corporate CSR is fully aware of the Koodo promo and she has done the delink/change from corp plan to consumer plan a few times.

Migration team member I spoke to on Sunday is back on Wednesday and she promised to call me to finalize immigration over to Koodo. Plus I may bring 2-3 additional lines to Koodo to get extra 10% off. Long Koodo thread here at RFD if you want to read up on it. Other than customer support, I believe my Koodo plan will essentially be the same as what I current have with Telus except more data plus possibly 1000 LD minutes.
Sep 30, 2013
35 posts
13 upvotes
Can I know which province are you in?
Speedy1 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 5:43 pm
Just finalized my switch over from Telus corp plan to Koodo. BYOD $48 per month, unltd Cdn calls, 1,000 LD minutes, 5 GB, etc. vs corp plan of $55 per month and 3 GB which I had been on almost 2 yrs. It's a no brainer.

Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1850 posts
1056 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
The deals being mentioned here are still worse than everyone can get with Public Mobile, what am I missing?
Nov 24, 2011
722 posts
411 upvotes
Ottawa
BeapChastard wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 9:32 am
The deals being mentioned here are still worse than everyone can get with Public Mobile, what am I missing?
Can you get subsidized devices on PM? No. Just stop.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1850 posts
1056 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Nikkuh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 9:38 am
Can you get subsidized devices on PM? No. Just stop.
You do realize those "subsidized" devices actually end up costing you more than if you bought it outright with public mobile? The only difference is you pay for it over time instead of all at once. But hey, I hold Telus stock so I'm not complaining. Thanks for making me richer. :)
Sep 30, 2013
35 posts
13 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 9:53 am
You do realize those "subsidized" devices actually end up costing you more than if you bought it outright with public mobile? The only difference is you pay for it over time instead of all at once. But hey, I hold Telus stock so I'm not complaining. Thanks for making me richer. :)
Not really pay more, it depends on which phone you want.
Take iPhone 7 plus 32G for example, I get the 63/mo plan with 300 local daytime (it is enough for me) and 4 G data with Telus, with iPhone 7 plus 250 upfront (Black Friday prom).
so for 2 years,
63*24+250=1762,
But if you buy iPhone 7 Plus and go with PM,
1049(7plus)+40*24=2009.
So basically, I save 240 by going with Telus corp.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6197 posts
1908 upvotes
Montreal
iPhone 7 Matte Black 32GB show as $100 (instead of $400, so $300 off).

Other iPhone 7 Matte Black are regular price.
No stock of iPhone 7 Plus so I can't see if there are rebates.

Still $400 off rebates for new activations on other phones that I see.
Jul 22, 2010
831 posts
147 upvotes
toronto
Quick question, let's say you get a new iphone 7 from Telus and don't activate it/insert the telus sim. Can you insert a sim card from another carrier (fido/rogers etc) to get it to work or is it already locked to telus? I've heard that phones aren't locked until the first sim is inserted. Correct me if i'm wrong! If so, what's the best way around this problem besides the 90 day wait period?

Telus does say: Your device is shipped active. Billing will start at the point of activation..." does this mean the phone is already locked to telus for sure?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
Scavos wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 10:09 am
Quick question, let's say you get a new iphone 7 from Telus and don't activate it/insert the telus sim. Can you insert a sim card from another carrier (fido/rogers etc) to get it to work or is it already locked to telus? I've heard that phones aren't locked until the first sim is inserted. Correct me if i'm wrong! If so, what's the best way around this problem besides the 90 day wait period?

Telus does say: Your device is shipped active. Billing will start at the point of activation..." does this mean the phone is already locked to telus for sure?
All devices are carrier locked before you get them. The only ones that are not are the ones purchased from bestbuy or Apple directly
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
Been checking out smartcell.ca and clearwest.ca and they are both advertising 1 & 2 GB for $17.50 and 2.5 & 4 GB for $24.50. Those are the after 30% discount prices to go along with one of the 3 voice plans. Must be a holiday special. I tried calling Telus Corporate and they won't let me change my plan as they said I would have to renew to take advantage of these promotional plans. I don't need a phone for now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6197 posts
1908 upvotes
Montreal
good deal bc wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 1:30 am
Wow! Did not see that yet. What site?
EDIT:
As of today Dec 7, 2016, all colors of iPhone 7 (32 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB) have the $300 off rebate for new activations.

Insist on your rep for checking, because the promo changed today. A rep was telling me I was wrong, until I insisted enough that she looked at her system "another time".

I had ordered a Matte Black iPhone 7 128 GB for wife with $300 rebate, changed for Silver iPhone 7 128 GB... she wanted Silver so I am happy she will have it, nice surprise.