[Telus Mobility] Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2017 2:58 am
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1846 posts
202 upvotes
North Vancouver
try use gobc-epp code in clearwest .............$70 for unlimited+2.5gb premium plan? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes, now looks like there's no point to sign up corp plan anymore, better go for Telus SMB plan get $300+ bill credit instead
gong_8 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2016 10:38 am
I used SmartCell 2 years ago when I signed up. Had no problems dealing with them. But since I am in British Columbia and they are in Ontario, I thought I try out a local branch. Found Clearwest that is based out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. Haven't tried them yet. I'm not in a hurry to renew since the price of the phones are high.

If you're a federal employee, I know goc-epp works under corporate employee purchase.

I've tried random passwords for provincial government.

British Columbia - gobc-epp
Alberta - goa-epp
Ontario - goo-epp
Nov 10, 2011
273 posts
54 upvotes
Burnaby
ecgz88 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 2:22 pm
try use gobc-epp code in clearwest .............$70 for unlimited+2.5gb premium plan? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes, now looks like there's no point to sign up corp plan anymore, better go for Telus SMB plan get $300+ bill credit instead
I think there is a promotion for that price you can get 4 GB of data along with nationwide minutes.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3775 posts
265 upvotes
BC
gong_8 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 12:24 am
I think there is a promotion for that price you can get 4 GB of data along with nationwide minutes.
Correct, I see the same thing on there
Nov 10, 2011
273 posts
54 upvotes
Burnaby
But its only on new and renewing activations because I've tried for BYOP and they won't do it.
Jan 17, 2017
1 posts
Does anyone know of any data promos through SmartCell coming up? Hopefully for the 7GB?
Jan 20, 2010
195 posts
14 upvotes
I have signed up for when there is not promotion going on for 1gb data option for $17.50/m. Just wondering when the next time they are running this promotion, can I call Telus to switch to this promotion price? like the promotion during boxing day for $17.50 for 2g?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5663 posts
1489 upvotes
Montreal
gamebird wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 10:26 am
I have signed up for when there is not promotion going on for 1gb data option for $17.50/m. Just wondering when the next time they are running this promotion, can I call Telus to switch to this promotion price? like the promotion during boxing day for $17.50 for 2g?
YMMV, you should certainly try.

When they reduced the price of 6GB plans in Quebec, coworker was able to get price reduced.

When they offered a special promo for a 7GB plan, same worker was not able to get plan switched from 6GB to 7GB... Telus said the 7GB plan offer was only for new activations or renewals.
Mar 25, 2009
344 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
doberman_baby wrote:
Mar 5th, 2016 11:39 am
Robbers just as bad. If you have an old plan, just keep it and better to buy own phone outright (unlocked too).

I'm currently on a RBC EPP with TELUS (6GB for $50) which ends later this year. What happens at the end of the Telus EPP contract? Am I being automatically switched to a month-to-month and the $50 contract fee is being grandfathered? Or will I be forced to choose one of their horrible EPP plans they have right now? any insight / tips appreciated !!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5663 posts
1489 upvotes
Montreal
mcfrugal wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 1:49 pm
I'm currently on a RBC EPP with TELUS (6GB for $50) which ends later this year. What happens at the end of the Telus EPP contract? Am I being automatically switched to a month-to-month and the $50 contract fee is being grandfathered? Or will I be forced to choose one of their horrible EPP plans they have right now? any insight / tips appreciated !!!
You should be switch automatically "month to month' / no contract
No guarantee they won't ever raise price (Rogers did it), but you should be able to keep it for some time.
Mar 25, 2009
344 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
cashinstinct wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 4:52 pm
You should be switch automatically "month to month' / no contract
No guarantee they won't ever raise price (Rogers did it), but you should be able to keep it for some time.

has anyone here recently been able to get a BYOD discount when switching from a corporate plan (EPP) to MTM?
Nov 10, 2011
273 posts
54 upvotes
Burnaby
mcfrugal wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 3:54 pm
has anyone here recently been able to get a BYOD discount when switching from a corporate plan (EPP) to MTM?
I went from $63 to $52.50. 300 daytime minutes and 2.5 GB of data. Of course, I'm on their shared plans. Since you seem to be on an old corporate plan they might not give you a BYOP discount.
Oct 25, 2005
200 posts
77 upvotes
good deal bc wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 12:28 am
But you need to look past that at the savings you were going to get versus someone that cannot get the employee plan. You have to keep in mind that everything is a manual process and very time-consuming. You are getting at least an hour or two of someone's day setting this up for you. If you were seeing anyone else in the service industry, you would be paying them for their time - like a plumber, electrician, dentist, Dr., etc.
I know this is an old post but, an HOUR or TWO?
That is utter BS

I worked on corp accounts for Bell for years
If it is a premade plan it takes no longer than a store activation (there is 1 or 2 extra boxes to fill in, that's it)
If it is a custom account (on Bell needed 15+ lines to do this) it takes like a month as contract is reviewed by all relevant parties + lawyers

All of these online deals are premade and already built
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3775 posts
265 upvotes
BC
kav2001c wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 10:52 pm
I know this is an old post but, an HOUR or TWO?
That is utter BS

I worked on corp accounts for Bell for years
If it is a premade plan it takes no longer than a store activation (there is 1 or 2 extra boxes to fill in, that's it)
If it is a custom account (on Bell needed 15+ lines to do this) it takes like a month as contract is reviewed by all relevant parties + lawyers

All of these online deals are premade and already built
Actually you have no idea..... TELUS EPP activations and most renewals you need to call into their support lines to do. Depending on the time of day, the day in the week, there is up to a 90+ minute wait time.... but sometimes you get thru faster. You then have to give them all the info over the phone, they put you on hold while they do it. You then either get an email of the contract or you have to manually get it from the TELUS internal site. You then have to get it all setup to ship and invoice, etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3775 posts
265 upvotes
BC
Deals for February:

1) TELUS will offer up to $400 incremental hardware credit on new activations with the new Your Choice EPP rate plans (available to both primary and add-a-line subscribers), effective January 1-February 28, 2017. ** EXCLUDES iPhone 7 and 7 Plus (see new offer below for certain iPhone 7 Models) and Google Pixel or Pixel XL models.

2) $300 hardware credit on select iPhone 7 & & Plus on 2yr Your Choice EPP activations - effective effective January 1-February 28, 2017 select iPhone 7 models will be eligible to receive a $300 hardware credit. The following iPhone 7 models are eligible for the $300 hardware credit on Your Choice EPP activations:

-iPhone 7 (All Colours and Sizes)
-iPhone 7 Plus (32GB Matte Black)

Other iPhone 7 Plus devices are not eligible for any additional EPP hardware discount until further notice.
**iPhone 7 offer is not valid in Manitoba or Saskatchewan until further notice.

3) Up to $500 Samsung S7 Edge on 2yr Your Choice EPP activations - TELUS will offer up to $500 incremental hardware credit for Samsung S7 Edge on new activations with the new Your Choice EPP rate plans (available to both primary and add-a-line subscribers), effective January 1-February 28, 2017.