Apr 29, 2008
5801 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
good deal bc wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 11:59 pm
-iPhone 7 Plus (32GB Matte Black)
Thanks for sharing.

My Quebec corp dealer does not show any rebate on iPhone 7 Plus 32GB Matte Black this month. Strange.

Anyway, I thought about doing a comprise and getting only a 32GB device, but I would regret it later.

Will probably wait for next iPhone "Plus" now, since they seem to have supply issues with 7 Plus and do not need to offer any rebate.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2499 posts
1551 upvotes
Pickering, ON
good deal bc wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 11:59 pm
Deals for February:

1) TELUS will offer up to $400 incremental hardware credit on new activations with the new Your Choice EPP rate plans (available to both primary and add-a-line subscribers), effective January 1-February 28, 2017. ** EXCLUDES iPhone 7 and 7 Plus (see new offer below for certain iPhone 7 Models) and Google Pixel or Pixel XL models.

2) $300 hardware credit on select iPhone 7 & & Plus on 2yr Your Choice EPP activations - effective effective January 1-February 28, 2017 select iPhone 7 models will be eligible to receive a $300 hardware credit. The following iPhone 7 models are eligible for the $300 hardware credit on Your Choice EPP activations:

-iPhone 7 (All Colours and Sizes)
-iPhone 7 Plus (32GB Matte Black)

Other iPhone 7 Plus devices are not eligible for any additional EPP hardware discount until further notice.
**iPhone 7 offer is not valid in Manitoba or Saskatchewan until further notice.

3) Up to $500 Samsung S7 Edge on 2yr Your Choice EPP activations - TELUS will offer up to $500 incremental hardware credit for Samsung S7 Edge on new activations with the new Your Choice EPP rate plans (available to both primary and add-a-line subscribers), effective January 1-February 28, 2017.
Hi,

Sorry, noob question. Trying to get on an EPP plan. Whats the best way of doing so?

Thanks
#WeTheNorth
Oct 25, 2005
263 posts
96 upvotes
good deal bc wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 11:55 pm
Actually you have no idea..... TELUS EPP activations and most renewals you need to call into their support lines to do. Depending on the time of day, the day in the week, there is up to a 90+ minute wait time.... but sometimes you get thru faster. You then have to give them all the info over the phone, they put you on hold while they do it. You then either get an email of the contract or you have to manually get it from the TELUS internal site. You then have to get it all setup to ship and invoice, etc.
Obviously I am not counting the hold times to get to a rep as part of the "manual labour" time
Most corp accounts require email anyways as they want copy of your employee ID + signature (although I have seen some without physically sign, they mail the contract and ask to mail back signed)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3804 posts
276 upvotes
BC
zaidyboy wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 2:27 pm
Hi,

Sorry, noob question. Trying to get on an EPP plan. Whats the best way of doing so?

Thanks
What company do you work for?
Nov 10, 2011
308 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby
For renewals it's a game of who can hold out longer. It is obvious, that renewals won't get any discount on a phone than if it was a new activation. I for one am not going to pay $400 for a phone that a new customer can get for $0. Just hold on to the BYOP price plan until I have to get a new phone. But I did notice during the Christmas time the price for 4 GB of data is the same price for 2.5 GB of data. So if I have to get a new phone I hope it can last until the next promotion like that. There is no give. I tried calling them and they wouldn't move on anything except for what you see. It never got into a heated argument about how long I've been a customer. Just keep trying every few months to see if there can be a better deal. I believe it will never happen unless people are willing to leave their current cell phone provider.
Jan 20, 2010
207 posts
15 upvotes
gong_8 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 1:51 pm
For renewals it's a game of who can hold out longer. It is obvious, that renewals won't get any discount on a phone than if it was a new activation. I for one am not going to pay $400 for a phone that a new customer can get for $0. Just hold on to the BYOP price plan until I have to get a new phone. But I did notice during the Christmas time the price for 4 GB of data is the same price for 2.5 GB of data. So if I have to get a new phone I hope it can last until the next promotion like that. There is no give. I tried calling them and they wouldn't move on anything except for what you see. It never got into a heated argument about how long I've been a customer. Just keep trying every few months to see if there can be a better deal. I believe it will never happen unless people are willing to leave their current cell phone provider.
Can't you just switch to another ISP when you are done for your 2 yrs, and stayed there for couple months. Until a good promotion plan comes out, then switch back as a new customer?
Nov 10, 2011
308 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby
gamebird wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 2:41 pm
Can't you just switch to another ISP when you are done for your 2 yrs, and stayed there for couple months. Until a good promotion plan comes out, then switch back as a new customer?
I have not read or heard of anyone successfully leave Telus (after contract ended) for another company and then go back to Telus and get the lower phone price. I would assume you would have to be gone at least 6 months before you can come back and activate a new contract and get a lower price phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3647 posts
777 upvotes
gamebird wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 2:41 pm
ISP as in internet service provider??

This thread is for cell phone.

I completed my 3 yr contract ($70 per month plus tax) and went on month to month after contract at $55 per month for about 11 months on same plan (3 GB and unltd Canada calling).

Then switched over to Koodo (which is owned by telus) over xmas 2016 for $48 per month every thing is same except I get 5 GB now. No brainer to switch. Got referral promo for $50 credit (think it was $50). Month to month so I can go somewhere else without penalty. Still using my iPhone 5S. No charge for sim card or anything to switch to Koodo.

When iPhone 8 comes out, I may switch back to Telus for promo.
Last edited by Speedy1 on Feb 8th, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
720 posts
295 upvotes
gong_8 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 3:52 pm
I have not read or heard of anyone successfully leave Telus (after contract ended) for another company and then go back to Telus and get the lower phone price. I would assume you would have to be gone at least 6 months before you can come back and activate a new contract and get a lower price phone.
I did it this year, was with another carrier for 4 months then went back.. since Telus doesn't seem to think current clients are interested in deals on renewals, its a total joke.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3804 posts
276 upvotes
BC
The S7 and S7 Edge are on sale for upgrades & renewals for a limited time!

S7 is $100 and S7 Edge is $150
Nov 10, 2011
308 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby
Roarke wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 1:55 pm
I did it this year, was with another carrier for 4 months then went back.. since Telus doesn't seem to think current clients are interested in deals on renewals, its a total joke.
Thanks for your post. You are the first person to post this type of situation. Glad to hear that you can do it after 4 months. Was thinking about going to Fido for a few months and then come back under a new activation.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3804 posts
276 upvotes
BC
gong_8 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 4:18 pm
Thanks for your post. You are the first person to post this type of situation. Glad to hear that you can do it after 4 months. Was thinking about going to Fido for a few months and then come back under a new activation.
Actually existing EPP clients are to call into corporate support at TELUS (18006726095) and talk to the billing department. The reps can give loyalty discounts based on your account.
Nov 10, 2011
308 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby
good deal bc wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 5:46 pm
Actually existing EPP clients are to call into corporate support at TELUS (18006726095) and talk to the billing department. The reps can give loyalty discounts based on your account.
They won't, I've tried a few time since my contract ended in November.
Mar 7, 2011
720 posts
295 upvotes
good deal bc wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 2:35 pm
The S7 and S7 Edge are on sale for upgrades & renewals for a limited time!

S7 is $100 and S7 Edge is $150
Okay but they're free for new activations.. stop wasting our time.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

storiesinvancouver