[Telus Mobility] Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 11:29 am
May 1, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
Nguygie wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:32 pm
Which company / government organization do you work for?
I work for the Town so Municipal Government
Jan 24, 2013
193 posts
55 upvotes
Ontario
Onedealatatime wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:04 pm
I work for the Town so Municipal Government
You can login to either of these sites and build your plan/ pick your phone. You'll be asked to submit proof of government employment such as a scanned copy of your paystub or ID badge. I've only used Clearwest before and was happy with their service, no experience with Smartcell so can't comment on them.

Clearwest.ca --> EPP Login: goo-epp

Smartcell.ca--> corporate username: corp employee password: wireless
Last edited by Nguygie on Mar 13th, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1853 posts
206 upvotes
North Vancouver
After 2 year contract ends, Can I call Telus retention to get better offer for the phones/plan or phone price is fixed?
Nguygie wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 3:06 pm
You can login to either of these sites and build your plan/ pick your phone. You'll be asked to submit proof of government employment such as a scanned copy of your paystub or ID badge. I've only used Clearwest before and was happy with their service, no experience with Smartcell so can't comment on them.

Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3782 posts
270 upvotes
BC
ecgz88 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:49 pm
After 2 year contract ends, Can I call Telus retention to get better offer for the phones/plan or phone price is fixed?
Yes
May 1, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
Nguygie wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you for your help!
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3782 posts
270 upvotes
BC
JeffGWilson wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:11 pm
Does anyone know the current deal on the S7 Edge?
Login posted above...

It looks like $50 and a free wireless charger
Nov 10, 2011
290 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
JeffGWilson wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:50 pm
It's asking me for proof of employment. Can I bypass that?
You can't qualify for a corporate plan if you don't provide relevant information.
Dec 9, 2006
197 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
ecgz88 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:49 pm
good deal bc wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 2:04 am
Yes
I've been trying every month ever since my contract ended in November for a better plan and the CSR always tells me they have no power to do anything other than the plans on the website. Finally got the amazing BYOD US/Can plan, hopefully they don't have terms and conditions where they can cancel the plan if you are not in Canada more then 50% of the time over a 3 month period like Freedom Mobile.
Nov 10, 2011
290 posts
56 upvotes
Burnaby
DaHonga wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:52 am
I've been trying every month ever since my contract ended in November for a better plan and the CSR always tells me they have no power to do anything other than the plans on the website. Finally got the amazing BYOD US/Can plan, hopefully they don't have terms and conditions where they can cancel the plan if you are not in Canada more then 50% of the time over a 3 month period like Freedom Mobile.
Under the terms and conditions #5, the only thing I read is that you must remain a Canadian resident.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1853 posts
206 upvotes
North Vancouver
BYOD US/Can plan, where's the link?
DaHonga wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:52 am
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3782 posts
270 upvotes
BC
ecgz88 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 7:32 pm
BYOD US/Can plan, where's the link?
At the top this page, there are two sites. I see it on both
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1853 posts
206 upvotes
North Vancouver
You mean this? tha't CAN call to US only not included US roaming

Unlimited Canada & USA Calling - Primary Line (New Activation - No Contract - SIM Card) $42.00 per month more info
2.5GB of Shareable Data - Primary Line (New Activation - No Contract - SIM Card) $24.50 per month more info
good deal bc wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 1:46 am
At the top this page, there are two sites. I see it on both
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1166 posts
1788 upvotes
Toronto
ecgz88 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 1:58 pm
You mean this? tha't CAN call to US only not included US roaming
When you click on plan details does it say this:

TELUS is offering a new Your Choice plan option that includes free roaming in the US, and unlimited calling and texting from Canada to the US

The Your Choice Canada-US plan allows the subscriber with this voice option to enjoy:

 Data usage in Canada and the US (according to data bucket/shared bucket on account)

 Unlimited calling in the US to US and Canadian phone numbers

 Unlimited Texting in the US to the US or Canadian phone numbers

 Unlimited calling and texting from Canada to the US phone numbers

 Taxes extra, standard data overage rates apply