• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2019 7:14 am
Jan 20, 2011
967 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
inc188 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 12:27 pm
This plan is sick but you have to be a govt employee?
This plan is NO WHERE NEAR SICK!
I have last years 60$ unl canada wide everything except 3gb of data with telus and got half my htc m7 paid.
My wife has 45$ unl canada 1gb data with fido.

70$ is a total scam.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Banned
Mar 13, 2014
76 posts
20 upvotes
AFG786 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2015 2:46 am
So I can take in a friend who works for the government has a completely different last name and address as me and sign up under a government plan (on my name?)?
No, the plan has to go under the name of the govt employee
Sep 1, 2012
63 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
is it any good for Ontario.. ??

$53.10 plus taxes per month and would include the following:

- Unlimited minutes
- Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to any mobile number around the world
- Unlimited Canadian long distance
- 2 GB of data (Over usage rate: $10/500MB)
- Call Display
- Voicemail (3 messages)
- Circle Calling™
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4548 posts
1245 upvotes
AFG786 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2015 2:46 am
So I can take in a friend who works for the government has a completely different last name and address as me and sign up under a government plan (on my name?)?
I think it has to be under the name of the person who works for the govt. Bill will likely be mailed to your friend as well. I did mine under my wife's name so it wasn't a problem at all. You can easily call and check with authorized telus dealer for this. I think there are only 3-4 authorized dealers in Lower Mainland for this. Not all Telus cell dealers (even telus corp stores) can do this. One major dealer is Apex Wireless. Some may want a doc or admin fee (~$30) which I would negotiate or try to avoid.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2144 posts
944 upvotes
Victoria
krarvind wrote:
Jan 30th, 2015 12:57 am
It seems bank employees have it pretty good when it comes to plans with TELUS. I pay $45 + HST for this

Plan

Rate Plan: CIBC Voice 350
Cost per month $20.00/mo.
Included with your plan
Canadian LD @ $0.00 upto 350 mins
Canadian LD @ $0.10 over 350 mins
SMS Unlimited
Extended Unltd. Nights & Wknds 5 p.m or 6 p.m not sure
Text Messaging Services
TELUS to TELUS
SPARK Sampler
US Roam Air @0.40
Conference Calling
Call Display
Call Forward PPU Access
Advanced Voice Mail
Air Minute Pooling
Call Forward Pay Per Use

Add-ons

International Calling On $0.00/mo.
Corp $25 PDA CanUS Data $25.00/mo.
NFC Digital Container Active $0.00/mo.
International Voice Roaming $0.00/mo.
International Data Roaming $0.00/mo.
Call Waiting $0.00/mo.

No tethering in this but unlimited NA Data, if you want tethering, it's $50 and 6GB Canadian Data vs Unlimited NA data. BYOD means no contract. You can only order via the internal system and has to be in employee's name. This will not work if you need unlimited calling.
I don't know how fantastic that actually is. Can't you get the same from Koodo? Not much data there. Nice roaming rate though.
Jul 16, 2009
116 posts
23 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
TELUSguy wrote:
Jan 29th, 2015 10:42 pm
Doesn't say Toronto city employees anywhere on there. It only says Ontario Provincial govt.....

Don't mislead!
Hi TELUSguy,

Do you work for Telus? I have had a Telus consumer account for years and just recently heard that I would be eligible for a Corporate Plan as a Federal Government Employee through SmartCell.ca. There is also a plan (same plan) for PIPSC employees which is a union of workers who work for the Federal Government. I sent an email to Telus directly and the person i sent it to found a GOCEPP plan. I know of lots of co-workers who have Rogers Corp Plans, but I don't know anyone who has received one of these Telus plans yet. As Rogers is a far more superior plan I don't know if anyone would bother. :)
Koodo 6 GB $45 + 4GB Bonus for 24 months
Telus Optik $40 - Pick 8 & Movies combo/$35 Internet 75
Banned
Mar 13, 2014
76 posts
20 upvotes
Lyn2009 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2015 12:57 am
Hi TELUSguy,

Do you work for Telus? I have had a Telus consumer account for years and just recently heard that I would be eligible for a Corporate Plan as a Federal Government Employee through SmartCell.ca. There is also a plan (same plan) for PIPSC employees which is a union of workers who work for the Federal Government. I sent an email to Telus directly and the person i sent it to found a GOCEPP plan. I know of lots of co-workers who have Rogers Corp Plans, but I don't know anyone who has received one of these Telus plans yet. As Rogers is a far more superior plan I don't know if anyone would bother. :)
Yes I do. Where are you located?
Jul 16, 2009
116 posts
23 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
TELUSguy wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 12:35 am
Yes I do. Where are you located?
I live in BC.
Koodo 6 GB $45 + 4GB Bonus for 24 months
Telus Optik $40 - Pick 8 & Movies combo/$35 Internet 75
Dec 10, 2004
772 posts
64 upvotes
YEG
You only need proof of employment with GoA to get the rate. Do you have an ID card that says Government of Alberta? If so, that should be enough. You have to go to the business Telus stores though, can't just waltz into your mall Telus stores.
Phlav wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 6:33 am
Hi, was just wondering if you have any tips on getting this plan. I work for the gaming and liquor commission and we do not have access to GOA myagent without special permission even though it does show up in our intranet. And I don't think systems would approve me for this purpose. Any help would be appreciated and I do have all the credentials and identification needed to prove that I am an employee.

Looking to switch over in a few months as my 3 year plan will be running out soon.
Banned
Mar 13, 2014
76 posts
20 upvotes
Phlav wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 6:33 am
Hi, was just wondering if you have any tips on getting this plan. I work for the gaming and liquor commission and we do not have access to GOA myagent without special permission even though it does show up in our intranet. And I don't think systems would approve me for this purpose. Any help would be appreciated and I do have all the credentials and identification needed to prove that I am an employee.

Looking to switch over in a few months as my 3 year plan will be running out soon.
As long as it is in your intranet you should be good. PM me when you are ready and I can put you in touch with locations that can do the GOA plans
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
Work for Canada Post

Got my account switched to corporate through Smartcell. Typed in Canada Post in employee purchase box ( that is after no one at work or Smartcell could tell me what the pin # is). Filled out form hoping it would work.
Got the $60 plan (got u/l nationwide as a promo, it's now 250 minutes)
Got the HTC One M8 for $150 (was supposed to be $200) after I begged the guy that called me to get my credit card #.
Now pay $67.20 for a really good plan that works for me and a new phone (had HTC One V).
Got a separate phone # to call Telus when I need something done (dedicated corporate phone line)
Person at Telus said that if I ever quit/leave or get fired from Canada Post, I can continue to keep the plan as long as I don't renew to get a new phone. In other words she said they won't hunt you down.
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
Lyn2009 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2015 12:57 am
Hi TELUSguy,

What is the Rogers Plan?
Apr 9, 2009
465 posts
504 upvotes
Calgary
Cospa wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 6:48 pm
You only need proof of employment with GoA to get the rate. Do you have an ID card that says Government of Alberta? If so, that should be enough. You have to go to the business Telus stores though, can't just waltz into your mall Telus stores.
TELUSguy wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2015 9:46 pm
As long as it is in your intranet you should be good. PM me when you are ready and I can put you in touch with locations that can do the GOA plans
Thanks guys for the info. Now my dilemma since my bell contract runs out this September is to either look for someone to take over my bell contract or wait it out til then.

Telusguy, are you able to confirm or deny the rate that was posted? I understand if you are not allowed to discuss it in an open forum or send me a PM if possible.

Thanks again