Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Canada-Wide Corporate Cell Plan for Govt Employees

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 2:03 am
Dec 10, 2004
842 posts
103 upvotes
YEG
Here's the GoA Telus plan. It was super handy when I'm in the states. Most people don't data roam because of the price but with this plan it's only $0.15/MB. For light users this is also a good plan because if you use it as a paperweight it'll be $7/month

[QUOTE]Monthly Base Charge
$7.00

Weekday Minutes (capped at 1000 minutes = $10.00)
$0.01/minute

Unlimited Eve/Weekends from 6pm
$2.00

Can-to-Can LD (capped at 250 minutes =$5.00)
$0.02/minute

Can-to-US LD (capped at 250 minutes =$10.00)
$0.04/minute

US-to-Can/US LD (capped at 100 minutes = $10.00)
$0.10/minute

US Voice Roaming (no cap and will be charged in addition to the US-to Can/US LD rate above)
$0.10/minute

SMS within Canada (capped at 125 messages = $2.50) All incoming SMS are charged at $0.00
$0.02/message

MMS Picture and Video messaging (no cap)
$0.25/message

SMS within the US (capped at 100 messages = $5.00)
$0.05/message

Data usage within Canada (capped at 667MB = $20.00
$0.03/MB

Data usage within the US
$0.15/MB

Directory Assistance (411)
$2.50/call[/QUOTE]

This most important part of the contract is this term:
[QUOTE]Caps do not prevent further usage for voice, data, text etc, with this offer and any additional usage above the caps is billed at no charge, $0.00. Tethering is included with this offer.[/QUOTE]

That means the cap is a price cap, not a usage cap
Mar 6, 2006
466 posts
118 upvotes
Kelowna
I called in for my wife as well but couldn't get a hold of anyone that knows this deal. She is a municipal employee for a small municipality in BC. They said I would need a code from her work. She is asking at her work but no luck yet, and probably not likely as they are very small. Who do I call at Telus? Should I be selecting business or personal when prompted? The agent suggested I go to the Telus store, I will try that today.
Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Cospa wrote: Here's the GoA Telus plan. It was super handy when I'm in the states. Most people don't data roam because of the price but with this plan it's only $0.15/MB. For light users this is also a good plan because if you use it as a paperweight it'll be $7/month

This most important part of the contract is this term:

That means the cap is a price cap, not a usage cap
This plan sounds fantastic! I'm a teacher in Alberta--would this count as gov't employee? If so, how can I direct the Telus phone rep to the right plan (is there a code, etc)?
Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2750 upvotes
Vancouver
I was actually told by the Telus corporate sales rep that a regular Telus store would not know anything about this.

Telus corporate sales rep said to go to a authorized corp sales dealer (like Apex communication or Tom Harris Cellular).

Telus corporate sales rep's name is Mustajab Khan (604 837 2214 or 1 866 908 7586).
weekendwally wrote: I called in for my wife as well but couldn't get a hold of anyone that knows this deal. She is a municipal employee for a small municipality in BC. They said I would need a code from her work. She is asking at her work but no luck yet, and probably not likely as they are very small. Who do I call at Telus? Should I be selecting business or personal when prompted? The agent suggested I go to the Telus store, I will try that today.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Cospa wrote: ... For light users this is also a good plan because if you use it as a paperweight it'll be $7/month
Wouldn't it be a minimum of $9.00/month? Would they not charge the $2.00 for unlimited eve/weekend regardless of whether you use it or not?
Jan 21, 2014
1 posts
Calgary
Rogido wrote: Wouldn't it be a minimum of $9.00/month? Would they not charge the $2.00 for unlimited eve/weekend regardless of whether you use it or not?
The 2.00 is optional if you want that feature you tell them when signing up. I signed up for this plan recently its such an awesome plan. Going from paying $60-$70 a month and if I went past the cap on everything in this new GOA plan, I would be paying only $45 max
Love it!
Mar 29, 2013
134 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey guys,

I don't really understand the formatting on the first two posts. What is the $50 telus plan like vs the rogers $50?

From what I understand it's 350 min and 1gb on the telus side vs 350 min and 5gb data on the rogers side?

Thanks!
May 8, 2008
102 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I can tell you right now the telus government plans are absolute garbage.

If you are part of OPSEU in Ontario, go with Bell and Baka wireless. Much better plans.

The 3 year contract, $50 plan is the best. 5GB data, 350 weekday minutes, 1000 incoming minutes, bell to bell calling, 250 CDN long distance minutes, and more....

P8ragon wrote: Hey guys,

I don't really understand the formatting on the first two posts. What is the $50 telus plan like vs the rogers $50?

From what I understand it's 350 min and 1gb on the telus side vs 350 min and 5gb data on the rogers side?

Thanks!
Jul 14, 2014
1 posts
Trois-Rivieres, QC
Would Military be considered a government employee and have access to this plan?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
Dano22 wrote: Would Military be considered a government employee and have access to this plan?
No, Only provincial employees and military is federal.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
imacheepjew wrote: I can tell you right now the telus government plans are absolute garbage.

If you are part of OPSEU in Ontario, go with Bell and Baka wireless. Much better plans.

The 3 year contract, $50 plan is the best. 5GB data, 350 weekday minutes, 1000 incoming minutes, bell to bell calling, 250 CDN long distance minutes, and more....
You're not comparing apples to apples. TELUS has a two year employee offer and Rogers and Bell are offering three-year plans. They Are circumventing the CRTC regulation about three-year terms
May 3, 2011
347 posts
127 upvotes
Roger's 3-year plan have a 2-year upgrade cycle, so it's the same as a 2 year contract
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1977 posts
1206 upvotes
Narkham
OPSEU plans are no longer 3 years, nor do they have the $50 5gb data plan. If anyone is interested I am offering 2 gov plans, $60-3gb/ $70-5gb. Same as OP's telus plan.
May 26, 2011
126 posts
5 upvotes
RICHMOND
If there's Telus or Roger's sale rep out there, let me know what's my best option. I am a VCH employee. I know I am eligible for the $60 plan with 3gb data. Telus is offering me $150 port in credit as well. Can I lower my price with a $5 credit? PM your offers. Looking for the iphone 6.
Mar 7, 2011
726 posts
345 upvotes
marcuslo721 wrote: If there's Telus or Roger's sale rep out there, let me know what's my best option. I am a VCH employee. I know I am eligible for the $60 plan with 3gb data. Telus is offering me $150 port in credit as well. Can I lower my price with a $5 credit? PM your offers. Looking for the iphone 6.

This isn't how it works.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1861 posts
145 upvotes
Not sure what $5 credit you are talking about but Telus said no port in credits and the $5 bundling services discount only applies to consumer plans.
Nov 3, 2007
210 posts
9 upvotes
marcuslo721 wrote: If there's Telus or Roger's sale rep out there, let me know what's my best option. I am a VCH employee. I know I am eligible for the $60 plan with 3gb data. Telus is offering me $150 port in credit as well. Can I lower my price with a $5 credit? PM your offers. Looking for the iphone 6.
^lol
Jan 20, 2012
42 posts
9 upvotes
AURORA
thr333zy wrote: OPSEU plans are no longer 3 years, nor do they have the $50 5gb data plan. If anyone is interested I am offering 2 gov plans, $60-3gb/ $70-5gb. Same as OP's telus plan.
Interested in hearing more about the $70 5GB plan...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2750 upvotes
Vancouver
thr333zy wrote: OPSEU plans are no longer 3 years, nor do they have the $50 5gb data plan. If anyone is interested I am offering 2 gov plans, $60-3gb/ $70-5gb. Same as OP's telus plan.
What do you mean you are offering? Who do you work for?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)