Ongoing Deal Discussion

Telus

(CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2024 4:34 am
Tags:
Nov 27, 2009
124 posts
27 upvotes
Well 1 hour later, here I am signed up with Shaw using Live Chat.

I just signed a 2 year agreement at $69.90 per month for the entire contract which includes

Internet 150
Limited TV (I don't even watch TV, just need it to add Chinese channels for my parents)
Cantonese Pack
+ one time $50 sign-up bill credit

This was compared to paying $141 per month with Telus for the samething.... but with Internet 50.

I just cut my bill by literally 50% and tripled the speed of my internet. #win

Everything was quick, painless and I'm very happy with my new deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1519 posts
2788 upvotes
Thanks to OP. I ended up shaving about $80 off the monthly bill with Telus for a year, no contract. That's good enough for me.
May 11, 2012
237 posts
55 upvotes
So what's the best deal for internet 50 for new customer. It seems 6 mon promo is the best with Tv? Anythig without tv? Or better?
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10715 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
My Telus credits expired a few days ago. Used Shaw/SurfInternet for leverage. Got this:

Internet 150
Home Phone
Essentials + Chinese Super Pack
$88/mo for 1 year, no contract

(first rep I spoke to only offered me $90/mo for 1st year, $128 for 2nd year)
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital user >>
FS: 6TB HDD, Pixel 2, Phanteks LP cooler, free stuff
MY HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Thanks to OP. I ended up shaving about $80 off the monthly bill with Telus for a year, no contract. That's good enough for me.
You are welcome. Almost $1k in savings, nice. Try to spend some of your savings on family!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2304 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver
Happy New years rdf'ers. It didn't work out for me with the manager but such is life. Got to move forward. I am excited to see how Telus fiber is because I LOVE TECHNOLOLGY!!! I thought about it, and some of the things I said on this thread, and I think I got too emotional and probably should have handled it better. I just don't want to start 2017 with such negativity. I thought about it some more and overall even though there has been bumps along the road during my 23 years with Telus, overall, I have been happy with Telus's service otherwise I wouldn't have stayed with them for so long, and they did try to fix the errors that were made. Don't get me wrong, there are areas where improvements can be made, but I think I was a bit unfair in some of my comments. I forgot to listen to my own code that I live by:

1) Give people the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to.
2) Think the best in people, until they give me a reason not to.
3) Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. However, do we acknowledge our mistakes and try to learn from them, or do we hide behind our mistakes, defend, rationalize, and make excuses for them.

And for that I apologize to all those reading this thread, and to Telus as well.

Congrats to all those who have received awesome promos going into 2017. It is going to be an exciting year in the Telecom space.

all the best.
Mar 10, 2008
747 posts
125 upvotes
Also want to know what ia the best deal for new customer?im only need internet 50 and dont need cable and phone. Any advice?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
kyli wrote: Also want to know what ia the best deal for new customer?im only need internet 50 and dont need cable and phone. Any advice?
The best deal is what ever you can mange to get from Telus or Shaw or whoever you decide to go with
Dec 18, 2009
348 posts
53 upvotes
After a few phone calls to Telus today, I think I got a decent deal...

Internet 25 (no "ports" available in my area so can't upgrade, on waiting list)
Home Phone + Caller ID
Essentials Tv + Chinese World Pkg + 3 Theme Packs

All In for $73 (No contract, discounts for 12 months)

Does this sound alright ?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
joey09 wrote: After a few phone calls to Telus today, I think I got a decent deal...

Home Phone + Caller ID

Did you ask what your savings are? If not, perhaps enter all of the items you have on the Telus website and do a comparison. Let us know!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2748 upvotes
Vancouver
Unlimited internet?

If it is, I would rate your deal 8-8.5 out of 10. Discounts for 12 months, no contract is good. Some only get 6 months. Can be a bit of hassle calling them every 6 months and hope you get a decent retention rep.
joey09 wrote: After a few phone calls to Telus today, I think I got a decent deal...

Home Phone + Caller ID

Sep 18, 2006
5 posts
Hello, can somebody give me some advise with the shit customer service with Telus.
Here's my situation. My phone & internet is with Telus, on Dec. 23 my phone went down internet still working, called Telus they said earliest someone can come is on 30th I was ok with that, 30th came I get a call from dispatch saying they can't come until next day, ok fine come tomorrow. Guy came next day worked on the side of house then on the pole, after about a hour he says can't fix they need cable tech. So he left and I tried goin on the net and to my surprise that doesn't work either now... so call Telus and tell them tech came and disconnected something and now not only phone line is down internet is down too and to send someone back rite away to reconnect it, they say they can't call the tech or dispatch and that I have to wait for another appointment and they have no way of contacting them so I escalated to a manager and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone she says sorry she can't do anything and to call the tech (he left his card) so I call and he realizes what happened and says he'll try to come back and reconnect if not he'll come on his day off Jan. 1st.
So I kno he ain't gonna show up on his day off, so I wait until the next day the 2nd and a manager calls and says they'll contact me when cable tech is gonna come, till now no call back and still no service.
Just to note I don't really wanna leave but this is ridiculous, we have 6 people in the house using cell data I do have the retention managers number but I'd like to get advise on what to say when I call back because she mentioned compensation.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2748 upvotes
Vancouver
After it's fixed, talk to a mgr and ask for credit to your account and/or special pricing deal for next 12 months due to terrible inconvenience.

You should get at least 1 month credit but see if you can get more.
lyncht1 wrote: Hello, can somebody give me some advise with the shit customer service with Telus.
Here's my situation. My phone & internet is with Telus, on Dec. 23 my phone went down internet still working, called Telus they said earliest someone can come is on 30th I was ok with that, 30th came I get a call from dispatch saying they can't come until next day, ok fine come tomorrow. Guy came next day worked on the side of house then on the pole, after about a hour he says can't fix they need cable tech. So he left and I tried goin on the net and to my surprise that doesn't work either now... so call Telus and tell them tech came and disconnected something and now not only phone line is down internet is down too and to send someone back rite away to reconnect it, they say they can't call the tech or dispatch and that I have to wait for another appointment and they have no way of contacting them so I escalated to a manager and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone she says sorry she can't do anything and to call the tech (he left his card) so I call and he realizes what happened and says he'll try to come back and reconnect if not he'll come on his day off Jan. 1st.
So I kno he ain't gonna show up on his day off, so I wait until the next day the 2nd and a manager calls and says they'll contact me when cable tech is gonna come, till now no call back and still no service.
Just to note I don't really wanna leave but this is ridiculous, we have 6 people in the house using cell data I do have the retention managers number but I'd like to get advise on what to say when I call back because she mentioned compensation.
Dec 18, 2009
348 posts
53 upvotes
bowmah wrote: Did you ask what your savings are? If not, perhaps enter all of the items you have on the Telus website and do a comparison. Let us know!
(Internet 25-$68 + Home Phone & 1 feature-$25 + Essential Tv-$33 + Chinese Theme Pkg-$15 + 3 Theme Pkg-$27)

$176 - $73 = $103 savings a month

This is month to month for a year and my internet limit is 300GB but I never go over so its not a concern. I am pretty happy about the 12 months. I REALLY hate having to call in every 3-6 months and going through all the bs again.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2304 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow, I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. Telus contacted me and I was moved because the conversation was very sincere and genuine. That lovely lady really listened and was very understanding and compassionate. She doesn't do the actual service changes so I imagine she was from Quality Assurance, Upper Customer Service/Loyalty, or Communications, but she said someone from loyalty was going to contact me and they were going to start anew see what they could do for me. Very fitting for the start of a new year. I ended up getting the loyalty promo from 6 mos. to 12 mos., no contract, and they threw in free unlimited internet, ongoing. They also game me a free them pack for 12 mos. as well. So it all turned out well in the end. This is really going to help me out, financially because it has been a tough few years for me, so I was very grateful.

and yes, OP, I am going to spend some of the savings on my family Smiling Face With Open Mouth

all the best.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
BoombasticSloth wrote: Wow, I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. Telus contacted me and I was moved because the conversation was very sincere and genuine. That lovely lady really listened and was very understanding and compassionate. She doesn't do the actual service changes so I imagine she was from Quality Assurance, Upper Customer Service/Loyalty, or Communications, but she said someone from loyalty was going to contact me and they were going to start anew see what they could do for me. Very fitting for the start of a new year. I ended up getting the loyalty promo from 6 mos. to 12 mos., no contract, and they threw in free unlimited internet, ongoing. They also game me a free them pack for 12 mos. as well. So it all turned out well in the end. This is really going to help me out, financially because it has been a tough few years for me, so I was very grateful.
Wow! I'm SO glad you finally had someone at Telus treat you properly! I'm happy for you.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Dec 17, 2015
385 posts
270 upvotes
Amourek wrote: My Telus credits expired a few days ago. Used Shaw/SurfInternet for leverage. Got this:

Internet 150
Home Phone
Essentials + Chinese Super Pack
$88/mo for 1 year, no contract

(first rep I spoke to only offered me $90/mo for 1st year, $128 for 2nd year)
Is something like this available to first time Telus customers(currently with Shaw)?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
joey09 wrote: (Internet 25-$68 + Home Phone & 1 feature-$25 + Essential Tv-$33 + Chinese Theme Pkg-$15 + 3 Theme Pkg-$27)

$176 - $73 = $103 savings a month

This is month to month for a year and my internet limit is 300GB but I never go over so its not a concern. I am pretty happy about the 12 months. I REALLY hate having to call in every 3-6 months and going through all the bs again.
That is over $1K of savings this year. Congrats! And I will say it again. Be sure to spend some of your savings on family!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
BoombasticSloth wrote: and yes, OP, I am going to spend some of the savings on my family Smiling Face With Open Mouth

all the best.
Nice, and a lol to you! You knew I would probably say that again!