Ongoing Deal Discussion

Telus

(CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:19 pm
Tags:
Feb 17, 2013
35 posts
10 upvotes
Surrey
Been a Telus Optik customer for over 8 years and here is what they offered me to complete with the Shaw deals:

2 Year contract that includes:
You Pick 8 package
Internet 50 with unlimited usage
Upgrade to 4k pvr for free
upgrade wifi router (which was done 3 month ago for me when I moved)
$200 account credit

Price:
First 6 months - $77
Following 6 months - $97
$130 after

Not a shabby deal in my opinion but very similar to what they offer new customers. I will be trying to squeeze a bit more before I sign up again.

Any comments or thoughts?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
438 upvotes
BC
lyncht1 wrote: Hello, can somebody give me some advise with the shit customer service with Telus.
Here's my situation. My phone & internet is with Telus, on Dec. 23 my phone went down internet still working, called Telus they said earliest someone can come is on 30th I was ok with that, 30th came I get a call from dispatch saying they can't come until next day, ok fine come tomorrow. Guy came next day worked on the side of house then on the pole, after about a hour he says can't fix they need cable tech. So he left and I tried goin on the net and to my surprise that doesn't work either now... so call Telus and tell them tech came and disconnected something and now not only phone line is down internet is down too and to send someone back rite away to reconnect it, they say they can't call the tech or dispatch and that I have to wait for another appointment and they have no way of contacting them so I escalated to a manager and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone she says sorry she can't do anything and to call the tech (he left his card) so I call and he realizes what happened and says he'll try to come back and reconnect if not he'll come on his day off Jan. 1st.
So I kno he ain't gonna show up on his day off, so I wait until the next day the 2nd and a manager calls and says they'll contact me when cable tech is gonna come, till now no call back and still no service.
Just to note I don't really wanna leave but this is ridiculous, we have 6 people in the house using cell data I do have the retention managers number but I'd like to get advise on what to say when I call back because she mentioned compensation.
Telus service is hit and miss - I personally can't stand the company and wouldn't touch them with a ten foot...
Go Raptors, Go!
Feb 17, 2008
9 posts
Hi there. After reading these terrific Posts about the price war between Telus and Shaw in BC and Alberta, I phoned Telus. I've been with them for about 2 years just for internet. I've discovered that is all I need. With internet I can usually stream whatever I want if I am patient about looking for what I like in advance. I was paying about $65.00 monthly for average (25/5) internet. After speaking with Telus, I am now paying $55.00 monthly for 100 internet which is similar to Shaw at 150, with 1 Terabyte limit. This is more than I need. I followed the recommendations here calling Telus, speaking with an agent, listening to their offer, and then I politely asked to speak with the Retention Department. It was a very courteous manager that offered me my deal -12 months with no contract. I happened to be with a client at the time who was very patient with me as I spoke with Telus for about 15 minutes in total. I let my client know what I was doing and after she went home, she called Shaw and received the same deal from Shaw, saving her $50 monthly. Thank you for all the help here and yes, I will be putting my savings to family experiences.
Jan 31, 2016
176 posts
88 upvotes
AB
My internet 15 with Shaw is currently $20 per month but my promo period is ending. Is there something similar Telus can offer?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
Are there Telus reps like the shaw reps here?
Jan 16, 2009
523 posts
317 upvotes
Vancouver
Question for those that signed up for TV and Internet:

The rep told me that there's a 2 year agreement, and the discount is only for first 6 months. Do you guys renegotiate after 6 months for TV and Internet prices, or are you forced to pay the regular price for 18 months?
I was offered $50/month for 6 months for basic TV and Internet 15. is that even a good deal?

Also, there's some promo where they give you a free TV or laptop, but the rep said you get no discounts at all. Is that true you won't get any discount at all thru loyalty? What's the deal?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
wayneg9999 wrote: The rep told me that there's a 2 year agreement, and the discount is only for first 6 months. Do you guys renegotiate after 6 months for TV and Internet prices, or are you forced to pay the regular price for 18 months?
You are obligated to pay Telus whatever price they are asking for the 18-month remainder of the term. Your only recourse is to cancel and pay a $15/month penalty for the rest of the term. You are free to call up Telus and see what you can negotiate, but they know that you are on the hook, so your position is weak.
I was offered $50/month for 6 months for basic TV and Internet 15. is that even a good deal?
Medium. My brother was offered $46/month for TV Essentials and Internet 15 for a year, no contract, as an existing customer.
Also, there's some promo where they give you a free TV or laptop, but the rep said you get no discounts at all. Is that true you won't get any discount at all thru loyalty? What's the deal?
The new-customer deal is that you get either a gift or a short-term discount when you sign up for a "service agreement", but not both. As an existing customer you aren't entitled to either, but you may get a short-term discount if you negotiate that when signing up for a new service agreement.
Dec 23, 2015
39 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
joey09 wrote: After a few phone calls to Telus today, I think I got a decent deal...

Internet 25 (no "ports" available in my area so can't upgrade, on waiting list)
Home Phone + Caller ID
Essentials Tv + Chinese World Pkg + 3 Theme Packs

All In for $73 (No contract, discounts for 12 months)

Does this sound alright ?
I had a almost the exact deal to this except I got Unlimited internet added on, and only 1 theme pack. Total was 65 per month for a year.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1225 posts
409 upvotes
calgary
this is what i had 6 months ago. i have to renegotiate again ..just expired
Dec 17, 2015
385 posts
270 upvotes
Any deals out there that include Internet 150 for a new Telus customer? Currently with Shaw, off contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
hockeymatrix wrote: Hi there. After reading these terrific Posts about the price war between Telus and Shaw in BC and Alberta, I phoned Telus. I've been with them for about 2 years just for internet. I've discovered that is all I need. With internet I can usually stream whatever I want if I am patient about looking for what I like in advance. I was paying about $65.00 monthly for average (25/5) internet. After speaking with Telus, I am now paying $55.00 monthly for 100 internet which is similar to Shaw at 150, with 1 Terabyte limit. This is more than I need. I followed the recommendations here calling Telus, speaking with an agent, listening to their offer, and then I politely asked to speak with the Retention Department. It was a very courteous manager that offered me my deal -12 months with no contract. I happened to be with a client at the time who was very patient with me as I spoke with Telus for about 15 minutes in total. I let my client know what I was doing and after she went home, she called Shaw and received the same deal from Shaw, saving her $50 monthly. Thank you for all the help here and yes, I will be putting my savings to family experiences.
lol! I love to hear that. You are very welcome! Now go spend some of your savings on family.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
Just called in for the first time and the first CSR didn't really offer much. Asked if I could speak with someone in retention and she transferred me to loyalty team.

The CSR from the loyalty team first asked if I was happy with my existing 25mbps speed and I said yes (not a heavy user, never near the 300GB limit). He put me on hold for a minute and came back with the following:

Telus25: Currently $63/month -> Offer $30/month
TV Basic: Currently $38/month -> Offer $23/month

Totals: Currently $101/month -> $53/month (12 months, no contract)

I asked if going on a contract would make any difference and he said not really, but could throw in a tv theme pack (which he didn't even recommend to be going onto a contract for).

Thanks OP. That's $576 in savings over the next 12 months for a 10 minute call!
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Aug 6, 2009
905 posts
333 upvotes
joey09 wrote: After a few phone calls to Telus today, I think I got a decent deal...

Internet 25 (no "ports" available in my area so can't upgrade, on waiting list)
Home Phone + Caller ID
Essentials Tv + Chinese World Pkg + 3 Theme Packs

All In for $73 (No contract, discounts for 12 months)

Does this sound alright ?
Hi.. any Telus reps can offer the same or similar plan? Would like to switch from Shaw. Thanks.
Jul 23, 2002
188 posts
73 upvotes
Called in this morning as my 6 month promotional plan has expired:

Offered the following:

Internet 100 with Unlimited Data add-on
TV Essentials plus Sports Theme Pack

For $66.00

Debating the offer, as I really only need Internet 25 - but the rep I spoke to couldn't offer me any deals on Internet 25.
Aug 6, 2009
905 posts
333 upvotes
OfficeGlenn wrote: Called in this morning as my 6 month promotional plan has expired:

Offered the following:

Internet 100 with Unlimited Data add-on
TV Essentials plus Sports Theme Pack

For $66.00

Debating the offer, as I really only need Internet 25 - but the rep I spoke to couldn't offer me any deals on Internet 25.
Is it just a normal CSR that offered you this or a higher level rep?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Just got off the phone with Shaw to change our triple play bundle to this 150 plan. Was told it was for new customers only. Of course, I threatened to move to Telus and got someone from royalty. They offered $10 off the first month so instead of $79.90 for Shaw 150 we will be paying $69.90. Price will go back up to $79.90 the second year. We are keeping premium TV ($93) an the landline for $16. The monthly total will be $178.90 for the first year and $188.90 for the second. We're pretty much paying the same for Shaw 30 right now so it's an excellent free upgrade.

Today is our son's 15th birthday. Just gave him the good news and he's very happy. Thanks OP!
Jul 23, 2002
188 posts
73 upvotes
olwe wrote: Is it just a normal CSR that offered you this or a higher level rep?
I think it was someone in loyalty retentions
Jul 7, 2004
427 posts
246 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: Just got off the phone with Shaw to change our triple play bundle to this 150 plan. Was told it was for new customers only. Of course, I threatened to move to Telus and got someone from royalty. They offered $10 off the first month so instead of $79.90 for Shaw 150 we will be paying $69.90. Price will go back up to $79.90 the second year. We are keeping premium TV ($93) an the landline for $16. The monthly total will be $178.90 for the first year and $188.90 for the second. We're pretty much paying the same for Shaw 30 right now so it's an excellent free upgrade.

Today is our son's 15th birthday. Just gave him the good news and he's very happy. Thanks OP!
I think you did not get a good deal from Shaw if it is on 2 years contract.
If you look at the Shaw new customer bundle without landline:
1st year Internet 150 + Premier TV $99.90
2nd year should be $172.90
Shaw landline can be $10/month with contract.

I spoke with a lady from Shaw last week. She can offer me the new customer bundle even I am not a new customer.
4x Freedom,$32.50 1x Rogers $0, 1x AT&T US$300/year