Ongoing Deal Discussion

Telus

(CRAZY Internet / TV / Phone Price Match Offer with Shaw)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 8:19 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
Telus Student promos are for new customers only. If you are already with Telus give loyalty a call and they will take care of you.

Also keep an eye out for a sweet loyalty promo very soon. Theres gonna be some insane perks for those long time customers!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
karnige wrote: go with a 3rd party. no contracts. uses the big guys infrastructure. end this madness of calling every 6 months.
3rd party companies are great for their value! Just note that there are no Telus fibre to the home (FTTH) resellers out there because they have a grace period for laying out the infrastructure.
Jun 5, 2012
34 posts
52 upvotes
EDMONTON
FWIW, I just called Shaw and asked how long it would take to disconnect my service. The lady asked why and I replied with a few Telus offers that are currently available. The lady immediately offered me a 2 year contract for Premier TV and Internet 150 at $89.90 for the first 12 months, and $168 for the following 12 months. I am currently on Personal TV and Internet 15 and paying $118, so I was happy with that. After the first 12 months, I have the option of calling Shaw to downgrade the Premier TV package back down to Personal TV, which would bring the price to $123.
Dec 1, 2016
11 posts
10 upvotes
i am not sure if it's a good deal, but this what i get from Shaw after talk to a Shaw representative
from what i was told, i believe you have to be somewhat a new customer to get the deal.
in my case i already have the internet but didn't have the TV service, so i guess i am consider new customer as well

Internet 150 for $50 per month for 12 month no contract,
TV basic + 4 theme pack for $25 per month for 12 month no contract,
Multicultural Mandarin package for FREE for 6 month
$50 bill credit,

and the rep also offered me phone service for $10 for 12 month no contract with unlimited minutes to call taiwan hongkong china
and some other asian country. But i didn't get the phone service as i don't use it often

i am in BC, and rep called me from a AB phone number
Dec 1, 2016
11 posts
10 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: I'm paying $32 a month for internet 50 and essentials plus time shifts and sports. Unlimited bandwidth. 12 months no contract.
i got the similar offer when telus screwed up my installation date and made me waited for over an month.
but after using internet 150, i don't think i can go back to 50
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
skuo12345 wrote: i got the similar offer when telus screwed up my installation date and made me waited for over an month.
Ya 50 is hard to get use to. Hopefully they upgrade my apartment building for faster speeds. But the price can't be beat and no contract which is the big caveat for me.
Aug 6, 2009
905 posts
333 upvotes
any Telus reps that can offer similar deals? looking to switch from Shaw if the deal is right. please PM me. TIA
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2874 posts
3523 upvotes
Vancouver
Wondering if we can renew last year's TELUS student deal? If not, might have to cancel or see what Shaw has next month :S
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
skuo12345 wrote: i got the similar offer when telus screwed up my installation date and made me waited for over an month.
trellaine201 wrote: Ya 50 is hard to get use to. Hopefully they upgrade my apartment building for faster speeds. But the price can't be beat and no contract which is the big caveat for me.
I dunno why you guys need such fast speeds. Are you streaming 4k video all the time or something? :)
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Wondering if we can renew last year's TELUS student deal? If not, might have to cancel or see what Shaw has next month :S
As long as you're a continuing student and your Telus account is under your name, you can renew it. You might get some pushback for renewing so if so, just ask to speak with Loyalty
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2751 upvotes
Vancouver
skuo12345 wrote: i am not sure if it's a good deal, but this what i get from Shaw after talk to a Shaw representative
from what i was told, i believe you have to be somewhat a new customer to get the deal.
in my case i already have the internet but didn't have the TV service, so i guess i am consider new customer as well

Internet 150 for $50 per month for 12 month no contract,
TV basic + 4 theme pack for $25 per month for 12 month no contract,
Multicultural Mandarin package for FREE for 6 month
$50 bill credit,

and the rep also offered me phone service for $10 for 12 month no contract with unlimited minutes to call taiwan hongkong china
and some other asian country. But i didn't get the phone service as i don't use it often

i am in BC, and rep called me from a AB phone number
Competition heating up again? Pretty generous offer from Shaw relative to Shaw's typical offers.
Nov 18, 2011
10 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
Just had a Telus rep knock on the door since they recently installed new fibre optics in the area.He said the same thing about calling in after one year to get a better deal.It sounds like the $400 visa card was very limited.Good luck
Apr 22, 2005
414 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Shaw now has student offers, you can get Internet 75 for $40 without a contract. Must have a valid student ID :)
SHAW REP
Jan 16, 2016
142 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Where did you see the Shaw student offers?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
Shaw Student Plans , have started now & are 12 months this year .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Sep 27, 2009
640 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shaw123: anything online last year or do we have to go into the retail locations?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
itr452 wrote: Shaw123: anything online last year or do we have to go into the retail locations?
I haven't seen anything online yet , your best bet is to go to the retail store .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Apr 15, 2009
201 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, AB
HoboEater wrote: If you are already with Telus give loyalty a call and they will take care of you.

Also keep an eye out for a sweet loyalty promo very soon. Theres gonna be some insane perks for those long time customers!
ha.. I never saw any deals in past for existing customers, they dont care of loyal customers.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1609 posts
2050 upvotes
Vancouver
bhush_18 wrote: ha.. I never saw any deals in past for existing customers, they dont care of loyal customers.
Have you been reading this thread? The original purpose of this thread was to help out existing customers Winking Face. Again Telus will be launching a new program soon that's dedicated for existing customers.