• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 3:40 pm
Jul 9, 2009
100 posts
60 upvotes
Cornwall
theDuder wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 6:38 am
Got the offer from Koodo self service this morning to upgrade to Essential phone $0 on tab medium, same as BF deal. Think im taking the plunge!
Did you have a positive tab credit as well? Because I received the same offer, but I have a $150 credit to upgrade my phone. And from what I can tell, they are only applying the $150 credit and not the $100 one.

Price: $460
Additional offer discount: -150.00
Tab Medium discount: -310.00
Due now: $0.00

Monthly Tab Charge $13.00

On top of that, my $40 plan is now considered a Small Tab plan, when a few weeks ago it counted as a Medium Tab plan. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1612 posts
443 upvotes
Fredericton
theDuder wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:13 am
They are also having a sale on plans, probably won't apply to you Ontario..ians, but they look better than the BD sales where the bonus data expired after 24 months. Current deals don't have expiring data
I jumped on the $45 plan. My current plan was $40, but as the minimum medium tab plans are $45 now, I switched so that I won't be forced to take whatever plan pricing is available if/when I upgrade via a tab.
Sep 5, 2011
580 posts
120 upvotes
Charlottetown
putty3d wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:53 am
Did you have a positive tab credit as well? Because I received the same offer, but I have a $150 credit to upgrade my phone. And from what I can tell, they are only applying the $150 credit and not the $100 one.

Price: $460
Additional offer discount: -150.00
Tab Medium discount: -310.00
Due now: $0.00

Monthly Tab Charge $13.00

On top of that, my $40 plan is now considered a Small Tab plan, when a few weeks ago it counted as a Medium Tab plan. Disappointed But Relieved Face
No positive tab here, I would contact them. I've had their self serve do wonky things like that to me before.
smuPoker wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:58 am
I jumped on the $45 plan. My current plan was $40, but as the minimum medium tab plans are $45 now, I switched so that I won't be forced to take whatever plan pricing is available if/when I upgrade via a tab.
Your old plan was not on a medium tab?
Oct 21, 2005
475 posts
145 upvotes
honggil wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:26 am
So it's not available for new customers? :(
No unfortunately not:

Additional $100 off online only for current customers.
$0 Tab M price already includes a $100 online-only discount. Only available for current customers upgrading on Tab Medium. Offer not available for new customers or current customers adding a new line. In-store price is $100 on Tab Medium. Limited time offer, while quantities last.
Jul 9, 2009
100 posts
60 upvotes
Cornwall
theDuder wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 10:08 am
No positive tab here, I would contact them. I've had their self serve do wonky things like that to me before.

Your old plan was not on a medium tab?
It seems that smuPoker is correct. $40 use to be considered a medium tab, but now they start at $45. I don't know if that will change once the promotions on plans is over on the 19th.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1886 posts
634 upvotes
Camera Update just dropped yesterday and has made some big improvements! autoHDR, better image processing and shutter lag much improved. Im glad they are committed to this phone, ive never had a phone with such an active update schedule!
Jul 9, 2009
100 posts
60 upvotes
Cornwall
putty3d wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 10:17 am
It seems that smuPoker is correct. $40 use to be considered a medium tab, but now they start at $45. I don't know if that will change once the promotions on plans is over on the 19th.
I just found their chart which in fact specifies that $45 is the new Medium Plan value.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keepin ... your-phone
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1957 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
I finally popped in a SIM into the phone to try it out (Rogers) and reception and speeds on LTE were horrendous for me where my S8 is solid and super fast (LTE+).
I was on the Oreo B3 and experienced this so I flashed back to the final 7.1.1 w/the Feb security patch and it was just as bad. Guess this phone is really hit or miss on reception.
I'll likely be returning this as it's just too poor on reception, which is too bad as I loved everything else about the phone.
Jul 9, 2009
100 posts
60 upvotes
Cornwall
smuPoker wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 10:49 am
Yeah iirc the medium tab minimum plan was $35 back when I got my G4 (June 2016) so my $40 plan at the time qualified to be carried forward.
I've been checking every week for deals and I can confirm that as recent as last month $40 was still a Medium plan.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1612 posts
443 upvotes
Fredericton
putty3d wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:07 am
I've been checking every week for deals and I can confirm that as recent as last month $40 was still a Medium plan.
It's been $45 since at least November, but let's be honest, it's irrelevant right now :)
Sep 5, 2011
580 posts
120 upvotes
Charlottetown
Swung by best buy lunch time, and they had 1 Essential left in stock with Koodo, but they could not give me the $100 off on tab medium. They suggested I try calling into Koodo and get the $100 tab credit and then they could give me the deal, even offered to hold it until tomorrow. I didn't have much luck with calling though, they wouldn't give me credit as it's an online only promo. No biggie, I can wait. Just placed the order online, looking forward to getting my hands on this thing
May 25, 2009
385 posts
94 upvotes
Just picked up the 360 cam for ~55 USD off amazon.com. Price has since increased but it's been fluctuating recently so if you want one, keep an eye on it and it might drop again. Others grabbed the $40 warehouse version as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1023 posts
306 upvotes
Well I ended up buying another one..my s6e+ kicked the bucket today and this was the best option available.

NOTE - Scarborough town center is offering $10 GC on every $200 GC purchase so thats 5% off or $25 savings.
Dec 6, 2007
805 posts
21 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:28 pm
That's what I read about as well. Have you tried using this phone overseas yet?
I didn't personally, but did send a phone to a friend currently travelling around Europe regularly, getting full 3 carrier aggregation in the UK and Baltic countries.
bargain man wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 1:15 pm
Did you have to do anything for the settings to appear?

Nope, I just put the SIM card in and it was under network settings/dialer settings. The setting is kind of misleading though, as its there for every provider, but it didn't work on Freedom, for example.