• Feb 20th, 2018 11:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
6690 posts
119 upvotes
Port Moody
hewjas wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:45 am
At this price, is it a worthy upgrade to my one plus one that is starting to crap the bed? I'll use it for years, as long as it's tough enough
the one plus one was great, did you flash lineage 7.1.2 or Lineage 15, I had one running both for a while, quite good, I do think 7.1.2 was very good one one plus one
Jul 18, 2007
88 posts
112 upvotes
Markham
Cisco KId wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:00 pm
the one plus one was great, did you flash lineage 7.1.2 or Lineage 15, I had one running both for a while, quite good, I do think 7.1.2 was very good one one plus one

No idea, i updated it as updates came out but now it's falling apart - the speed never bothered me, but it's physically breaking now

I just grabbed one - hopefully being made of ceramic and titanium will keep it from coming apart within a few years!
Dec 22, 2013
10 posts
Update on the screen protectors off Amazon: as many reviewers mentioned, the screen protectors leave about 1 mm on each side of the phone, which is definitely annoying (can't see why they couldn't extend it a bit but whatever); doesn't take away from the phone or anything.

Had an issue where I kept getting HSPA instead of LTE when mobile but I just kept fiddling with the settings, and it looks like it's back on LTE mostly now. Also the lack of headphone jack is admittedly annoying, especially when I needed to recharge, but I just got a cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones off Amazon which work well as daily drivers. Planning to get a pair of Plantronics soon hopefully.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18005 posts
222 upvotes
YVR
eraddd wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:14 pm
Update on the screen protectors off Amazon: as many reviewers mentioned, the screen protectors leave about 1 mm on each side of the phone, which is definitely annoying (can't see why they couldn't extend it a bit but whatever); doesn't take away from the phone or anything.

Had an issue where I kept getting HSPA instead of LTE when mobile but I just kept fiddling with the settings, and it looks like it's back on LTE mostly now. Also the lack of headphone jack is admittedly annoying, especially when I needed to recharge, but I just got a cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones off Amazon which work well as daily drivers. Planning to get a pair of Plantronics soon hopefully.
Can you post pictures of the screen protector on your phone?
Aug 14, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
akhan1970 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:58 am
Just bought white model. Very happy with the phone. No lag on the screen. Excellent reception. Bright screen. Speaker grill seems to be fixed on white model.
Hey where did you get white model from ?
Dec 22, 2013
10 posts
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 5:16 pm
Can you post pictures of the screen protector on your phone?
I unfortunately don't have another camera (LG G4 camera doesn't focus shots anymore, so they're super blurry).
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13647 posts
3318 upvotes
Toronto
eraddd wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:14 pm

I bought screen protectors from eBay. The glass one I purchase was a little too wide. It just would not conform to the curvature of the screen around the edges. So, there was 5 mm all around that would not stick. Dust was getting in between. I ended up buy some plastic screen protectors. They are able to conform to the screen contour and fit reasonably well. I much prefer the glass protector. If anyone knows of a brand at reasonable price that fits, please post the information here. Thanks.
Mar 4, 2009
848 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 5:38 pm
Looks like Telus took out the Quebec workaround to remove the SIM card, they replaced the "Buy Now" button with a "Find Store" button to disable online purchasing in Quebec, blocking access to the older system.

But I found another workaround...
  1. Go to Telus.com, then on the top right corner, select your home region (make sure your region is set correctly, important step!)
  2. Paste this link on your browser:

Code: Select all

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/shop/mobility/configure/NLESSPHONEBK?customer_type=new_customer
  3. Make sure you see a bar that says "Your region is set to (Province code)".
  4. Proceed as usual to check out.
I don't think this method works anymore.
Can anyone else confirm?

I think it is possible that this phone might get even cheaper from looking at the Koodo deal.
Apr 20, 2015
240 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton, ON
last_sd wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:10 pm
Can anyone else confirm?

I think it is possible that this phone might get even cheaper from looking at the Koodo deal.
doesn't work anymore, just tried it
Mar 4, 2009
848 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
MrPsv1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:19 pm
doesn't work anymore, just tried it
Thanks.
I think at this point they are just desperate to get bigger user base and get rid of stock, before releasing their next phone.
Hopefully it will drop to ~$350. (out right without having to sign up etc.)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7056 posts
2394 upvotes
Markham
last_sd wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:10 pm
Can anyone else confirm?

Works for me on my phone, though I did not complete payment details.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180213-171104.png
  • Screenshot_20180213-171240.png
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Mar 4, 2009
848 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:13 pm
Works for me on my phone, though I did not complete payment details.
Hmm maybe it only works for the mobile website.
I tried both FF and Chrome on desktop.
Not a big issue since I am not ordering right now. Just wanted to know for the future.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7056 posts
2394 upvotes
Markham
last_sd wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:20 pm
Hmm maybe it only works for the mobile website.
I tried both FF and Chrome on desktop.
Not a big issue since I am not ordering right now. Just wanted to know for the future.
Works on desktop as well.
Images
  • 2018-02-13 21_56_06-.png
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Sep 5, 2011
533 posts
108 upvotes
Charlottetown
Ordered Friday afternoon, shipped out that evening, sitting at item processed at my local depot and waiting for-ev-errr. Come on deliver it!