• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2006 6:50 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2005
229 posts
53 upvotes

[Telus] Telus High Speed Enhanced Internet - upgrade to 3 mbps free

i don't think this was posted but here it is, im goina try it when i get home.

from the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]ncix[/rfdlink] forums:
http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php? ... &subpage=1
For those of you on the Telus enhanced ADSL plan, they have recently upgraded speeds to 3.0Mbps but you have to call to get the speed bumped up. So before where you could download at max ~265k/s you will get about ~365k/s

http://www.mytelus.com/internet/highspeed/prices.do

I should have mine upgraded tomorrow.

(yes I realize cable companies have faster speeds but that's not the point )

EDIT:

ill return with results tomorrow, i forgot to call them today. sorry guys.

free 2wire router thats ADSL2 ready with 3 year contract renewal/upgrade.
If you want the new 2Wire 2700 HG-E for free you'll either need to upgrade to a 3yr rpp or renew your 3yr rpp.... it's ok to renew even if you only started it a week ago.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark, ... ~mode=flat
57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
8796 posts
110 upvotes
... If you're close enough to the CO..
Mar 4, 2006
22 posts
1 upvote
anyone know if this will still work if you're under contract??
Jun 27, 2006
6 posts
wow this happened a while ago, and if your under contract you get the new modem. YOu don't need the modem though so don't buy it if you don't got a contract.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28262 posts
802 upvotes
Okay, so I have the basic $30 plan with no contract. I call them and they'll bump me to the High Speed for free and not require a contract? I don't really know what you're telling us?
Hail Eris!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6523 posts
661 upvotes
BC
hagbard wrote:Okay, so I have the basic $30 plan with no contract. I call them and they'll bump me to the High Speed for free and not require a contract? I don't really know what you're telling us?
No, this is for Telus High-Speed Enhanced - the ~$40/month service that used to be 2.5Mbps but is now 3.0Mbps, not the basic ~$30/month 1.5Mbps service (unfortunately :twisted: ).
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2004
3888 posts
258 upvotes
wooooooooohooooooo now they're only 2 mb behind shaw's regular speed.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2877 posts
37 upvotes
StoneColdWhat wrote:wooooooooohooooooo now they're only 2 mb behind shaw's regular speed.
i know eh? I laugh at telus's plans compared to shaw's

shaw's extreme is 10mbps versus 3
5mbps vs 1.5

and the cost is pretty close... and you get way bigger bandwidth
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Feb 21, 2005
202 posts
Coquitlam
philelmo wrote:i know eh? I laugh at telus's plans compared to shaw's

shaw's extreme is 10mbps versus 3
5mbps vs 1.5

and the cost is pretty close... and you get way bigger bandwidth
Shaw still threatening to cut you off if you go over 20GB?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2620 posts
131 upvotes
Calgary
Shaw is robust and better speed ... Why will anyone choose Telus ?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6236 posts
447 upvotes
Victoria
telus is pretty shoddy at enforcing their download caps, so its pretty good for us bandwidth sucking no good downloader/uploaders :)

other then that, they really don't have much going got them (at least they don't throttle p2p traffic i suppose).

Telus xtreme package almost has enough bandwidth for me.. I tend to download 100gb's a month, and upload 50 (i like to trade bootleg concert dvd's, a nice grey area of the law), so thats about 150 a month, shaw suspended me, so i went to telus. They only advertise 60gb's for the cap, but they don't enforce unless you really go nuts, 200gb maybe. And even at that they don't really enforce.

If shaw ever raises that xtreme cap, or comes up with Xtreme II with 150gb a month download, i'd switch in a heartbeat.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6236 posts
447 upvotes
Victoria
oh and shaw might be faster, but its not more robust, telus doesn't have problems with overcrowded nodes.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4654 posts
170 upvotes
tasamy wrote:Shaw is robust and better speed ... Why will anyone choose Telus ?
My Telus has faster uploads ... Telus is much, much more lenient about "caps" ... ask any Shaw customer about that who's been suspended.

There are always two sides to every story.

However, if I had a choice and paid the same price I would probably get Shaw because their download speeds are far superior in my area ... I don't care much about the upload. But I don't have the choice to pick cable so that means Telus for me.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
× < >