• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2019 11:51 pm
Tags:
Dec 28, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:59 pm
$105 - $10 = $95 plan for 24 months then $105 after that. How does this make any sense?
Apparently it's $10 off an already discounted $105 plan. So after 24 months you lose both of the discounts, so your bill jumps from $60 to $105. That's how I interpreted it, but she could have been BSing me.
Jun 4, 2007
542 posts
169 upvotes
emanon86 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 4:02 pm
I posted this in the other thread but I'll post this here too, so people know it's still possible to get the 10GB for $60.

Well I just got off the phone with Telus, surprisingly it went well AND quick. I didn't even talk to retention, I called the number from the app. Anyways, I told him I got a letter in the mail about a $10 increase to my plan. He immediately said "okay yes, hang on a few minutes and I'll see what I can do for you". So a few minutes later he gets back to me and says "Well I can see you've been a loyal customer for many years and we're willing to credit your account $10 every month for the next 24 months, so you'll continue to get the 10GB plan for $60 a month". I said okay great, thanks! And I asked about what happens after 24 months and he said hopefully they'll be able to renew the offer again. Almost went a little too smooth lol, I'll be keeping an eye on my bill the next few months.
Possible you could provide a ss of your current plan showing the $10 discount? Thanks!
Aug 14, 2010
515 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Mmagic888 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:16 pm
Possible you could provide a ss of your current plan showing the $10 discount? Thanks!
I'm guessing SS means screenshot? They told me the price increase won't happen until April, so I assume that's when they'll apply the $10 credit, but I'll gladly post the screenshot when they do.
Jun 28, 2008
90 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
I got my plan changed to 15GB/$70. Price increase changes depending on your billing cycle. So it can be either late March or early April.
Jun 4, 2007
542 posts
169 upvotes
emanon86 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 2:00 pm
I'm guessing SS means screenshot? They told me the price increase won't happen until April, so I assume that's when they'll apply the $10 credit, but I'll gladly post the screenshot when they do.
Yes, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1183 posts
171 upvotes
Milton
emanon86 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 2:00 pm
Thanks. You should see the changes right now in your Telus profile online.
Aug 14, 2010
515 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
neptune wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:36 pm
Thanks. You should see the changes right now in your Telus profile online.
What changes would there be now though? The changes are happening in April, they won't show up in my online telus profile until then.
Aug 14, 2010
515 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
neptune wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:02 pm
My dashboard shows $75/15gb plan for April already
Mine hasn't changed. Still shows "Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD $60 per month before tax"
Dec 15, 2017
29 posts
11 upvotes
Laur3n wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:03 am
No, dont work at telus. I'm a consumer too, and what I posted was copy and pasted from AT&T web site. Every company has promos. And there is always stipulations. This plan that was posted with T-mobile "T-Mobile's Unlimited plan. How does their
$93CAD/50GB plan compare to your  amazing  $70CAD/10GB plan?" Always there are some promo plans with 2 year commitment, read fine print. I'm not here to argue, just sharing my opinion. Also US funds vs Canadian funds.
I wasn't trying to argue. I was simply correcting the misinformation that you were spreading. All the plans I discussed were BYOD plans. I read the fine print before even posting, no 2-year commitments. Still can't find where your AT&T pricing came from (and you seem to not want to post it). Your last sentence says it all... You clearly didn't read anything from my post, since the entire thing shows the prices in USD and CAD (except for the Telus plan). You even quoted me comparing the T-Mobile plan to the Telus $70/10GB plan, both of which were in CAD.

At first I thought that you mistakenly posted outdated information, but it is now pretty clear that you are purposely posting misinformation.
Feb 8, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
Holy sh%= dude! I just copy and pasted what I googled from the AT&T site. It was an example. Google it. Check out other providers in US. These threads are a waste of time. Trolls just want to argue.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11522 posts
1519 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
leannoon wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 6:07 pm
My husband received a letter from Telus for $10 increase a month starting March 1. Contacted Telus and the agent gave him 2 options. Either pay the same price but the data goes down to 6gig or pay the $10 increase and he gets an extra 5gig for a total of 15gig.

Does anyone has better offers with Telus?
Which sucks.. Like how many peeps will use 15GB?? That's what they're betting on to profit off 16.6% increase. Did you know in many states anything above a 15% annual increase is usury?? In many states laws are in place to cap loans at 12% max. CRTC is enabling usury... how pathetic.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

yanksingh