Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Internet 12 months for $30 - Students Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2016 12:06 am
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
antoniomn wrote: Is there any telus rep here that can send me a pm? I am currently with shaw and want to get this student promo.
Yes
Penalty Box
May 12, 2011
3407 posts
487 upvotes
North Vancouver
Can a telus rep help me out? My sister goes to sfu.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
good deal bc wrote: Do you have the service currently?
I do. Is it for new subscribers only?
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
plucky duck wrote: I do. Is it for new subscribers only?
No, if you want to get onto the student plan and already have Internet you need to contact customer service
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I would comment, but Ontario stores get no info about this stuff. Getting the plan shouldn't be much of a hassle through retention. If you go in store to do it, call and add it , and have the rep chat into loyalty about receiving a bill credit. If you have two reps at once, you'll be able to get the deal + a loyalty bill credit
Aug 18, 2005
696 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary
tinted151glass wrote: Not available in Ontario
Oh no! Not available in the centre of the universe!

It's the end of the world!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
good deal bc wrote: No, if you want to get onto the student plan and already have Internet you need to contact customer service
Does it matter if the residential address of the account holder, which is myself, differs from that of the student? Or should I cancel my service and reopen another account under her name?
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Aug 1, 2005
311 posts
275 upvotes
tigrbalm wrote: Oh no! Not available in the centre of the universe!

It's the end of the world!
Given that almost 40% of Canada's population lives in Ontario, I'd say it affects a number of people here.

(I will also accept that at almost 40% of the population, and being geographically situated between our various industrial centres, you could make a case for Ontario being at the centre of the Canadian universe. But the only people who seem to care about that kind of thing aren't actually in Ontario.)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
plucky duck wrote: Does it matter if the residential address of the account holder, which is myself, differs from that of the student? Or should I cancel my service and reopen another account under her name?
The main account holder need to be the student.
Dec 11, 2013
9 posts
2 upvotes
Did you call in and they offered it or did you have to go through retention somehow?
Thanks
masarwar wrote: Hi,

I just called in to renew my telus internet student package. Was able to get Telus Internet 100 for $50/month. Couldnt be happier. They had to verify my area has the upgrade and they needed to send a technician out to upgrade my house lines to get the 100. Just wanted to let everyone know!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
Aurust wrote: Did you call in and they offered it or did you have to go through retention somehow?
Thanks
Hi, I just called 310-Telus and it gave me option to cancel, change or move my telus services (which i believe is retention menu) I talked to the lady and she renewed by student status.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
plucky duck wrote: Do they ask for student ID to be faxed or emailed over? Can this be done thru chat sevice or do I have to call in to get the promo?
wondering samething
telus website accepts this deal orders regardless of what you put in the student# and school name.
will installation tech ask to see student id?
Jul 12, 2015
447 posts
567 upvotes
So does the Telus deal work for the full 12 mos even if you are only going to be a student for only 4 more mos?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
importpsycho wrote: wondering samething
telus website accepts this deal orders regardless of what you put in the student# and school name.
will installation tech ask to see student id?
Or they will call to verify
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3920 posts
298 upvotes
BC
AlexiRos wrote: So does the Telus deal work for the full 12 mos even if you are only going to be a student for only 4 more mos?
Yes
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1201 posts
1693 upvotes
Calgary
masarwar wrote: I am in Calgary (Coral Springs NE area). Although I do have to say the prices are incorrect. These prices mentioned are for people with a bundle deal (like phone, tv or mobility - You get $5 discount for each service you have)

My 50mbps was $45. For some reason, when I upgraded to 100 i was told by the agent that it will be 55. I was ok with it. Then she said that for some reason it would stay at $50 so another plus for me. Just a heads up :)
Wow I'm in Coral springs too and have been holding off from upgrading since they only offered 25 Mbps max in my area while I'm getting 50 Mbps from Shaw.

I'll give Telus a call today
Sep 4, 2014
537 posts
47 upvotes
Madden, AB
When does the student deal end? My current plan with Shaw doesn't end till October, or November.