Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Telus] Telus Internet - SAVE $5 per MONTH + free modem/router

Hey guys. In lieu of the post in regards to the Rogers Internet thread.. link below...
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ght=rogers

Basically in that deal, you get $5 off per month and a free wireless N router for free until sep 15.

Well, i'm with Telus, and I prefer them over Rogers for my own personal reasons.
So I thought i'd give them a call and see if they will match the deal above...

So I called in and with no problems at all I got $5 off my internet service. which is pretty solid =). HOWEVER, they don't have wireless N modems because they have those crappy modem/router in one things (i don't suggest using them, just ask for the speed touch modem* and buy a linksys wireless router). But the operator gave me the option of getting it anyways. So i just got him to send it to me.. i could always use it as a hub or just sell it?

They don't have any gas cards so i couldn't get that. but i did manage to squeeze out a free month on top of my $5 savings.

hope this helps =)
edit- i used to pay $40.95 for 6.0 Mbps and now i pay $35.95 =)

*Speed Touch Modem - Apparently is the most efficient simply modem you can get from telus according to the tech guy that gave it to me. It is supposed to be just a pure modem and you don't lose speed or quality like their other modems they have. The speed touch is not given unless you ask for it. So ask for it. it's fast, simple, and works very well with my linksys =)
29 replies
Sep 6, 2007
41 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton
:( just signed shaw's student plan.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15580 posts
507 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
might consider, anything to get out of ACANAC.
PC IS MASTER RACE!
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
VAPE NATION \//\
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 8:48 pm
might consider, anything to get out of ACANAC.
damn. that's ruff man. i just read your blog. in your sig.

but usually all companies auto resign for contracts.. you gotta be careful about that.
****** man.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
goleafsgo_22 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 10:01 pm
Is this deal available in Toronto and Ottawa?
:?:
hey. it's not really a deal. it's more of a retention deal. so i'm sure it is available everywhere telus has their services. just tell them that rogers is offering it and they should accommodate you.
i'm almost positive it will work if you try it out.

c
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6520 posts
659 upvotes
BC
eheart wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 7:56 pm
:( just signed shaw's student plan.
Why " :( " - I thought the Shaw student deal was cheaper?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6229 posts
444 upvotes
Victoria
Isn' this regular price now? I signed up for 6.0 the other day, its 30.95 for the first 12 months, then 35.95 after thats up?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
zod wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 3:26 pm
Isn' this regular price now? I signed up for 6.0 the other day, its 30.95 for the first 12 months, then 35.95 after thats up?
WTF. you're right. wtf have i been paying soo much for all this time.
btw. the 30.95 is for one year on a contract.

but yes, it is $35.95 regular.. i'm going to call back and ask them why i was paying so much and hopefully get the 30.95$ price instead of the $35.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11885 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't realize Telus offered Home Internet Service. How does it compare to Rogers and Bell? Same thing?
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1444 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 5:36 pm
I didn't realize Telus offered Home Internet Service. How does it compare to Rogers and Bell? Same thing?
For the most part, TELUS offers residential services in AB, BC and parts of Quebec. They are the local phone company there, similar to Bell in Ontario / Quebec.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
11885 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
TRK9 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 5:46 pm
For the most part, TELUS offers residential services in AB, BC and parts of Quebec. They are the local phone company there, similar to Bell in Ontario / Quebec.
Oh so then this is NOT valid in Ontario ...
And I thought I had an internet deal ...
"Deal of the Day" addict
Nov 27, 2003
175 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
DaVibe wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 5:36 pm
I've had Bell while in the east coast and I currently have Telus now in the west coast. To be honest, I didn't have much problems with Bell, it was always fast. This view may not be the same as some who used to or currently have Bell. I've been using Telus High Speed Enhanced for a while in conjunction with Telus TV. No problems with the Telus internet so far, it has always been fast, and I do use the combined modem/router that Telus provides. The Telus TV service... that's another story.
Feb 13, 2005
46 posts
Calgary
Be careful with Telus free equipment. I just had a go round with Telus over the loss of one of my Telus telephone services- caller ID-. Turns out their router or modem was interfering with my Telephone service. Took me three weeks to get them to find the problem was not my equipment but theirs. They came out and tested twice before accidentally finding what was causing the problem. They switched their modem and no problem since. They have two different modems, the cheaper one caused the problem.
Jan 19, 2008
283 posts
41 upvotes
Dawson Creek
I just upgraded my service with Telus, doubling the speed for $5 a month less. The speed I was getting wasn't even being offered anymore.

When I bitched about overpaying for months, they threw me a free month.

The CSR also suggested keeping a really careful eye on the rates when my year comes up. Telus won't warn you that your speed or rate is obsolete. Carpe diem, I guess.
× < >