Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
534 posts
35 upvotes
Okanagan

Telus Internet up $5

Starting next month Telus is increasing the regular monthly rate for high speed internet by $5.

Unbelievable. It was just two weeks ago that I signed up for this three year bundle plan. So I'm locked in to them and they can raise the rates whenever they want.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
580 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Can they raise rates if your in a contract?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4025 posts
997 upvotes
Bit more discussion on reddit about it as well.
http://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments ... sing_high/

Some were saying that it's not a contract, but rather a "service agreement."

Here's what another person chimed in about.
Assuming it's still the same as when my stepson did it, the contracts service agreements normally come with a "freebie", such as a monitor, laptop, TV, etc. You can get out of the agreement, but the contract portion of it was that you would pay off the "full" price of the item should you ever leave the service agreement. The price is inflated to start, and a year or two later is most definitely ridiculous.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4793 posts
396 upvotes
Victoria
I'll have to remember this tidbit of information. I always assumed telus' "contracts" meant no price increases. I guess it just means you pay whatever we want you to and you have to pay us to cancel. Sounds like an extortion racket to me.