• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2017 4:49 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3867 upvotes
Antarctica
So now that my old G3 is almost coming out of warranty period, what stable AOSP ROMs do people use? Doesn't have to be Nougat only, and no not interested in LG debloated ROMs. Thanks.
May 21, 2008
921 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
I prefer to stick with stock base ROM due to camera. All custom roms based on CM or AOSP has crap camera. But to answer your question, i tried crDroid which is Nougat based and had no problems as daily use.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3867 upvotes
Antarctica
yanksingh wrote: I prefer to stick with stock base ROM due to camera. All custom roms based on CM or AOSP has crap camera. But to answer your question, i tried crDroid which is Nougat based and had no problems as daily use.
Thanks.

I am not a big smartphone camera person and this is a backup phone so camera is of no importance here :) I'll see if I can get to flash crdroid this weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: So now that my old G3 is almost coming out of warranty period, what stable AOSP ROMs do people use? Doesn't have to be Nougat only, and no not interested in LG debloated ROMs. Thanks.
Been using CM13 on it without issues. Camera is not as good as stock rom but at least I don't have all of that LG bloat.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
Trying to install the Bumped TWRP

I'm on LP Android 5 Stock and Rooted, so I used option 3 "Install bumped TWRP only"

But after the process, nothing happens, the phone never resets and when attempt to go to recovery (with titanium), I get the dead Android icon instead of TWRP.

What gives?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Trying to install the Bumped TWRP

I'm on LP Android 5 Stock and Rooted, so I used option 3 "Install bumped TWRP only"

But after the process, nothing happens, the phone never resets and when attempt to go to recovery (with titanium), I get the dead Android icon instead of TWRP.

What gives?
Are you using AutoRec?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/ ... o-t3081396
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
LG G3 D852 Telus/Koodo Version Rooting And TWRP Recovery Installation
A guide written by myself explaining everything you need to know about the subject. Do not use Autorec unless you want to have a potentially buggy phone. Follow this guide to properly root and bump your phone
telus-koodo-lg-g3-d852-root-bump-twrp-t ... #p25448161
Nov 27, 2014
304 posts
71 upvotes
North York, ON
More than a year ago i got Lg G3 from koodo and did my researched to make it work for wind mobile with android 4.4.2

Now i currently switched to koodo network again and i wanted to make my lg g3 a stock phone again. (and get normal OTA updates)

How do i go about doing this?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
andrew4321 wrote: It seems that LG has no longer plans to release a Nougat for LG G3 (D852) phone and I was wondering if anyone has tried LineageOS ? Lineage-14.1 / Nougat 7.1.2 is available https://download.lineageos.org/d852.
During the flash of Lineage 14, TWRP will error 7, indicating that the Lineage Rom is not the perfect match for the D852. I checked the Rom's verification file, it's shows it's actually checking for D852g not D852.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's actually checking for D852. But for some reason it errored 7 even tho the phone is Telus thus should be D852 not D852g.
It's possible that the TWRP downloaded from the OP here is D852g.

the D852G only supports LTE on band 4 whereas the D852 supports LTE on bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,17, and 29

After editing the verification file to skip verification and flashing, the phone works.

Does this mean flashing the Lineage 14 ROM will limit the band access on the D852?