Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

10GB/60 Telus Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 5:57 pm
Jan 13, 2009
375 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I used to work at TELUS and yes they do have an option to migrate to Koodo.

It was a save tool to prevent people from leaving TELUS to go to the competitions budget variants.

This can very well can be true ... but need to actually see someone that has been successful if getting it done.
Aug 4, 2014
197 posts
62 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just got off phone with Telus regarding $10 increase. Options they gave me are $70/15gb or migrate to Koodo for $56/8gb plan. Fyi.
May 23, 2016
161 posts
250 upvotes
shellguard wrote: I'm on the phone with Retentions right now.
They're throwing 15Gb for $70 or iPhone 8 10Gb for $95 OR Koodo migration for $60/10Gb
VMM and International Text are both offered for free.
I will probably get on it if I can get iPhone X instead of 8
You were able to get VVM and International SMS with the migration too?
Mar 13, 2012
5 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Telus/Bell/Rogers all offered basically the same plans shortly after Freedom had a promotion in December 2017. Slightly more than 1 year later the three have increased their prices at the same time. It's anti-competitive and collusive which in my opinion should be regulated by the CRTC
Dec 10, 2015
46 posts
7 upvotes
Peterborough
shellguard wrote: I'm on the phone with Retentions right now.
They're throwing 15Gb for $70 or iPhone 8 10Gb for $95 OR Koodo migration for $60/10Gb
VMM and International Text are both offered for free.
I will probably get on it if I can get iPhone X instead of 8
Make sure to double check what the tab balance would be, I'm curious as to how much of a device discount they're offering.
Dec 8, 2013
26 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Update:

I have to stay with Telus and can't move to Koodo as I have Apple Watch LTE (it doesn't work there)
Koodo migration option is totally legit - offered by standard helpdesk agent
Telus options are:
15GB for $70 (VMM and Intl SMS are free) - offered by standard helpdesk agent
10Gb for $65 (VMM and Intl SMS are free) - only offered by Retentions
iPhone 8, iPhone X 64GB and 10Gb for $95 (VMM and Intl SMS are free) - only offered by Retentions
iPhone Xr 64Gb ($120 upfront) or 256Gb ($200 upfront) and 10Gb for $95 (VMM and Intl SMS are free) - only offered by Retentions
Last edited by shellguard on Feb 17th, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2009
375 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shellguard wrote: Update:

I have to stay with Telus and can't move to Koodo as I have Apple Watch LTE (it doesn't work there)
Koodo migration option is totally legit.
Telus options are:
15GB for $75 (VMM and Intl SMS are free)
10Gb for $65 (VMM and Intl SMS are free)
iPhone 8, iPhone X 64GB and 10Gb for $95 (VMM and Intl SMS are free)
iPhone Xr 64Gb ($120 upfront) or 256Gb ($200 upfront) and 10Gb for $95 (VMM and Intl SMS are free)
Cancel your Apple Watch. That’s what I did ... found I was paying $10 a month for nothing ... very very rare that I had my watch and not my phone ... but that’s just my opinion.
Dec 8, 2013
26 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver Island
lighter786 wrote: Cancel your Apple Watch. That’s what I did ... found I was paying $10 a month for nothing ... very very rare that I had my watch and not my phone ... but that’s just my opinion.
Unfortunately, I use it all the time and it is very handy for me. Can't imagine going back to Bluetooth only version.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
lighter786 wrote: Cancel your Apple Watch. That’s what I did ... found I was paying $10 a month for nothing ... very very rare that I had my watch and not my phone ... but that’s just my opinion.
this. I did this. Haven't noticed a difference - I always have my phone on me, unless I run to the restroom at work, then I really don't need to be on my watch.

Wondering if I can get anything decent..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
shellguard wrote: 15GB for $75 (VMM and Intl SMS are free) - offered by standard helpdesk agent
I'm only paying $70 for this... was that a typo?
Jan 23, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
I'm more appealed to the "switching to Koodo" choice, but kinda concern that they might raise the plan cost for Koodo too.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone actually confirmed a switch to Koodo? Also if it is true is the 10/60 at Koodo not eligible for tab?
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
lighter786 wrote: I used to work at TELUS and yes they do have an option to migrate to Koodo.

It was a save tool to prevent people from leaving TELUS to go to the competitions budget variants.

This can very well can be true ... but need to actually see someone that has been successful if getting it done.
They obviously didn't think it though before sending out the notices. Maybe they should have given another good alternative along with the increase notice to begin with . People are switching already and the Koodo 6gb for $50 promo is lowering their ARPU anyway. Migrate to Koodo option is probably costing them in the end just to stop the bleed.
Feb 14, 2019
6 posts
Can confirm, Just got off the phone with an agent and he offered Telus $70 15gb or Koodo $60 10gb.

Also, because I explained we had 5 people on the $60 10gb plan, he offered 20gb of shared family data for $64. Which is not a great option compared to everyone having 15 gb for $70.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
my gf is with Telus has 8 months remaining on her term for an iPhone x. how would Telus work for asking them for a koodo migration? anyone have any experience in leaving them during a term?
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
crashxxx wrote: my gf is with Telus has 8 months remaining on her term for an iPhone x. how would Telus work for asking them for a koodo migration? anyone have any experience in leaving them during a term?
The chances of them giving you anything are slim since you're on a contract especially with a hardware. But it never hurts to try.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1881 posts
1823 upvotes
Maple leafs
shellguard wrote: Unfortunately, I use it all the time and it is very handy for me. Can't imagine going back to Bluetooth only version.
What do you do with yours? I also pay for the $10 lte plan... but find other than a few hrs of Apple Music a month when I leave my phone at home, I barely use the lte data on my watch.
Dec 8, 2013
26 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver Island
U4LIFE wrote: What do you do with yours? I also pay for the $10 lte plan... but find other than a few hrs of Apple Music a month when I leave my phone at home, I barely use the lte data on my watch.
I make calls, really. While the phone is away/left at home. It is convenient to know I can be reached by kids or can call them at any time.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1866 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
My Experience with contacting telus today:

over phone they offered $70 15gb or $65 6gb plans and said not aware of koodo thing.

live chat gave same 2 options and said they're aware of something on internet about Koodo migration but it doesn't exist and is inaccurate.