Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] [AB/BC/ON] 10gb Data, Unl Calling $60/mo for new activations (Rogers/Bell matching offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 3:19 am
Nov 7, 2016
52 posts
3 upvotes
Quick question in regards to voicemail.

The first post shows included in this promo that there is advanced voicemail, what is that? I had visual voicemail (VV) on my account before switching to this promo, but I was paying for VV on my previous plan for $5/month and was told that this promo does not have VV and so I had to add it to this promo plan and now my monthly bill is $65/month.

What is advanced voicemail compared to VV?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1546 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
moneyhelp wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 3:15 am

The first post shows included in this promo that there is advanced voicemail, what is that? I had visual voicemail (VV) on my account before switching to this promo, but I was paying for VV on my previous plan for $5/month and was told that this promo does not have VV and so I had to add it to this promo plan and now my monthly bill is $65/month.

It's the same thing it's just required for them to add it in order to give the free visual voicemail.
Jul 1, 2012
30 posts
18 upvotes
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 9:21 pm
Was that straight-forward or did it take the agent some investigating?
Took two calls. First agent added it with a $10 charge, second agent then just had to delete the charge, and keep it on account.
Jun 2, 2010
216 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
moneyhelp wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 3:15 am

BengaliPrince wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 7:42 am
It's the same thing it's just required for them to add it in order to give the free visual voicemail.
No! Advanced Voicemail is not Visual Voicemail. Advanced Voicemail is included with this $60 plan, Visual Voicemail is not included. As ‘moneyhelp’ said, Visual Voicemail is a separate add-on for $5/month. Some people here have been able to get it for free after calling in, others $2, others have to pay the $5.

My TELUS plan has Advanced Voice Mail 25 — save 25 messages for 25 days. I’m not sure if this $60 plan is the same or if it’s Advanced Voice Mail 10.
TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15+10 GB Data
Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
chatr: $60 Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
surf99992001 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 9:35 am
Took two calls. First agent added it with a $10 charge, second agent then just had to delete the charge, and keep it on account.
Okay, thanks. I'm about to try chatting with them about it.
Nov 7, 2016
52 posts
3 upvotes
TheNightOwl wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 2:08 pm
No! Advanced Voicemail is not Visual Voicemail. Advanced Voicemail is included with this $60 plan, Visual Voicemail is not included. As ‘moneyhelp’ said, Visual Voicemail is a separate add-on for $5/month. Some people here have been able to get it for free after calling in, others $2, others have to pay the $5.

My TELUS plan has Advanced Voice Mail 25 — save 25 messages for 25 days. I’m not sure if this $60 plan is the same or if it’s Advanced Voice Mail 10.
That's what I thought. Some people got it for free? I'm wondering if I should call in and see if I can get it for free, but how did they get it for free? I mean, what's the argument they feel they have a leg to stand on to justify the free VV? Anywhoo, don't want to be waiting on the phone for hours if that's what it takes. Also, does anyone know if Telus has online live chat feature should you ever want to contact Customer Support?
Nov 27, 2017
24 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
I signed up for Telus last week but Rogers reached out and basically offered me the same plan (plus Visual VM and Intl Texting) for $49.

If I cancel within 14 days of signing up, do I still have to pay the $71 I'm being billed or do I just have to pay for what I've used so far? From what I've read it sounds like I just pay for what I've used, but I'd like to be sure before calling in.
Mar 11, 2012
165 posts
34 upvotes
North York
Has anyone received their bill yet? I can see mine on the overview page and pay for it. But I can't see it when I go to billing. It still says "We are still generating your latest bill. Please try again near the end of your current bill cycle." and I haven't received a text or email about it. I made sure to set bill alerts shortly after signing up. I have the bill format set to paperless e.Bill.

EDIT: Looks like it took an extra day to show up. I see it now on my account but I still haven’t received a text or email to notify me about the bill. I think I’ll setup pre-authorized payment to prevent any potential late fees. I signed up on the 16th and the partial cost is part of the Nov 26th - Dec 25th period. The rest covers the next billing period (Dec 26th - Jan 25th). And the due date is Jan 22nd. I figured it would be sooner.
ChromeBrutus wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 6:16 pm
I signed up for Telus last week but Rogers reached out and basically offered me the same plan (plus Visual VM and Intl Texting) for $49.

If I cancel within 14 days of signing up, do I still have to pay the $71 I'm being billed or do I just have to pay for what I've used so far? From what I've read it sounds like I just pay for what I've used, but I'd like to be sure before calling in.
You have 15 days to cancel and you won't get charged any cancellation fees unless you've used more than 50 minutes, 50 MB, or 50 messages. I don't know what cancellation fees there would be for someone on a BYOD plan. Maybe a $10-25 charge?
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Okay, I got both Visual Voice Mail and International SMS/MMS added at not charge via online chat. When I first asked, the agent said it's not part of the plan. But when I responded that I know that several others have had it added for no charge I was on a hold for a while and she came back and said "Thank you so much for waiting, I have contacted different departments and I was able to get the best deal for you. At TELUS we work everyday to continue with your loyalty, it will be pleasure to add International messaging and Visual Voice Mail for free on your account. " Hopefully that helps others here.

Happy new year!
Dec 16, 2017
5 posts
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 11:18 am
Okay, I got both Visual Voice Mail and International SMS/MMS added at not charge via online chat. When I first asked, the agent said it's not part of the plan. But when I responded that I know that several others have had it added for no charge I was on a hold for a while and she came back and said "Thank you so much for waiting, I have contacted different departments and I was able to get the best deal for you. At TELUS we work everyday to continue with your loyalty, it will be pleasure to add International messaging and Visual Voice Mail for free on your account. " Hopefully that helps others here.

Happy new year!
I am trying right now via chat...55 people ahead of me...lol
Apr 19, 2015
281 posts
123 upvotes
N/A
I got promotional $0 visual voicemail for a year, but no luck on the international text.
Jun 12, 2010
570 posts
133 upvotes
YVR
Went via online chat. Offered VVM at $2/mo instead of $5/mo. Disappointed.
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
merrygold wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 3:40 pm
I got promotional $0 visual voicemail for a year, but no luck on the international text.
It seems that the response we're getting is all over the place. I logged into my Telus account and see that the International SMS/MMS doesn't expire but the VVM is only for two months. I'm getting back on chat with them.
Dec 26, 2006
441 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary
Just got my bill and it has APN tethering in my account now.

Updated to isp.telus.com on my iPhone X and that is working now, looks like the Hotspot issue is fixed. I’m going to leave it as isp as that was the default.
Feb 25, 2013
67 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Tried the online chat and no luck with both VVM or international text for free :(

VVM was +$2, and international text was +$5 for 100 texts or $10 for unlimited..

Will probably try again tomorrow wah