Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] [AB/BC/ON] 10gb Data, Unl Calling $60/mo for new activations (Rogers/Bell matching offer)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 4:13 pm
Sep 5, 2005
488 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
So, last week EPP2 got back to me and told me I wasn’t eligible for the $60/10GB plan as I was a business customer. So they gave me an additional 2GB for 24 months. Fast forward to today and client care contacts me and states that they went ahead and changed the plan to the $60/10GB, while also keeping the 2GB add on.

Long story short, I’m paying $60 for 12GB (2GB is shareable while the other 10GB isn’t). Got to say, I’m quite happy with how things worked out as I was paying $80 for the same amount of data previously.
Dec 28, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
I went on the online chat yesterday and asked again for the free Visual Voicemail and International Text Messaging. I asked nicely and let them know that a lot of people on these forums have been getting it, and I did not think it was fair that it was being offered to some and not others. The support agent added the international text messaging for free, but was only able to give me 2 months of free visual voicemail. I took the offer and will likely contact them again in 2 months to see if they can do anything about the Visual Voicemail. This was my third try - I had tried two times previously and had no luck, so it definitely depends who you get. Here is how my plan looks now in my online account:
telusplan.jpg
Mar 12, 2015
53 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
SuPaFleXx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 2:32 pm
So, last week EPP2 got back to me and told me I wasn’t eligible for the $60/10GB plan as I was a business customer. So they gave me an additional 2GB for 24 months. Fast forward to today and client care contacts me and states that they went ahead and changed the plan to the $60/10GB, while also keeping the 2GB add on.

Long story short, I’m paying $60 for 12GB (2GB is shareable while the other 10GB isn’t). Got to say, I’m quite happy with how things worked out as I was paying $80 for the same amount of data previously.
Nice. Me, on the other hand, I just realized that my free VMM is only a two-month promo. The rep on live chat didn't mention that at all. I'll have to get back on chat with them.
Dec 28, 2017
1 posts
I have a friend who signed up in BC with Telus... he's now being told he can't share the data with his cellular iPad... any advice on a) whether this is true and b) how to rectify it aka threaten them into doing it? Winking Face
Mar 12, 2015
53 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 3:49 pm
Nice. Me, on the other hand, I just realized that my free VMM is only a two-month promo. The rep on live chat didn't mention that at all. I'll have to get back on chat with them.
I got back on chat with Telus but got disconnected while the rep was checking about this. But I got an email shortly after showing my plan changed with this: "L&R Voicemail Visual $0.00".

So it looks like I did get both VVM and International SMS/MMS for no extra charge. I'm happy.
Jul 31, 2015
490 posts
159 upvotes
AB
SuPaFleXx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 2:32 pm

That’s sweet. I was able to keep a couple things too, one of them was a 24m 1gb for $1 addon. Not as good as your free 2gb, but either way.
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 5:21 pm
So it looks like I did get both VVM and International SMS/MMS for no extra charge. I'm happy.
Nice, glad it worked out.

Telus is awesome.
Sep 5, 2005
488 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
Anyone else having difficulty with activating the Apple Watch? I’m still getting an error (same error when I had my EPP plan) when attempting to set cellular up through the watch app.
Jul 31, 2015
490 posts
159 upvotes
AB
SuPaFleXx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 7:35 pm
Anyone else having difficulty with activating the Apple Watch? I’m still getting an error (same error when I had my EPP plan) when attempting to set cellular up through the watch app.
Does it activate partially, aka add a line on your account? If so tech support can fix the rest. They will just need the imei of the watch to provision it.
Sep 5, 2005
488 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
U4LIFE wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 8:44 pm
Does it activate partially, aka add a line on your account? If so tech support can fix the rest. They will just need the imei of the watch to provision it.
It just says,

"There was an issue adding or managing watch to your plan. For further assistance, please contact us"
Jul 31, 2015
490 posts
159 upvotes
AB
SuPaFleXx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 8:55 pm
It just says,

"There was an issue adding or managing watch to your plan. For further assistance, please contact us"

So check online or in the TELUS app if it added a line for your watch. If so, telus can continue provisioning it.

Also things to do, make sure both watch and iPhone are latest iOS, and you have latest carrier update
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16752 posts
1962 upvotes
Langley
SuPaFleXx wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 7:35 pm
I had no issue. I updated the phone and the carrier settings, then paired the watch and added the data plan.
Sep 5, 2005
488 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
i6s1 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:21 pm

I had no issue. I updated the phone and the carrier settings, then paired the watch and added the data plan.
U4LIFE wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:19 pm
So check online or in the TELUS app if it added a line for your watch. If so, telus can continue provisioning it.

Also things to do, make sure both watch and iPhone are latest iOS, and you have latest carrier update
Got in touch with TELUS, my account is still a corporate account and thus isn't eligible for the Apple Watch add-on yet (makes sense). On the flip side, I'm starting to wonder if my 30% EPP discount is still intact if it is still a corporate line and not a consumer account.
Nov 23, 2017
2 posts
Can someone please confirm if the unlimited local calling is included in this bundle each month and NOT just for the 1st month?
My billing details shows "Minutes Local Unlimited-1Month (exp. Jan 18 2018)"...does this auto renew each month?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16752 posts
1962 upvotes
Langley
robcom wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 12:15 pm
Can someone please confirm if the unlimited local calling is included in this bundle each month and NOT just for the 1st month?
My billing details shows "Minutes Local Unlimited-1Month (exp. Jan 18 2018)"...does this auto renew each month?
That's just something that gets added to all new accounts, unlimited first month no matter what your long term plan is. It will vanish but you'll still have unlimited minutes.
Jun 12, 2010
438 posts
74 upvotes
YVR
Update: was successful in getting both long-distance texting and VVM via online chat. A much better experience compared to the first time. It can be done!