Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] [AB/BC/ON] 10gb Data, Unl Calling $60/mo for new activations (Rogers/Bell matching offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 3:19 am
Dec 29, 2017
1 posts
i6s1 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 12:22 pm
That's just something that gets added to all new accounts, unlimited first month no matter what your long term plan is. It will vanish but you'll still have unlimited minutes.
Do u sure about this bro? This bugs me too.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14626 posts
1444 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
robcom wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 12:15 pm
Can someone please confirm if the unlimited local calling is included in this bundle each month and NOT just for the 1st month?
My billing details shows "Minutes Local Unlimited-1Month (exp. Jan 18 2018)"...does this auto renew each month?
Noticed the same thing on my bill
i6s1 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 12:22 pm
That's just something that gets added to all new accounts, unlimited first month no matter what your long term plan is. It will vanish but you'll still have unlimited minutes.
Thanks for the reply
Jul 31, 2015
634 posts
290 upvotes
AB
zhaoguanyugary20 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 11:04 pm
Do u sure about this bro? This bugs me too.
Yep. Always with new lines. It will be gone in jan
Jul 31, 2015
634 posts
290 upvotes
AB
frankc92 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 3:04 pm
Update: was successful in getting both long-distance texting and VVM via online chat. A much better experience compared to the first time. It can be done!
What does the VVM look like one your account? Just curious
Jun 12, 2010
536 posts
129 upvotes
YVR
U4LIFE wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 2:22 pm
What does the VVM look like one your account? Just curious
L&R Voicemail Visual
Sep 22, 2007
167 posts
135 upvotes
Hi everyone. For those of you that activated on December 18/19, any of you get a strange "Jan 4 Rate plan added Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD" in your account's transaction history?
FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 6:14 pm
Yep, same here.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1191 posts
271 upvotes
drceo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:29 am
Hi everyone. For those of you that activated on December 18/19, any of you get a strange "Jan 4 Rate plan added Promo ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD" in your account's transaction history?
Yes! Same thing!
Sep 22, 2007
167 posts
135 upvotes
nav888 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 1:45 pm
Yes! Same thing!
Thanks so much for looking into this. Any idea what that might be?
May 11, 2005
536 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
After the fact, due to an email I had sent in frustration during the promotional time period... they switched my plan to "EPP UNLW 10 GB non-share BYOD". My Telus contract had been up for a year.

This was my old plan:

$60 EPP Unlimited Local 3GB

included features

3 GB included data
250 LD min
Unlimited Messaging
TELUS to TELUS CAN Calling
Canadian LD @ $0.10
MHSI APN Access
Canadian LD @ $0.15
Text Messaging Services
SPARK Sampler
911 Emergency Access Charge
Conference Calling
Call Display
Outbound Call Display On
Advanced Voice Mail
Call Waiting

new features added

International Calling On
International Data Roaming
International Voice Roaming

This is my new plan:

EPP ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD

$60.00
Services

International Voice Roaming On
International Calling On
International Data Roaming On

Call Waiting
Call Display
Outbound Call Display On
Conference Calling
Advanced Voice Mail

No charge LD: CAN to CAN
Family Calling LD
SMS Unlimited

Now, via e-mail, they've offered to change my account to a consumer account as well ('cause I had asked for that in my initial email as well). Is there any benefit either way? If I change to a consumer account, will they allow a bundle discount with our home phone? (the only other Telus product in our home). They would not allow a bundle of our home phone with the corporate mobility plan.

They took away the call-forwarding I had included complimentary in my old plan (I had never used it but now that it's gone LOL.... hmmm?)
Based on suggestions here, I am going to ask that that be included and also ask for the Canada - Int'l texting to be added.

What is VVM?

Also, anybody with Telus ever have issues with charges for texts to and from numbers other than 10 digit numbers? The new Telus contract wording is "SMS unlimited" and not "unlimited messaging" as it was before.

I briefly tried Freedom Mobile during the promo and cancelled during the remorse 15 day period. I discovered with Freedom you are charged 10 cents for any text to and from short codes i.e. radio stations, Uber, contests, etc. I had never encountered any charges like that with Telus. Those texts are not included in the "unlimited texting" with Freedom. Freedom only allows unlimited free texting to and from standard 10 digit numbers I was told by customer service after the fact.
Feb 16, 2016
243 posts
131 upvotes
Triever wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 2:44 pm
After the fact, due to an email I had sent in frustration during the promotional time period... they switched my plan to "EPP UNLW 10 GB non-share BYOD". My Telus contract had been up for a year.

This was my old plan:

$60 EPP Unlimited Local 3GB

included features

3 GB included data
250 LD min
Unlimited Messaging
TELUS to TELUS CAN Calling
Canadian LD @ $0.10
MHSI APN Access
Canadian LD @ $0.15
Text Messaging Services
SPARK Sampler
Conference Calling
Call Display
Outbound Call Display On
Advanced Voice Mail
Call Waiting

new features added

International Calling On
International Data Roaming
International Voice Roaming

This is my new plan:

EPP ULNW 10GB non-share BYOD

$60.00
Services

International Voice Roaming On
International Calling On
International Data Roaming On

Call Waiting
Call Display
Outbound Call Display On
Conference Calling
Advanced Voice Mail

No charge LD: CAN to CAN
Family Calling LD
SMS Unlimited

Now, via e-mail, they've offered to change my account to a consumer account as well ('cause I had asked for that in my initial email as well). Is there any benefit either way? If I change to a consumer account, will they allow a bundle discount with our home phone? (the only other Telus product in our home). They would not allow a bundle of our home phone with the corporate mobility plan.

They took away the call-forwarding I had included complimentary in my old plan (I had never used it but now that it's gone LOL.... hmmm?)
Based on suggestions here, I am going to ask that that be included and also ask for the Canada - Int'l texting to be added.

What is VVM?

Also, anybody with Telus ever have issues with charges for texts to and from numbers other than 10 digit numbers? The new Telus contract wording is "SMS unlimited" and not "unlimited messaging" as it was before.

I briefly tried Freedom Mobile during the promo and cancelled during the remorse 15 day period. I discovered with Freedom you are charged 10 cents for any text to and from short codes i.e. radio stations, Uber, contests, etc. I had never encountered any charges like that with Telus. Those texts are not included in the "unlimited texting" with Freedom. Freedom only allows unlimited free texting to and from standard 10 digit numbers I was told by customer service after the fact.
Are you not getting 35% off for your corporate line? If you change to consumer, you will lose that discount.
Mar 12, 2015
70 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Triever wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 2:44 pm
What is VVM?
Visual Voice Mail. A nicer way of tracking, listening to, deleting voice mails. I didn't know what it was before people on this thread were talking about. Now that I have it, I like it.
May 11, 2005
536 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
illicit wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 4:57 pm
Are you not getting 35% off for your corporate line? If you change to consumer, you will lose that discount.
No the price is the same as everybody else $60
Nov 29, 2013
703 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
frankc92 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 3:04 pm
Update: was successful in getting both long-distance texting and VVM via online chat. A much better experience compared to the first time. It can be done!
Can you please share what you said to them I have been trying still and no luck, even reading the above poster who got it I am not able to get it still...
Nov 29, 2013
703 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got it through chat.. wow, thanks if not for you guys trying still I would have given up.

I got int texting and the promo VVM add on!